Paul Shaffer He is a Canadian singer, composer, actor, author, comedian and multi-instrumentalist with multiple talents who has served as musical director for the nightly talk shows of David Letterman, "Late Night with David Letterman" and "Late Show with David Letterman". Shaffer, who has been in the music industry for more than five decades, has provided a great contribution and has also produced The Weather Girls' hit song "It's Raining Men."
Why is Paul Shaffer famous?
- Famous as musical director of "Late Night with David Letterman" and "Late Show with David Letterman".
Source: @ vozman.com
Where and when was Paul Shaffer born?
Paul Shaffer was born on November 28, 1949 in Fort William, Ontario, Canada. His birth name is Paul Allen Wood Shaffer. His nationality is Canadian. Shaffer belongs to the white ethnic group, while Sagittarius is his zodiac sign.
Shaffer is the son of Bernard Shaffer (father) and Shirley Shaffer (mother). His father, Bernard, is a lawyer. Shaffer was raised in his hometown, Fort William, in a Jewish family. Paul was always interested in music, since he even took piano lessons and during his teens, he also played the organ in a band called "Fabulous Fugitives".
Shaffer previously wanted to graduate with a law degree and then completed his studies with a B.A. Degree in sociology and philosophy in 1971 from the University of Toronto. He also has 2 honorary doctorates from Five Towns College and Lakehead University. Shortly after, Shaffer began his career in music.
Source: @ people.com
Highlights of Paul Shaffer's career
- Shaffer began his professional musical career as musical director of "Godspell", composed by Stephen Schwartz in 1972.
- In 1974, Shaffer performed on the Schwartz Broadway show, "The Magic Show."
- In 1975, Shaffer became a member of the house band on NBC's Saturday Night Live (SNL) along with comedian Chevy Chase for 5 years.
- In 1979, he co-wrote and produced the hit song of The Weather Girls "It & # 39; s Raining Men".
- In 1982, he joined David Letterman's nightly talk show as music director, "Late Night with David Letterman."
- Later, in 1983, he joined as leader of the CBS Orchestra for the "Late Show with David Letterman", which apparently gained him more popularity.
- In 1984, Shaffer played keyboards for "The Honeydrippers."
- Shaffer has also served as music director and producer for the induction ceremony of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the 1996 Olympic Games ceremony.
- Shaffer also released two solo albums, "Coast to Coast" (1989) and "The World & # 39; s Most Dangerous Party" (1993).
- In 2017, Shaffer met his band and released the eponymous album "Paul Shaffer and the most dangerous band in the world."
- Shaffer has appeared in several films over the years, including "This Is Spinal Tap, Blues Brothers 2000", "Scrooged", "Look Who's Talking Too".
- Shaffer made many television appearances, "How I Met Your Mother" (2013), "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" (2008) and a voice actor in the animated series "Hercules" (1997).
- He also worked on musical comedies such as "This Is Spinal Tap" (1984), "Blues Brothers 2000" (1998) and "A Very Murray Christmas" (2015).
- Shaffer was also the music director of the 2015 Netflix series, "A Very Murray Christmas."
- Shaffer also presents "Paul Shaffer Plus One," a monthly talk show on SiriusXM and AXS TV in 2019.
- On December 12, 2012, Shaffer performed in "The Concert for Sandy Relief" along with Paul McCartney with Kanye West and Alicia Keys.
- Shaffer also competed in the second season of the television series, "The Masked Singer" as The Skeleton.
Source: @ celebrity.com
Who is Paul Shaffer married to?
Paul Shaffer is married to his longtime girlfriend, Catherine Vasapoli. The couple married on August 19, 1990 and have lived together for 19 years. Shaffer shares 2 children with Vasapoli, a son named William Wood Lee Shaffer (born January 1999) and his daughter Victoria Lily (born April 8, 1993).
Currently, Paul Shaffer resides in Bedford, New York along with his wife and children.
How much does Paul Shaffer earn?
Paul Shaffer has had a great gain throughout his professional career primarily as a musical director. Shaffer has managed to accumulate a large fortune of the amount in millions of dollars through his various music albums, tours and shows. Shaffer used to earn $ 5 million in David Letterman's program salary, which is actually his highest salary.
Shaffer enjoys his fortune, which is estimated at around $ 30 million. In addition, Shaffer had even sold a condominium unit in South Beach, Miami, worth $ 6.4 million. He had also bought the 2,500 square feet in 2007 for $ 3.75 million.
With all the fortune in millions of dollars in millions of dollars, Shaffer is living a luxurious and luxurious lifestyle.
How tall is Paul Shaffer?
The 69-year-old singer, Paul Shaffer, has a well-maintained medium body physique. Shaffer stands with a height of 5 feet. 5 inches (1.65 m) while your body weighs about 63 kg (138 pounds). Shaffer has a clear complexion with bald hair and dark brown eyes.