Carlos Marin was a Spanish baritone who is best known as a member of the classic crossover vocal group “Il Divo” (Carlos Marin, Urs Bühler, David Miller, and Sébastien Izambard). The group Il Divo was founded in 2004 and released their self-titled debut studio album in 2004, which peaked at number 1 in the US, Canada, Australia, and the Netherlands. At the age of eight he released his first album entitled “The Little Caruso”. With ‘Il Divo’ he released a greatest hits album in 2012. Carlos has also appeared in several musicals including Les Misérables, The Beauty And The Beast, Grease, and Peter Pan. His genre was classic crossover; Opera; romantic. Unfortunately, he dies on December 19th, 2021.
Brief facts about Carlos Marin
|Celebrated name||Carlos Marin|
|Current Age||53 years, 3 months and 12 days|
|Birth Name||Carlos Marin Menchero|
|Country of birth||Germany|
|place of birth||Mörfelden-Walldorf near Rüsselsheim|
|father||Carlos Marin sr.|
|wife||Geraldine Larrosa (ex-wife)|
|Married date||June 2006|
|Net worth||$ 20 million|
|Source of wealth||Music industry|
|Cause of death||COVID-19 complication|
|date of death||December 19, 2021|
Il Divo singer Carlos Marin has died at the age of 53
Il Divo singer Carlos Marin died on Sunday (December 19th, 2021) in Manchester at the age of 53. The cause of death has not been confirmed, but a recent hospitalization followed. The surviving members of the quartet confirmed the news on social media. “With a heavy heart we inform you that our friend and partner Carlos Marin has passed away”, write David Miller, Sébastien Izambard and Urs Bühler together in an Instagram post. “He is missed by his friends, family and fans,” the post said. “There will never be another voice or another spirit like Carlos. The four of us have been together on this incredible journey from Il Divo for 17 years and we will miss our dear friend. We hope and pray that his beautiful soul rests in peace. ” The Spaniard El Pais reported on Thursday that Marin had been put into a medically-related coma. Citing a source on Il Divo’s label Universal, the outlet said the singer was unwell for a week while touring England before he was hospitalized. The band confirmed the hospitalization via Twitter.
Source: @ news.sky.com
What was Carlos Marin famous for?
- As a popular Spanish opera singer and lead singer of Il Divo.
- For his debut album “The Little Caruso”.
Carlos Marin cause of death
Carlos Marin died on December 19, 2021 in Manchester, England. He dies at the age of 53. He died in the hospital after his life support machine was shut down after a Covid battle. On December 19, 2021, his bandmates Urs Bühler, David Miller and Sébastien Izambard confirmed the sad news today on Twitter and paid tribute to his fellow singer. “It is with great regret that we announce that our friend and partner Carlos Marin has passed away,” they wrote along with a photo of him. “His friends, family and fans of his will miss him.” “There will never be another voice or another ghost like Carlos.” “The four of us have been together on this incredible Il Divo trip for 17 years and we will miss our dear friend,” concluded the Post. He was reportedly hospitalized on December 16, 2021. It was being held in the intensive care unit of the hospital in Manchester, England, causing the group to postpone their Christmas tour of the UK.
Where did Carlos Marin come from? Details about his parents, siblings and his nationality
Carlos Marin was born on October 13, 1968 in Mörfelden-Walldorf near Rüsselsheim. While he was spending his early childhood in his hometown; Madrid, Spain. Thus he had German-Spanish citizenship and his ethnicity was German-white. His race was white. He had also lived in the Netherlands for a short time and was known as “Carlos the little Caruso”. His full name was Carlos Marin Menchero. Libra was his zodiac sign and he was a Christianity by religion. He last celebrated his 53rd birthday in 2021. Through his parents he was passed on to him by his father Carlos Marin sen. and his mother Magdalena Menchero. He also had a sister, a sister, namely Rosemary Eberhart. There is no further information about his educational qualification.
Carlos Marin career timeline
- Carlos Marin began his music career with the recording of his very first album “The Little Caruso” at the age of 8, which was produced by Pierre Kartner and which included songs such as “O Sole Mio” and “Granada”.
- He next recorded his second album “Mijn Lieve Mama (My Dear Mother)” at the age of ten. This led him to study piano and solfeggio.
