Connor Richard Jones Roberts famous as Connor Roberts is a professional Welsh footballer who plays for the Swansea City championship team (current team) and the Welsh national team. His playing position is the same again. His shirt number for Swansea City is 23 and his shirt number for the Welsh national team is 14. His football career began when he entered the Swansea City Youth Academy at the age of 9. He then played for Yeovil Town (loan), Bristol Rovers (loan), Middlesbrough (loan) before returning to Swansea City. He was appointed to the Welsh Under-21 national team for the 2017 UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualifiers for the first time. At the UEFA Euro 2020 tournament on June 16, 2021, he again scored the second goal in a 2-0 win over Turkey, supported by Gareth Bale.
Turkey 0-2 Wales, UEFA Euro 2020: Aaron Ramsey and Connor Roberts score in victory over Turkey
Aaron Ramsey and Connor Roberts met when Wales took a big step towards the last 16 at Euro 2020 with a 2-0 win over Turkey in Baku on Wednesday. Wales, semi-finalists five years ago, moved to the top in Group A before Italy host Switzerland in Rome later that day. Captain Gareth Bale missed a penalty before preparing Roberts for the goal in stoppage time. “We gave each other a great opportunity tonight,” Ramsey told the BBC. “It (the penalty) was a big moment in the game, but we interfered with a man we left everything out there with. We built our success on that.” With that defeat, Turkey face a tough challenge to make the knockout round after losing their first two Group A games without a goal.
- As a Welsh professional footballer.
- As a right-back for Swansea City.
Source: @ instagram.com / crjroberts
What nationality is Connor Roberts?
Born with the real name Connor Richard Jones Roberts, his date of birth is September 23, 1995. His place of birth is Neath, Wales. By nationality, he is Welsh and belongs to the Welsh-White ethnic group. He is currently 25 years old (as of 2020). Details about his parents and siblings are currently not available. His zodiac sign is Libra and his religion is Christian.
What was Connor Roberts’ football career like?
- Roberts’ football career began with the Swansea City youth team at the age of 9.
- With the team he won the title of Professional U21 Development League 2 in his first professional season 2014-2015 and was rewarded with a new two-year contract.
- In addition, he signed a new three-year contract with Swansea City in September 2016.
- After returning from the Bristol Rovers, he joined the Swansea City U23 national team and also won the 2016-17 Professional U23 Development League 2 title and the 2016-17 Premier League Cup.
- On August 8, 2015, he moved to Football League Two club Yeovil Town on a month-long loan deal and made his debut later that day in a 3-2 loss to Exeter City.
- The Glovers later extended his loan deal until the end of the 2015/2016 season.
- He also made 54 appearances for Yeovil and received three Player of the Year awards.
- He was also voted Young Player of the Year.
- In August 2016, he moved to Football League One club Bristol Rovers on a six-month loan deal.
- He made his debut on October 1, 2016 in a 3-2 win over Northampton Town.
- He also made another four appearances for the Pirates before returning to Swansea.
- Surprisingly, it was announced on July 14, 2017 that he would move to championship club Middlesbrough for a season under a loan deal. He later returned to Swansea City.
- He made his debut for Swansea City on January 6, 2018 in the 3rd round of the FA Cup against Wolverhampton Wanderers and scored his first goal for the club in a 3-0 win on September 29, 2018.
What was Connor Roberts’ international career like?
- As a representative of his nation, Roberts was approved for Wales under the age of 19.
- In March 2016, he was appointed to the Welsh Under-21 national team for the qualifying matches for the 2017 UEFA European Under-21 Championship.
- In the 1: 2 loss to Romania on March 29, 2016, he made his debut as a substitute in the second half.
- Then, on March 15, 2018, he was called up to the Welsh senior team for the first time and made his senior team debut in the China Cup final against the Uruguayan national soccer team in March 2018.
- He was selected to the Wales squad for the delayed UEFA Euro 2020 tournament in May 2021, where he scored the second goal in a 2-0 win over Turkey at Euro 2020, again from Gareth on June 16, 2021 Bale was supported.
- 2015-present – Swansea City
- 2015-2016 – Yeovil Town (loan)
- 2016 – Bristol Rovers (loan)
- 2017-2018 – Middlesbrough (loan)
Who is Connor Roberts engaged to?
Connor Roberts is not yet married and engaged to his beautiful long-time girlfriend Georgina Van Hoof in July 2020. The couple plan to become husband and wife soon. They are happily enjoying their present life. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Source: @ instagram.com / crjroberts
What is the net worth of Connor Roberts?
The net worth of professional footballer Connor Roberts is estimated at $ 1 million to $ 5 million through 2021. As of May 2021, its current market value is £ 4.05 million, while its highest market value on March 10, 2021 is £ 4.05 million. He currently earns an annual salary of around $ 880,000 from Club Swansea City. He currently has a three-year contract that expires on June 30, 2022. His weekly wage is 14,000 euros. To this day he lives a luxurious lifestyle.
How tall is Connor Roberts?
Connor Roberts is a very charming man with a great personality. He stands at the perfect height of 1.73 m tall. His physique is athletic. His weight is 71 KG. He does exercise regularly to keep himself fit and fit. Overall, he has a healthy body. His other height is still not available today.