Ekta Kapoor is an Indian television producer, producer and director. Ekta Kapoor began her career at the age of 15, as a boarding student at commercial director Kailash Surendranath. After obtaining funding from her father, she decided to become a producer. She ventured into Bollywood film production in 2001 starting with Kyo Kii … Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta, Kucch To Hai and Krishna Cottage on supernatural themes followed in 2003 and 2004. Kapoor also created and produced more than 130 Indian soap operas under his banner Balaji Telefilms Limited.
Ekta Ravi Kapoor
Czarina Content, Czarina of Television, The Queen of Indian Television
Producer, director, screenwriter, singer
Anniversary / Date of birth
Ekta Kapoor was born on June 7, 1975 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
She is currently 44 years old.
Sign of the sun
Ekta attended Bombay Scottish School (BSS), Mahim, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. She later enrolled in Mithibai College in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
- Dad – Ravi “Jeetendra” Kapoor (Actor)
- Mother – Shobha Kapoor (Television and Film Producer, Actress)
- Brothers and sisters – Tusshar Kapoor (younger brother) (Actor, Producer)
- Relatives – Prasan Kapoor (uncle) (producer), Ramesh Sippy (Mumbai distributor), Nitin Kapoor (uncle) (producer), Jaya Sudha (aunt), Nim Sood (aunt) (costume designer, scriptwriter), VK Sobti (uncle) ( director), Laxmi Sobti (aunt) (producer), Abhishek Kapoor (Cousin) (actor, director)
Boyfriend / spouse
Ekta Kapoor dated –
- Karan Johar (2007) – Ekta was reportedly linked to director Karan Johar in 2007 after stating that he would marry Ekta Kapoor if they remained single in the future.
- Rizwan Bachav (2017) – She was seen hanging out with Rizwan, a business banker and marathon runner in mid-2017. Some media reported that he was already his boyfriend, but none of them specified what their link was.
Note – She became a single mother of a boy through a surrogacy in January 2019 Mona Singh, a close friend, becomes the guardian of Ekta’s son.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In kilograms – 57 kg
- In pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 33-25-34
- Chest – 33 inches
- Cut – 25 inches
- hip – 34 inches
- Bra size – 34B
She is wearing a shoe size 7 (US).
The size of the dress
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Kapoor has created and produced more than 130 Indian soap operas under its Balaji Telefilms Limited banner. Kapoor has also launched 40 Web TV series online via its ALTBalaji digital app.
In 1992, Ekta Kapoor made her first feature film as Capt. Anju Sinha Hood in action, adventure and thriller movies. Tahalka.
In January 2005, she made her first appearance on a TV show entitled “Herself” in an episode of the humorous series Koffee with Karan.
Web Show Debut
In June 2017, Ekta Kapoor made her first appearance on a TV show as “herself” in an episode of talk show series Ekta Kapoor. IMDb on the stage – Interviews.
In 2019, she sang a song called Vande Mataram alongside Sonu Nigam, a singer and playwright, who appeared on the soundtrack of the action film, thriller, Romeo Akbar Walter.
Ekta Kapoor has endorsed brands such as EK Label & Lake Riviera Residences (2018).
Ekta Kapoor Favorites
- Favorite actor – Hrithik Roshan, Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan
- Favorite actresses – Priyanka Chopra, Kareena Kapoor and Sakshi Tanwar
- Favorite books – The last song of the twilight of Siddharth Dhanvant Shanghvi, the Alchemist of Paulo Coelho
- Favorite color – White
- Favorite politician – Narendra Modi
- Favorite food – Chocolate
Net value of Ekta Kapoor
Ekta Kapoor has an estimated net worth to $ 15 million dollars from 2019.
Social media profiles
Some lesser known facts about Ekta Kapoor
- Ekta began her career as a producer at the age of 15. She claimed to have made a soap opera at the age of 19 at the request of her father.
- In 2001, Asia Week magazine named her as one of Asia’s most powerful communicators.
- She launched stars like Vidya Balan, Rajput Sushant Singh, Prachi Desai, Raj Kapoor, Rajeev Khandelwal and Ronit Roy.
- She loves animals and, although she has a dog called Lafro, she has a habit of adopting stray dogs and has many.
- In 2012, Ekta was on the list of 25 most influential women in the Indian business world.
- In 2012, Ekta Kapoor launched the Institute of Creative Excellence, a media training school through its Balaji Telefilms production company.
- From 2010 to 2014, she released several movies including Love S * x Aur Dhokha, Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai and Shor in the City.
- Kapoor has launched 40 online television series online via its ALTBalaji digital application. She also launched her fashion series with EK Label. Recently she was named Content Czarina.
- Ekta has also launched its fashion brand, EK, available at Snapdeal.
- In 2019, Ekta was named the most powerful woman in Indian affairs by Business Today and the most influential woman of BW in India by Businessworld.