Brief facts from Alex Padilla
|Famous name||Alex Padilla|
|Birth Name||Alejandro Padilla|
|Date of birth||1973-03-22|
|place of birth||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|mother||Magnifying Glass Padilla|
|brothers and sisters||Two|
|Secondary school||San Fernando High School|
|Famous for||Be an American politician.|
|Known for||For serving as the 32nd California Secretary of State.|
|Source of wealth||Political career|
|Net worth||$ 8 million|
|Eye color||Dark brown|
|Build / type||Average|
Alex Padilla is an American politician who is known for the 5 years as the 32nd Secretary of State of California, since 2015. On December 22, 2020, Padilla was selected by Governor Gavin Newsom to replace Vice President Kamala Harris in the United States Senate. He was the first Latino senator from California and the first male senator to represent the state since 1993.
He is a member of the Democratic Party, which previously served in the California Senate as the representative of the 20th district. In July 2001, he was even elected President of the Los Angeles City Council, holding his position until December 2005.
He is also active on social media websites with over 53.3,000 followers on Twitter: @ AlexPadilla4CA and over 16,000 followers on Instagram: @ alexpadilla4ca.
What is Alex Padilla famous for?
- Famous as the 32nd California Secretary of State.
- Known as the first Latino Senator from California.
Where was Alex Padilla born?
Alex Padilla was born on March 22, 1973 in Los Angeles, California, USA. His birth name is Alejandro Padilla. His nationality is American. Padilla belongs to the Latin American ethnicity, while Aries is his zodiac sign.
Alex Padilla was born one of three children to his parents; Santos Padilla (father) and Lupe Padilla (mother). Both parents immigrated from Mexico before they met and married in Los Angeles. Alex grew up with his siblings in the Pacoima Ward, Los Angeles.
After graduation, he attended San Fernando High School in the northeast of the San Fernando Valley. In 1994 he graduated from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) with a degree in mechanical engineering.
After graduation, he returned to Pacoima and worked briefly as an engineer for Hughes Aircraft. During his time at Hughes Aircraft, he even wrote software for satellite systems.
Alex Padilla’s career highlights
- Alex Padilla began his political career in 1995 as a member of the Democratic Party.
- He was also a member of the MIT Board of Directors and President of the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO).
- He is even the chairman of the American Diabetes Association’s Los Angeles Leadership Council.
- His first professional political role was as personal assistant to California Senator Dianne Feinstein.
- He was sworn in as a member of the Los Angeles City Council on July 1, 1999.
- Two years later, he became president of the same council and became the first Latino and youngest person to be elected president of the council.
- He is also the first Latino to serve as president of the California League of Cities.
- He was elected to the Senate in 2006 and later re-elected in 2010.
- He was elected Foreign Minister on November 4, 2014 and later re-elected in 2018.
- On October 16, 2020, Secretary Padilla became embroiled in a controversy between the state and the California Republican Party.
- On December 22, 2020, Padilla was selected by Governor Gavin Newsom to replace elected Vice President Kamala Harris in the United States Senate.
Alex Padilla’s wife
Alex Padilla is married to his only wife, Angela Padilla. Angela is a passionate American mental health attorney who even serves as president of Fundamental Change, a mental health organization, and speaks about the subject in schools, communities, and events. She also worked as an assistant vice president / LR manager for Bank of America.
The couple were married in 2012 at the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels in Los Angeles, California and have lived together for over 8 years. They have three sons together.
Alex Padilla’s net worth
Alex Padilla has made quite a good income from his successful career as a politician. Having initially started his career as an engineer, Padilla went a long way in his ten-year career as the 32nd Secretary of State for California and now the United States Senate. With over 5 years as Secretary of State for California, Padilla has built a stable net worth estimated at $ 10 million.
Alex Padilla’s height
Alex Padilla is a handsome man with a well-groomed average build in his forties. He stands tall with a height of 6 feet. 1 inch. while his body weighs about 85 kg. He has a physique of 36-34-35 inches with a shoe size of 8 (US). He has a fair complexion with black hair and dark brown eyes.