Robert Kelly is a singer, songwriter, record producer and former American semi-professional basketball player. He is known for helping to redefine R & B and hip-hop, earning him the nicknames King of R & B and King of Pop-Soul. In 1993, Kelly went solo with the album 12 Play. He is one of the best-selling musical artists of all time and has been criticized for redefining the musical genres of R & B and hip hop. Soon, he leaves the band and embarks on a very successful solo career. Despite all his successes, he remains a controversial figure because of his alleged involvement in sex crimes.
Robert Sylvester Kelly
R. Kelly, The Piper Foot, Kells
Singer, songwriter, record producer, semi-professional basketball player
R & B, Soul, Gospel, Hip Hop
Singing, Piano, Keyboard, Guitar
Jive, RCA Records
Anniversary / Date of birth
R. Kelly was born on January 08, 1967 in Chicago, Illinois, USA.
She is currently 52 years old.
Sign of the sun
R. Kelly went to Kenwood Academy High School in Chicago.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Joanne Kelly (Singer) (died in 1993)
- Brothers and sisters – Bruce Kelly (older brother), Carey Kelly (brother)
Girlfriend / spouse
R. Kelly dated –
- Aaliyah (1994-1995) – Kelly would have married Aaliyah, whom he directed in August 1994. The wedding ceremony was kept secret as she was only 15 years old at the time of the marriage. They had met about 3 years earlier through his uncle. His family obtained the cancellation of his marriage in February 1995.
- Tiffany Hawkins – Hawkins filed a $ 250,000 lawsuit against Kelly for having sex with her while she was only 15 years old. He also encouraged her to participate in group sex.
- Kim Dulaney – Kelly would have frequented the writer and journalist Kim Dulaney. Over the years, they have shared very close connections and she has written some children's books inspired by her accomplishments.
- DeLeon Richards – Kelly had an affair with singer DeLeon Richards, who was married to singer Gary Sheffield. This case was brought to light after someone tried to blackmail Sheffield with two homemade tapes featuring his wife's sexual acts on Kelly. In his statement, he revealed that his wife had a long-standing relationship with Kelly.
- Jara Everett – In her memoirs published in March 2013, Jara Everett revealed that she had an affair with the singer, who apparently told her to sleep with people she did not want if she wanted to succeed in the music industry .
- Andrea Kelly (1996-2009) – Andrea met Robert for the first time when she auditioned for the role of one of the dancers. However, at first she hesitated to go out with him and even refused to say that she did not want to become his girlfriend because he had 15 more. He woke up and married with her in 1996. Over the years, she gave birth to 3 children. Their marriage was on ropes in 2005 as she had filed for divorce. She resumed her order but filed for divorce a year later. They tried to make it work but by looking at The Notebook, he realized that their marriage was dead and soon filed for divorce.
- K. Michelle (2013) – Kelly had an affair with hip-hop singer and star, K. Michelle, after meeting behind the scenes at one of her shows during the Single Ladies tour in August 2013. Apparently, she came back behind the scenes after the show. listened to music and get drunk. According to him, they had a lot of fun after being very drunk.
- In feet – 6 feet 1 inches
- In centimeters – 185 cm
- In meters – 1.85m
- In kilograms – 92 kg
- In pounds – 203 lbs
- Measurements – 44-14-35
- Chest – 44 inches or 112 cm
- Arms / biceps – 14 inches or 35.5 centimeters
- Cut – 35 "or 89 cm
His hit songs such as Bump N'Gran, Callin, Your body, I believe I can fly, Gotham City, Ignition and If I could turn the hands of time.
In 2005, R. Kelly appeared for the first time in the documentary film about Jay-Z Fade to Black as himself.
Start of the album
In 1992, Kelly released his first album, Born into the 90's, with the band Public Announcement in reserve. The album produced several hit songs and was finally certified platinum.
In 1990, R. Kelly made his first appearance on a TV show on Big Break as a contestant where he finished first.
R. Kelly endorsed commercials for Beat Studios, Sounds and the Rhythm of Reebok Sports (2002), Tom Joyner Foundation's Fantastic Journey (2015), Toyota SWAC Football Championship (2015), and Asparagus Growers.
R. Kelly Favorites
His favorite things are not known.
R. Kelly net worth
R Kelly's net worth is estimated at around $ 1 million dollars from 2019 and after many lawsuits, complications, allegations and even the Kelly Surviving R series, its net worth has dropped significantly.
Social media profiles
Some less well-known facts about R. Kelly
- He had a very difficult childhood. He was often sexually assaulted by a woman and was shot in the shoulder while returning home by bike at the age of 11.
- He began singing in the church choir at the age of eight.
- Her name is included in the Guinness world record book when her song, You Are Not Alone, became the first song to make her debut at the No. 1 singles ranking in the United States.
- In July 1996, he participated in a fight at the Louisiana Health Club. Subsequently, he was found guilty of assault and was placed on probation for one year without supervision.
- In 1998, he published "R", the album that will become so far the most successful of his career. He has also received very positive reviews and won numerous awards and nominations.
- He is the fifth black artist on the list of the 50 best selling musical artists in the United States by the Recording Industry Association of America.
- In 2003, he organized a fundraising concert whose proceeds were donated to the Texas Military Family Foundation. Finally, he donated $ 50,000 to the foundation.
- In 2005, he released the album TP.3 Reloaded, which became his fourth No. 1 hit on the Billboard 200 chart. There were songs like In the Kitchen, Reggae Bump Bump, Happy Summertime and Slow Wind.
- In 2010, he scored one victory sign for the World Cup and donated all the proceeds of the song to various African charities.
- In March 2011, Billboard declared it the most successful R & B Artist of the last 25 years.
- He returned to sexually charged themes with his 2013 album, Black Panties. The album debuted at number 4 of the Billboard 200 and received mixed reviews from critics.
- Visit his official website @ r-kelly.com.