Joseph Michael “Dusty” Hill was an American musician, singer, and songwriter who was known professionally as Dusty hill. He was known as the bass player and secondary lead singer of the American rock group ZZ Top, where he played keyboards with the band. In 2004 he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of ZZ Top, where he also played Fender Custom Shop bass. Hill preferred to play Fender Custom bass guitars with an inverted Telecaster headstock – so the tuning keys were “upside down”. He also made cameos in the films “Back to the Future Part III”, “Mother Goose Rock ‘n’ Rhyme” and the HBO television series “Deadwood”. Unfortunately, we lost him on July 28th, 2021.
Brief facts about Dusty Hill
|Celebrated name||Dusty hill|
|Age||72 years, 8 months and 6 days|
|Birth Name||Dusty hill|
|place of birth||Dallas, Texas, USA|
|Country of birth||America|
|Secondary school||Woodrow Wilson High School|
|Source of wealth||Singing career|
|Net worth||$ 6 million|
|hair colour||Dark brown|
|Eye color||Dark brown|
Dusty Hill leaves the world at 72. forever
Dusty Hill, the bearded bassist for the American blues rock band ZZ Top, died on July 28, 2021 at the age of 72. He died in his sleep at his home in Houston, Texas. His death was announced by his ZZ top bandmates Billy Gibbons and Frank Beard.
“We are saddened to hear today’s news that our Compadre Dusty Hill died in his sleep at home in Houston, TX,” said a statement from surviving members Frank Beard and Billy Gibbons. “We, along with legions of ZZ top fans around the world, will miss your steadfast presence, your good-naturedness and your continued commitment to offer the ‘Top’ this monumental floor.”
- As an American musician, singer and songwriter.
- As the bass player and secondary lead singer of the American rock group ZZ Top.
Where was Dusty Hill born?
Dusty Hill first stepped into the world on May 19, 1949 in Dallas, Texas, USA. He was born with the real name Joseph Michael Hill into the Christian religious family. He was American by nationality and American white by ethnicity. Dusty last celebrated his 72nd birthday in May 2021 and according to his date of birth, his zodiac sign was Taurus. So his race was white. He was the son of Ernest Hill (father) and Myrl Hill (mother). He also had a brother named Rocky Hill who is also a musician.
As for Dusty’s education, he attended Woodrow Wilson High School (Dallas), where he played the cello.
What was Dusty Hill’s career like?
- Dusty Hill began his singing career with his brother and future ZZ Top member Frank Beard in the local Dallas bands The Warlocks, The Cellar Dwellers and American Blues. The American Blues played from 1966 to 1968 on the Dallas-Fort Worth-Houston racetrack.
- He then became a member of a fake version of the British band The Zombies with Beard in 1969, while the band decided to leave the Dallas-Fort Worth area and move to Houston in 1968. At that time, Rocky left the band, and Dusty and Beard moved to Houston and joined guitarist / vocalist Billy Gibbons of Houston psychedelic rockers Moving Sidewalks at the recently formed ZZ Top shortly after they released their first single in 1969.
- Hill played bass and keyboards in the band and was a second lead singer and lead singer on “Tush,” the band’s first top 20 hit and one of their most popular songs.
- His screen appearances include singing “Back to the Future Part III”, “Mother Goose Rock ‘n’ Rhyme”, the episode of “WWE Raw” from July 20, 2009 and “Deadwood”. He also appeared as himself on King of the Hill’s 11th season, Hank Gets Dusted. He also appeared as himself on “The Drew Carey Show” and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2004 as a member of ZZ Top.
- Additionally, the band played their first gigs without Hill in 51 years in July 2021, stating in an announcement that he had been forced to see a doctor “to fix a hip problem.”
- Elwood Francis, the band’s longtime guitar technician who stepped in as bassist; shortly after Dusty’s death, Francis was announced as his official replacement in ZZ Top.
Who was Dusty Hill married to?
Dusty Hill was a married musician, singer, and songwriter. In 2002 he married his longtime girlfriend Charleen McCrory. He was also blessed with a daughter. There was a lot of love between the two and they seemed extremely happy in their home life. In terms of Hill’s sexual orientation, he was straight.
Source: @ the-sun.com
What was Dusty Hill’s net worth?
Dusty Hill was a versatile guy who had a net worth of around $ 6 million as of 2021. He also had a fine salary, also in the thousands of dollars a year. Hill’s main source of income was his singing career and he had made a lot of money from his profession.
How tall was Dusty Hill?
Dusty Hill was 1.73 m tall while his body weighs about 75 kg. He had an attractive long blond beard. He has dark brown hair and eyes. Dusty’s ethnic background was probably one of the reasons for his bold and extremely handsome personality. He was of average build.