Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce She is a Jamaican athletic sprinter who is the first Caribbean woman to win 100m gold at the Olympic Games when she was only 21 years old. In 2012, Pryce became the third woman to win two consecutive 100m gold medals at the Olympic Games and in 2016, she became the first woman to win 100 meter medals in three consecutive Olympic Games. Shelly has always created history, as she recently became the first mother and the oldest woman in history to win 100m gold at the World Championship in 2019.
Why is Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce famous?
- Famous as the professional athletic sprinter.
- Famous as the first Caribbean woman to win 100m gold at the Olympic Games
Source: @ people.com
When and where was Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce born?
Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce was born on December 27, 1986 in Kingston, Jamaica. Her birth name is Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce. His nationality is American. Pryce belongs to the black ethnic group, while Capricon is its zodiac sign.
Shelly was born in a poor family and raised by a single mother in a private community. She is the daughter of Maxine (mother) who is a former athlete. Maxine worked very hard for her daughter, however, her street sales job sometimes barely earned enough to buy them a dinner. Shelly graduated from Wolmer ' s High School for Girls and then realized that she was on the world stage.
Fraser-Pryce graduated from the University of Technology with his Bachelor's Degree in Child and Adolescent Development in November 2012. Later, in 2016, he announced that he was looking for a Master of Science in Applied Psychology at the University of the West Indies.
Shortly after she became a world champion sprinter in the 100 meter race. When he was 16, he won his first 100-meter victory in the famous Jamaica School Championship in 2002. In 2007, Fraser won a silver medal in the Jamaica World Championship relay team. Later, Fraser went on to the Beijing Olympics.
When did Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce start her professional career?
Source: @ independent.co.uk
- Fraser began his professional career after winning an Olympic gold medal in the 100 meters, becoming the first Jamaican woman in history to do so.
- In 2009, it was marked as the No. 1 Jamaican qualifier for the 2009 Berlin World Championship and finally won the 100-meter title.
- Fraser-Pryce won the 100 and 200 meters at the Jamaica Olympics at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
- In the 2013 World Championship held in Moscow, Fraser-Pryce won his victory with world leading times in both the 100 and 200 meters.
- Fraser also became the first woman to hold IAAF world titles in 60m, 100m, 200m and 4 × 100m relays simultaneously.
- Fraser-Pryce made his debut at the Indoor World Championship in Sopot in 2014 winning the 60m title.
- He set a world leader time of 100.7 m at 10.74 in Paris and won the 100 m race at the 2015 World Championship
- Upon winning it, Fraser became the first woman in history to win three 100-meter world championship titles.
- The IAAF also referred to her as possibly the best female sprinter in history.
- Fraser also ranks fourth on the list of the fastest 100m sprinters of all time.
- She won the bronze at the 2016 Summer Olympics.
- Fraser also became the first woman to win 100m medals in three consecutive Olympic Games.
- Later, in 2017, Fraser-Pryce did not play any games, as he took a break in 2017 to have his first child.
- Fraser-Pryce became the oldest woman to win a 100-meter world or Olympic title at the 2019 World Championship.
- Her victory in 2019 marked her fourth 100-meter world title and the eighth overall world title.
Is Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce married?
The beautiful and talented athlete, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce is a married woman. Fraser-Pryce is married to longtime boyfriend Jason Pryce. Shelly and Jason married in January 2011. They lived for about six years together, the couple welcomed their first baby named Zyon on August 7, 2017.
Currently, Fraser-Pryce is living a happy life with her husband and son in Kingston, Jamaica.
Fraser-Pryce is also a social worker, as she is the president of the Pocket Rocket Foundation, which supports high school athletes in difficult financial situations for proper education and training.
She became UNICEF's first national goodwill ambassador in Jamaica in 2010.
Source: @ people.com
How much does Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce earn?
Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce has a good income throughout her career as a professional athletic sprinter. Taking into account all the hard work and time that Fraser-Pryce has put into his career, he has managed to accumulate a large fortune of the amount in millions of dollars through his various winning titles and awards.
She enjoys her fortune, which is estimated at $ 4 million.
With all the fortune in millions of dollars, Fraser-Pryce has managed to live a luxurious lifestyle. Fraser-Pryce even has his own hairdressing business, a hairdresser called "Chic Hair Ja" through which he also adds a few dollars more to his fortune.
How tall is Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce?
Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, an 32-year-old athlete, has a well-maintained athletic physique. As an athlete, Fraser-Pryce has been very interested and aware of his health and fitness. Fraser-Pryce has a dark complexion with black hair and black eyes. Fraser-Pryce stands with a height of 5 feet (1.52 m) while its body weighs about 52 kg (115 pounds).