- At the age of 12 he moved to Spain. When he was 15 and in his 20s, he participated in television competitions such as “Gente Joven” (Young People) and “Nueva Gente” (New People) on TVE (Spanish Television) and won several awards.
Source: @ instagram.com / carlosmarinildivo
- In addition, he also began singing on live television shows that were accompanied by an orchestra.
- He then made a name for himself in the music industry and took part in several music competitions; the “Jacinto Guerrero”, “Francisco Alonso” and “Julián Gayarre” in 1996, where he won second place among the male actors.
- From 1963 he appeared in several musicals as Marian in “Les Misérables” and then in “Beauty and the Beast” (where he suffered an accident with a broken ankle), “Grease” (where he played the role of Vince Fontaine), “El Diluvio Que Viene” (the Spanish-language version of the Italian musical “Aggiungi un posto a tavola”) and cover for José Sacristán in “Man From La Mancha”.
- He even worked on the production of “La Magia De Broadway” (Broadway Magic) and “Peter Pan” (in theater and CD).
- He then sang in Henry Selick’s animated film “The Nightmare Before Christmas”.
- He was also the singing voice of the Prince in Disney’s Spanish version of “Cinderella,” which was produced in 2000.
- He was then celebrated as Primo Baritono in several operas, including La Traviata, The Barber of Seville, La Bohème, Lucia Di Lammermoor and Madame Butterfly.
- He also took part in the Zarzuela (Spanish operetta) and the Zarzuelas in the Jardines De Sabatini (Sabatini Gardens) in Madrid, a popular summer music venue in the gardens of the Royal Palace of Madrid.
- His appearances in the Spanish operetta include La Gran Via (The Great Way), La Revoltosa (The Rebel), in which he played Felipe, and La Verbena De La Paloma (The Market of the Virgin of La Paloma), in which he starred Julian.
- In December 2003 he became a member of the international music quartet “Il Divo” together with Urs Bühler (Switzerland), Sébastien Izambard (France) and David Miller (USA).
- The group released their debut album “II Divo”, which hit the charts when it was released in November 2004 as a worldwide multiplatin album.
- On November 7th, 2005 her second album “Ancora” was released and on November 21st, 2006 her third album “Siempre” was released.
- The fourth album of the group “The Promise” was released on November 10, 2008. On December 1st, 2009 Il Divo released their next album “An Evening with Il Divo” (Live in Barcelona) with their single “Unbreak my Heart”.
- Il Divo was later selected to sing Sortilegio de Amor, the soundtrack for the Televisa Mexican soap opera “Sortilegio,” written by Brazilian songwriter Denisse de Kalaffe.
- The group also received the Classical Brit Award, Artist of the Decade in 2011. You were named Musical Ambassador in Japan and asked in June 2011 to sing “Time to Say Goodbye” for the Japanese film Andalucia.
- Carlos Marin later started his own solo show, giving four concerts at the Compac Gran Via Theater in June 2011, and continued these solo concerts in Campeche (Mexico) 2014, Ciudad del Carmen (Mexico) 2015, Madrid (Spain) 2015. Mexico DF – Teatro Metropolitan 2016, which started its first world tour with USA, Spain, Mexico; South America and Japan.
- He next released his first personal DVD / CD Worldwide in September 2016.
- In 2018 Il Divo released their next album “Timeless”.
Source: @ instagram.com / carlosmarinildivo
Carlos Marin wife: who was he married to?
Carlos Marin was a married man. He tied a knot for his beautiful wife, Geraldine Larrosa. Their wedding took place in June 2006 at Disneyland in California, USA. They were together for 13 years. After less than three years of marriage, they divorced in early 2009. After that, he had a relationship with Kim Sharma in 2009. After that he was no longer seen in affairs and relationships with other women. At the time of his death, he was considered single. In terms of sexuality, he was straight and not gay.
What was Carlos Marin’s net worth in 2021?
Carlos Marin was a talented singer who had released several songs and albums. Carlos Marin’s net worth was estimated at $ 20 million through 2021. His main source of wealth was the music industry. He hadn’t disclosed to the media about his annual salary, professional income, or asset details. He lived a lavish lifestyle before his death.
How tall was Carlos Marin?
Carlos Marin was a handsome singer who was the perfect size to fit his body weight. His charming smile, his attractive personality and his great voice had helped him win many followers. He was slim. His other body measurements were not yet known.