A Danish bacteriologist known for his development of Gram staining, remains a standard technique to classify bacteria and make them more visible under a microscope. Hans Christian Gram. In general, he is a very talented person.
Google doodle celebrates Hans Christian Joachim Gram
Google celebrates the 166th anniversary of the birth of the microbiologist Hans Christian Joachim Gram with a scribble in his honor. Gram was born on September 13, 1853 in Copenhagen, Denmark. Gram is best known for being a pioneer in the Gram staining method to identify bacteria. The Danish microbiologist obtained a master's degree from the University of Copenhagen in 1878. He then traveled to Europe between 1883 and 1885 studying pharmacology and bacteriology. Gram noted that the treatment of a heat-fixed bacterial cell smear with a crystalline violet spot, followed by an iodine solution and an organic solvent, revealed differences in the structure and biochemical function of several samples. The gram-positive bacteria remained purple because they have a single thick cell wall that is not easily penetrated by the solvent. While gram-negative bacteria discolor because they have cell walls with much thinner layers that allow the dye to be removed by the solvent. Its discovery not only helps in the identification and classification of bacteria, but also helps to decide the treatment of bacterial diseases. For example, the antibiotic penicillin is active only against Gram-positive bacteria. Since Gram-negative bacteria cell walls will not absorb Gram stain, they will not absorb penicillin. Pneumococci, which can cause many diseases, are classified as Gram-positive. He published these findings the same year in an academic journal and included a modest disclaimer that his findings are flawed and imperfect, but he hoped it would be useful in the hands of future researchers.
Death of Gram, Cause of Death
On November 14, 1938, Hans Gram left this world at the age of 85. The cause of death is unknown.
Early Life of Gram
Gram was born as Hans Christian Joachim Gram on September 13, 1853 in Copenhagen, Denmark. His nationality is Danish and his ethnicity is mixed. He was the son of Frederik Terkel Julius Gram, professor of jurisprudence, and Louise Christiane Roulund. As for his education, he studied at the University of Copenhagen and was botanist assistant to zoologist Japetus Steenstrup. His study of plants presented him with the fundamentals of pharmacology and the use of the microscope. After that, he entered medical school in 1878 and graduated in 1883. He traveled throughout Europe between 1878 and 1885.
Gram body measurement
Gram was a very pretty person with a lovely smile on his lips that attracted many people to him. It has a perfect height that matches its perfect weight. Unfortunately, your exact details regarding your height, weight and other body measurements are under review, but they will be added soon.
- In 1884, Gram developed a method to distinguish between two main classes of bacteria.
- This technique, Gram staining, continues to be a standard procedure in medical microbiology.
- His work earned Gram an international reputation.
- The stain later played an important role in the classification of bacteria.
- A Gram stain is performed using a primary violet crystal stain and a safranine counterstain.
- His initial work concerned the study of red blood cells in men.
- He was one of the first to recognize that macrocytes were characteristic of pernicious anemia.
- He taught pharmacology, and later that year he was appointed professor at the University of Copenhagen in 1891.
- He resigned from his chair of pharmacology to become a professor of medicine in 1900.
- He published four volumes of clinical conferences that were widely used in Denmark as a teacher.
- He retired from the University of Copenhagen in 1923 and died in 1938.
- On September 13, 2019, Google celebrated the anniversary of his birth with a Doodle for Canada, Peru, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Israel, India and some European countries.
Net value of gram
Gram's net worth has not yet been disclosed and is still under review. There is no other information about your earnings and sources of earnings, but it will be added soon.
Marital status, wife, son
Hans can be a married person as well as a single person, since there is no information revealed by any source. Therefore, your marital status and affairs remain a mystery and will be added soon once our team obtains information related to this.