Tina Turner is an internationally renowned singer, songwriter and actress. Originally from the United States, she has been a Swiss citizen since 2013. Turner has made herself known with Ike Turner’s Kings of Rhythm before recording successes with both Ike and as an artist. solo performer.
One of the best-selling artists in the world of records, she has been nicknamed “The Queen of Rock” and has sold more than 200 million records worldwide. Turner is known for his dynamic stage presence, his powerful voice, his professional longevity and his striking legs.
Anna Mae Bullock
Anna Mae Turner, Tina Turner, Tina Turner Bach, The Burner, The Queen of Rock and Roll
Singer, composer, dancer, actress, musician Producer, choreographer
R & B, Pop, Soul, Dance, Rock & Roll, Rock
United Artists, Capitol, Virgin, Parlophone
Date of birth
Tina Turner was born November 26, 1939 in Nutbush, Tennessee, USA.
She is currently 79 years old.
Küsnacht, Zürich, Switzerland
Sign of the sun
Tina Turner was raised as a Baptist, but later converted to Buddhism.
Tina Turner attended Flagg Grove Elementary School in Nutbush from the first to the eighth standard. In 1958, she graduated from Sumner High School in St. Louis, Missouri. After graduation, Tina worked as a nurse’s aide at Barnes-Jewish Hospital.
- Father – Floyd Richard Bullock (farmer at Poindexter Farm)
- Mother – Zelma Priscilla (nee Currie) (housewife)
- Brothers and sisters – Ruby Ailene (older sister)
Tina Turner dated –
- Raymond Hill (1957-1958) – Tina Turner had a relationship with Raymond Hill and had a son named Raymond Craig with him, although the couple did not get married.
- Ike Turner (1958-1978) – Tina Turner had a tumultuous relationship with her late husband, Ike Turner. The duo is famous for its hit songs such as Proud Mary and River Deep-Mountain High. The singer allegedly accused her late ex-husband, Ike Turner, of mistreating her, which eventually led to the divorce. It is assumed that the scandalous vinaigrette that the singer played on stage during her performances was the result of her husband’s choice. Tina Turner kept her stage name even after the divorce. Ronald Turner (born in 1960) is his only son with his husband Ike Turner. Ike Jr. (born in 1958) and Michael Turner (born in 1959) are his descendants of Ike Turner with his ex-wife.
- David Bowie (1984) – Singer, actor and composer David Robert Jones, better known as David Bowie dated Tina Turner.
- Mick Jagger (1985) – Tina Turner claims to have been to the singer, songwriter and American film producer Mick Jagger of The Rolling Stones after Live Aid in 1985.
- Erwin Bach (June 1985 to today) – Tina Turner and Erwin Bach stayed together for a long time and finally got married on July 4, 2013. Erwin Bach is a German music executive who met Tina at the time of writing. an evening with a label in London.
- In kilograms – 58 kg
- In pounds – 129 lbs
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- Measurements – 36-29-38
- Chest – 36 inches
- Cut – 29 inches
- hip – 38 inches
- Bra size – 34B
The size of the dress
Her dress size is 10 (US).
She is wearing a shoe size 7.5 (US).
Tina Turner is best known for her duets with Ike Turner: A Love Fool, River Deep – Mountain High, Proud Marie, and Nutbush City Limits.
In 1970, Tina Turner appeared for the first time in a documentary film Gimme Shelter, where she played as herself.
Start of the album
In 1974, Tina Turner’s first album, Tina Turns the Country On! was released under the label United Artists in which she performs solo.
She has worked for brands such as Plymouth Automobiles (1989), Pepsi-Cola (1989), Rugby League (Late 80’s / Early 90’s).
In 1966, Tina Turner appeared for the first time on television in The Big T.N.T Show, a documentary in which she herself figured.
Tina Turner Favorites
Favorite perfume – V’E Versace, Amazon Hermes, Southern Water
Favorite movie – Mad Max 2: The Warrior of the Road (1981)
Favorite drink – Coffee and Champagne
Favorite color – Red
Favorite food – Fried chicken
Favorite shoe – Pumps and boots
Favorite show – Gossip Girl
Tina Turner net worth
Tina Turner has a net worth estimated at $ 250 million dollars from 2019.
Social media profiles
Some lesser known facts about Tina Turner
- Turner’s childhood became chaotic when her mother ran away because of her violent father. She was only 13 years old when he remarried and abandoned her, along with her sister. She went to live with her grandmother and worked as a maid.
- She is considered the most successful rock artist in the history of music.
- Tina Turner joined the cheerleading team and the Carver High School women’s basketball team during her stay at her grandmother’s in Brownsville.
- Tina holds a record sale of over 60 million concert tickets, more than any female artist in history.
- She has won eight Grammy Awards for her soul songs.
- Angela Bassett portrayed her in What’s Love, a biographical film based on the autobiography of the singer.
- She has moved to Algonquin Castle in Küsnachts since 1994 and currently resides there.
- She rebuilt her career after leaving her husband at concerts.
- In 1974, Tina played TheAcid Queen in the London musical Tommy. Her performance made her famous in the UK and the following year she released her second solo album, The Acid Queen.
- In 1974, Turner released his first solo album Tina Turns the Country On! with the help of Bolic Sound Studios. The album was acclaimed by the critics and earned her Grammy nomination for best female R & B vocal performance.
- In the PBS African American Lives 2 documentary hosted by Henry Louis Gates, it was confirmed that Tina had 1% Native American ancestry.
- In 1978, his third album, Rough, is released under the same label. Follows Love Explosion. Unfortunately, the two albums did not impress her fans and she decided not to renew her contract with the company.
- In November 1983, Turner published his Let’s Stay Together cover with Al Green’s Capitol Records.
- In 1983, after signing with Capitol Records, Turner published Let’s Stay Together. The single was a huge hit in Europe and the United States, putting his first solo single on the charts. She signed a contract of three albums with the disc.
- In 1984, she released Private Dancer, which is considered her return album, sold to about 20 million copies worldwide. The hit album What’s Love won a Grammy Award.
- In 1986, she released another successful album, Break Every Rule, which sold four million copies worldwide. The same year, she published her autobiography “I, Tina” and received a star on Hollywood’s Walk of Fame.
- In 1991, Turned signed the rights for the production of the film “Love has to do with”, based on his relationship with Ike. She also helped the protagonist with her costumes and taught her the dance moves.
- In December 2005, Turner was recognized by the Kennedy Center Honors at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, DC, and was elected to join an elite group of artists.
- In 2008, she played with Beyonce at the Grammy Awards and won a Grammy as River’s featured artist: The Joni Letters. The same year, she began her first tour in ten years, Tina !: 50th Anniversary Tour.
- In 2013, three weeks after her marriage with Erwin Bach, she suffered a stroke and had to relearn how to walk.
- In 2016, he was diagnosed with bowel cancer. Turner has opted for homeopathic remedies to treat his high blood pressure, leading to kidney damage and possible kidney failure.
- In January 2018, it was announced that Turner would receive the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award.
- In October 2018, it was announced that the biographical musical Tina would be presented on Broadway in the fall of 2019.