Davina McCall is an English teleision presenter. She is known as the host of the reality show “Big Brother” on Channel 4 between 2000 and 2010. She also hosted “Streetmate” (1998-2001, 2016), “The Million Pound Drop” (2010-2015) on Channel 4 , “Five Minutes to a Fortune” (2013) and “The Jump” (2014-2017), as well as ITVs “The Biggest Loser” (2011-2012), “Long Lost Family” (2011-present) and “This Time Next Year “(2016-2019). She also hosted the Sky One dance competition show “Got to Dance”. She was a juror for the ITV musical competition show “The Masked Singer” and, since 2021, a juror for a spin-off of the show, The Masked Dancer. Before her fame, she began her career as a singer and model. She later embarked on her television career with a first job as a presenter for MTV in 1992. She also hosted the BAFTAs and the BBC charities Comic Relief and Sport Relief. In 2006 she started her own chat show called “Davina”. The show was later canceled due to bad reviews. Then she started another show, “The Davina Hour”, on W in September 2017. She also appeared in “Sam’s Game,” a sitcom similar to Friends, in 2001 and also voiced her voice for android Davina McCall episode of “Doctor Who” with the title Bad Wolf in 2005.
Brief facts about Davina McCall
|Celebrated name||Davina McCall|
|Age||54 years, 9 months and 24 days|
|Birth Name||Davina McCall|
|date of birth||1967-10-16|
|Country of birth||England|
|place of birth||Wimbledon, London|
|school||Katharinenschule, Latymer Girls School|
|marital status||Married and divorced|
|children||3; Holly & Tilly and Chester|
|husband||Andrew Leggett (Ex), Matthew Robertson (Ex)|
|Net worth||$ 4 million|
|Source of wealth||Entertainment career|
|height||5 feet 7 inches or 1.70 m|
|Body size||34-25-36 inches|
|Eye color||Dark brown|
What is Davina McCall famous for?
- As a TV presenter from England.
- For the presentation of the reality show “Big Brother” from 2000 to 2010.
Source: @ instagram.com / davinamccall
Where is Davina McCall from?
Davina McCall was born on October 16, 1967. Her place of birth is Wimbledon, London, England. Her maiden name, or real name, is Davina Lucy Pascale McCall. She was born to a French mother, Florence Hennion, and an English father, Andrew McCall, a graphic designer and event organizer. Her parents divorced when she was just three years old. She then moved in with her paternal grandparents in Surrey. She had a complicated relationship with her mother. Libra is their zodiac sign and their religion is Christian. She is a British citizen and her ethnic background is mixed as she has English ancestry on her father’s side and French on her mother’s side.
Through her education, she attended St. Catherine’s School, Bramley near Guildford, Surrey, and Godolphin, and the Latymer Girls School, an independent school in Hammersmith, west London. In secondary school, she studied nine O levels and two A levels.
Davina McCall career timeline
- Davina McCall began her career as a singer with the band “Lazy Bear”.
- When she was 18, she decided to pursue a professional career as a classical solo artist.
- She then gave up for lack of success and then began to work as a booker for “Models 1”. She also opened a restaurant and worked for a short time as a cabaret artist and dancer.
- She also appeared as a dancer in the video for the 1991 Kylie Minogue single “Word Is Out,” wearing a striped sweater and beret in allusion to her French ancestry.
- She was also hired to host Ray Cokes’ “Most Wanted on MTV Europe” in 1992. Then she hosted “Hitlist UK”.
- She also hosted the ITV late night game show “God’s Gift”.
- In 1999 she hosted the six-part series “Birthrace 2000” with Lisa Riley. She also hosted four series of “Don’t Try This at Home” for ITV. She continued with the station and presented series such as Popstars: The Rivals and The Vault.
- In 2005 McCall presented “He’s Having a Baby”. She had previously presented or starred in various similar Comic Relief shows, including The Record Breaker (1999), Naked Red Nose Ground Force in Practice and Say Pants to Poverty (2001), The Big Hair Do (2003) and Comic Relief Does Fame Academy (2005). Starting in early 2006, she hosted her own prime-time chat show, Davina.
- Soon she was hired to present for popular shows like “Streetmate”, “Big Brother”, “Celebrity Big Brother”, “The Friday Night New Year Project 2007”.
- She also became a regular host of the live accompaniment show “Big Brother’s Big Mouth” for seasons 10 and 11. As the finale of the series on Channel 4, McCall also presented the show “Ultimate Big Brother”.
