The former Canadian ice hockey player and currently a sports agent is named after Joseph Leonard Gilles Lupien, who is known as Gilles Lupien. He began his ice hockey career from 1971 to 1982. His playing position was defense and his shot stayed. He was selected by the Montreal Canadiens as 33rd overall in the 1974 NHL Draft. During his career he played for the Montreal Canadiens, Pittsburgh Penguins and Hartford Whalers. As a sports agent, he has represented Steve Bernier, Corey Crawford, Sean Couturier and Roberto Luongo. He is also a former owner of the Longueuil Chevaliers and the Victoriaville Tigres.
Brief facts about Gilles Lupien
|Famous name||Gilles Lupien|
|Current Age||67 years, 1 months and 23 days|
|Birth Name||Joseph Leonard Gilles Lupien|
|job||Former ice hockey player|
|place of birth||Lachute, Quebec|
|marital status||Still unclear|
|Net worth||$ 1 million – $ 5 million|
|Source of wealth||Sports industry|
|height||6 feet 6 inches|
|Famous for||For winning two Stanley Cups with Montreal in 1978 and 1979|
- As a former ice hockey defender.
- For winning two Stanley Cups (Award) with Montreal in 1978 and 1979.
What is the nationality of Gilles Lupien?
Gilles Lupien was born on April 20, 1954 and his birthplace is in Lachute, Quebec, Canada. However, his hometown is Brownsburg-Chatham, where he grew up. His birth name / real name is Joseph Leonard Gilles Lupien. He is a Canadian citizen and his ethnic background is Canadian White. From 2021 he cut his 67th birthday cake. Aries is his zodiac sign and his religion is Christian. Gilles Lupien didn’t mention anything about his parents’ details and siblings, as well as his educational background.
What was Gilles Lupien’s career like?
- In 1977, Gilles Lupien began his career with the Montreal Canadiens and then played for the Pittsburgh Penguins and Hartford Whalers.
- He was selected by the Montreal Canadiens as 33rd overall in the 1974 NHL Draft. While he was selected in 1974 in the WHA Draft by the Toronto Toros as 71st overall.
- With the Montreal team, he won two Stanley Cups in 1978 and 1979.
- He then became a professional hockey agent for an unnamed Drummondville Voltigeurs player who contacted him about the sexual progress of the team’s coach, Jean Bégin. Jean Begin was later convicted.
- Back then he played for the team including Hartford Whalers, Binghamton Whalers, Pittsburgh Penguins, Nova Scotia Voyageurs, Montreal Red, White and Blue, Sherbrooke Castors and Quebec Remparts.
Source: @ rds.ca.
Who is Gilles Lupien married to?
Gilles Lupien appears to be married but tries to keep his personal and love life private. He prefers not to disclose the details of marital status or divorce to the public. So he’s a very secret man. Even so, he is enjoying his present life very much. He’s not gay and his sexual orientation is straight. There is no news of his rumors, dating records, media involvement.
What is the net worth of Gilles Lupien?
Sports agent Gilles Lupien’s net worth is estimated at $ 1 million to $ 5 million through 2021. He made a huge fortune with his ice hockey career. Currently, his main source of wealth comes from his sports career. He is living a cool lifestyle as of today and is happy with his income as he has not disclosed his exact salary to the public.
How tall is Gilles Lupien?
Gilles Lupien stands at a height of 198 cm. His balanced body weight consists of 210 kg or 95 kg. His hair color is white and his eye color is brown. His build is average. Overall, he has a healthy body at this age.
Did you know already?
- His birth name is Joseph Leonard Gilles Lupien.
- He was selected by the Montreal Canadiens as 33rd overall in the 1974 NHL Draft.
- He stands at a height of 198 cm.
- As a retired ice hockey player, Lupien’s playing position was defense and his shot stayed.
- During his career he played for the Montreal Canadiens, Pittsburgh Penguins and Hartford Whalers.
- He is a former owner of the Longueuil Chevaliers and the Victoriaville Tigres.