Sam Smith is an English singer and songwriter. He made his name in October 2012 when he featured on Disclosure's groundbreaking single, Latch, which reached eleventh place in the UK Singles Chart. His next film on Naughty Boy's La La La earned him his first single number one in May 2013. In December 2013, he was nominated for the 2014 Brit Critics' Choice Award and the 2014 BBC Sound of Sound. both of which he won. He has also become famous for being nominated for six Grammy Awards and winning four. His singing style encompasses several genres such as pop, soul, R & B and others. He is also a well-known social media celebrity and has a large fan base on various social networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Samuel Frederick Smith
Pop, Soul, R & B
Anniversary / Date of birth
Sam Smith was born on May 19, 1992 in London, England.
He is currently 27 years old.
Sign of the sun
Sam Smith attended St. Mary's Catholic School Bishop's Stortford, England.
- Father – Frederick Smith (husband of the house)
- Mother – Kate Cassidy (banker)
- Brothers and sisters – Unknown
Boyfriend / spouse
Sam Smith dated –
- Jonathan Zeizel – Sam Smith admitted that he was in connection with the actor and model Jonathan Zeizel, but the two later split up.
- Brandon Flynn (2017-2018) – In September 2017, actor Brandon Flynn and Sam began dating. They took leave in June 2018 after spending about 9 months together.
- In feet – 6 feet 2 inches
- In centimeters – 188 cm
- In meters – 1.88 m
- In kilograms – 92 kg
- In pounds – 203 lbs
For his single Latch appeared in the album Disclosure (October 2012) and La Lafrom Naughty Boy (May 2013). He is also known for his first studio album In the Lonely Hour (2014).
Sam Smith has not been featured in any film so far.
Start of the album
Sam Smith released his debut album In the Lonely Hour in May 2014 via Capitol Records, which won the award for best vocal pop album at 57th Annual Grammy Awards.
Sam Smith first appeared in an MSN Exclusive TV series in 2012 as an interpreter.
Sam Smith has not been featured in any brand or advertising yet.
Sam Smith Favorites
- Favorite song – Do it again by Robyn
- Favorite person – Alan Carr
- Favorite group of boys – Wind and fire
- Favorite show – Modern family
- Favorite color – Navy blue
- Favorite ice cream – Pistachio
- Favorite alcohol – French red wine
- Favorite late night snack – Cheese sandwich
Sam Smith net worth
Sam Smith estimated the net worth of $ 25 million dollars from 2019.
Social media profiles
Some lesser known facts about Sam Smith
- At the age of 8, he learned to sing under the direction of a jazz pianist, Joanna Eden, at Saffron Walden, in Essex, before joining a jazz band.
- He began singing early and joined the Cantate Youth Choir and Bishop's Stortford Junior Opera House, later known as the Bishop's Stortford Musical Theater Society.
- He is a godfather of Jimmy Napes' son, Jackson.
- He used to clean the toilets of a bar to make a living before becoming a singer.
- Sam is a trained jazz singer.
- Smith is good friends with model Daisy Lowe.
- It has a double-jointed index.
- He sang a duet with Mary J Blige.
- Adele and Amy Winehouse are his influences in singing. He is also influenced by Lady Gaga, Christina Aguilera, Beyonce, Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey.
- On July 24, 2013, the first Safe With Me song was aired for the first time on the BBC Radio 1Xtra broadcast directed by Mistajam.
- In February 2014, Sam Smith released his second album Money on My Mind, which dramatically strengthened his image as an emerging singer.
- On February 25, 2015, he won the British Breakthrough Award for the single Lay Me Down at the Brit Awards 2015 competition held at the O2 Arena in London, England.
- On September 8, 2015, Smith corroborated the fact that he had collaborated with Jimmy Napes to compose the theme song Writings On The Wall for James Bond's 24th feature, Specter, which was in first place in the UK charts.
- On February 28, 2016, Smith received the Best Original Song Award for Writings On The Wall at the Oscars.
- In 2017, he announced that his latest album, The Thrill of All, showed the gay guy I became.
- In September 2017, Smith said in an interview on the show The Ellen DeGeneres Show that he was in a relationship. Famous tabloids reported that Smith was dating the actor Brandon Flynn.
- In October 2017, Smith told the LGBT Attitude publication that I felt as much a woman as a man. The same month, in an interview with The Sunday Times, Smith appeared as a specialist of the genre, claiming that he had never considered himself a typical man or cisgender.
- In June 2018, it was announced that Smith and Flynn were separated after nine months of dating.
- You can visit his official website @ samsmithworld.com.