- Then she announced in April 2011 that she would not be returning as a hostess.
- Since 2011 she has hosted “The Biggest Loser” and “Long Lost Family”.
- In 2013 McCall presented “Stepping Out,” which rivaled BBC One’s “Strictly Come Dancing”.
- She later started presenting a new game show, “The Million Pound Drop”. The last episode aired on March 20, 2015, the primetime series was canceled in 2016.
- Then it was later announced that the format would return as a daily series under the name “The £ 100,000 Drop”.
- In 2015 she presented “One Hundred and Eighty”, a darts-based game show for Sky1.
- From 2012 to 2016 she moderated the charity telethon “Stand Up to Cancer” together with Alan Carr, Adam Hills and Christian Jessen.
- In addition to Alan Carr, she also hosted the companion series “Stars at Your Service”.
- She presented a four-part fact sheet for ITV in 2016 called “Davina McCall: Life at the Extreme”.
- In April 2013 she presented a series of “Five Minutes to a Fortune” and from January 2014 to March 2017 she presented the reality competition “The Jump”.
- In addition to Phillip Schofield, she presented three episodes of “This Morning” as a guest.
- On channel 4 she presented “Make My Body Better”. From September 2017 she presented her own show called “The Davina Hour” on the W channel.
- As a guest she presented five episodes of “The Nightly Show” in March 2017.
- After a year she became the presenter of “A&E Live”.
- On September 9, 2019, she was announced as a judge for “The Masked Singer”, the UK version of the international music game show “Masked Singer”.
- March 2021, ITV announced that McCall would appear as a judge on the brand new spin-off show from “The Masked Singer UK”, “The Masked Dancer UK”, which will air in the spring of 2021.
Book list by Davina McCall
- Davina’s 5 Weeks to Sugar Free (released January 8, 2015)
- Davinas Smart Carbs (released December 31, 2015)
- Lessons I’ve Learned (published September 22, 2016)
- Davina’s Sugar-Free in a Hurry (released December 29, 2016)
Who is Davina McCall married to?
Davina McCall was previously a married woman. Since May 2019 she was in a relationship with Michael Douglas, a hairdresser by profession. The duo is enjoying their current life happily and undisturbed. They are planning to get married soon. Your sexual orientation is straight.
Davina McCall previously dated Enrco Silverstrin, Eric Clapton and Stan Collymore. In September 1997 she married her ex-husband Andrew Leggett. Later, in 1999, they were divorced. She then married Matthew Robertson, the presenter of Pet Rescue, on June 29, 2000. They are also blessed with three beautiful children, Holly & Tilly and Chester. However, their marriage was officially over in November 2017.
Davina McCall took on a BT Sport Relief challenge called “Davina – Beyond Breaking Point” in February 2014 that involved either running, swimming or cycling across the UK for seven days to raise funds for UK charity Sport Relief. During the live telethon, it was announced that McCall had raised over £ 2.2 million for Sport Relief in 2014.
What is the net worth of Davina McCall?
Davina McCall is a successful television host with an estimated net worth of $ 4 million (around £ 2.83 million) as of 2021. She owns the estate, which is said to be worth more than £ 8 million, including a Georgian mansion worth £ 4.3 million, a St Tropez mansion worth £ 1.5 million and a Surrey mansion of £ 1 million in their portfolio. In addition, she has published several fitness DVDs and has been the face of the Garnier cosmetics brand for many years. While her exact salary information is not currently available, there is no doubt for her followers that she is making a lot of money off of her career. She is currently content with her earnings and leads a lavish lifestyle. She was also a brand ambassador for Garnier in the UK
How tall is Davina McCall and how much does she weigh?
Davina McCall is a charming and beautiful woman with a perfect height of 1.70 m and a balanced weight of 58 kg. Your body measurement is 34-25-36. Her hair color is black and her eye color is dark brown. She has a toned physique and also has several tattoos on her body. At that time, she suffered from drug addiction early in her career. Overall, she has a healthy body and takes care of her body a lot too.
Davina was scheduled to travel to France in 2020 but her vacation has been canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Davina therefore posted a modeling session from her bedroom in which she posed in a bikini look to make up for the loss. She shared a photo of her lounging by the pool in a blue and white striped bikini, flashing a bright smile while shielding her eyes with sunglasses. She posted the picture on Instagram and labeled the snapshot “hard at work” with two laughing emojis next to it. Hours after her bikini photo, she also shared a snap of her boyfriend Michael Douglas doing her hair.
Source: @ instagram.com / davinamccall