Brief facts about Andrew WK
|Celebrated name||Andrew WK|
|Birth Name||Andrew Fetterly Wilkes-Krier|
|date of birth||1979-05-09|
|place of birth||Stanford, California, USA|
|Country of birth||America|
|father||James E. Krier|
|brothers and sisters||1|
|height||6 ft 2 in or 188 cm|
|weight||83 kg or 183 lbs|
|hair colour||Dark brown|
|Eye color||Dark brown|
|Secondary school||Community high school|
Andrew Fetterly Wilkes-Krier is an American rock singer, multi-instrumentalist, record producer, and actor who works professionally as a. is known Andrew WK He began his musical career in the mid-1990s performing in a number of local bands before eventually moving to New York, where he made his first recordings under the nickname Andrew WK. In 2001 he released the single “Party Hard” and the hit album “We Want Fun”. He recorded his first song at the age of 14, while his first band was called Slam. He was also the host of the cartoon network show “Destroy Build Destroy”. In addition, Andrew WK announced in January 2021 that the new single “My Tower” would be released on January 15th on 7-inch vinyl and for digital streaming.
- As an American rock singer, multi-instrumentalist, record producer and actor.
- For the hit album “We Want Fun”.
What is Andrew WK real name?
Andrew WK first entered the world on May 9, 1979 in Stanford, California, USA. He was born into the Christian religious family with the real name Andrew Fetterly Wilkes-Krier. He is American by nationality and American-white by ethnicity. Andrew celebrated his 42nd birthday in 2021 and his zodiac sign is Taurus. His father is Professor James E. Krier, a law scholar at the University of Michigan Law School and co-author of the widely used Dukeminier & Krier Property Casebook. His mother is Wendy Wilkes. His younger brother Patrick was a professional golfer and is now a golf coach in Michigan.
As for Andrew’s education, he began studying piano at the University of Michigan School of Music at the age of 4. He later attended Greenhills School for middle school before attending Alternative Community High School from 1993 to 1997, where he continued to study piano and keyboard.
How did Andrew WK start his career?
- Andrew WK began his music career in the mid-1990s performing in a number of local bands before eventually moving to New York, where he produced his first recordings under the nickname Andrew WK, after which he joined Slam, later called Reverse Polarity in 1993 at the age of 14.
- A WK recorded song entitled “Mr. Surprise” was included in “Plant the Flower Seeds” in 1996, and he moved from Michigan to New York City in 1998, where he worked as a gumball machine salesman, opera ticket salesman, fashion retailer, photographer, among other short lived Jobs.
- Then he finished the AAB project and began recording new solo material under his full “Andrew Wilkes-Krier” name; That year a cassette-only single entitled “Room to Breathe” was released on Hanson Records.
- He also recorded the soundtrack for an independent film called “Poltergeist” directed by himself and Aaron Dilloway, a track of which appeared on the Hanson Records compilation “Labyrinths & Jokes”.
- In March 2000 he released his first EP “Girls Own Juice”, also abbreviated as “AWKGOJ”, on Bulb Records, which was his first solo release under the name Andrew WK. should be
- “Girls Own Juice” was followed by another Bulb Records EP entitled “Party Til You Puke” in October 2000 and after the release of “Party Til You Puke” Andrew left Bulb Records amicably to sign with Island Records.
- On November 13, 2001 his major label debut studio album “I Get Wet” and his second studio album “The Wolf” were released in late 2003.
- WK debuted in March 2006 with a new song entitled “I’m a Vagabond” and released his fourth studio album “The Japan Covers” on November 26, 2008. His fifth studio album “55 Cadillac” served as the label’s second release.
- WK released a Japanese-only album entitled “Gundam Rock” on September 9 and a new EP entitled “The” Party All Goddamn Night “EP” in March 2011.
- WK announced in September 2017 that a new studio album would be released on March 2nd, 2018 through Sony Music and in November it announced the title “You’re Not Alone”, while the album was released on March 2nd, 2018. In August 2018 he revealed to “Riff Magazine” that he had started recording his next album.
- Andrew later signed with Napalm Records in October 2020, announcing that he was working on a new album.
- In January 2021, he announced that a new single, “My Tower”, would be released on January 15th on 7-inch vinyl and digital streaming with the B-side “Party Prostitute”.
- He announced on May 6, 2021 that his sixth studio album “God Is Partying” will be released on September 10, 2021 and the video for Everybody Sins with an appearance by Kat Dennings on July 14, 2021.
- The album “God Is Partying” was released in September 2021 together with the single “Stay True To Your Heart”.
- Andrew WK announced in June 2012 that he would perform at the fan convention “My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic” in Canterlot Gardens.
- In July 2016, he announced The Power of Partying Tour, his first nationwide speaking tour across the country with stops in all 50 US states.
- He was also named Person of the Year by the American Association of Suicidology in February 2018.
- Andrew also announced in September 2013 that his first book about partying, “The Party Bible”, would be published by Simon & Schuster.
- He also played a fictional version of himself, “Intern Andrew WK”, on a live show for Welcome to Night Vale called “The Librarian”.
- He can be seen on Nekrogoblikon’s album entitled “Heavy Metal” which was released on June 2, 2015.
- He has also appeared on the shows “I Love The 90’s,” “I Love The New Millennium,” “Black to the Future,” “I Love The Holidays,” “The Great Debate,” “Best Week Ever,” and The Osbourn “.
- He was also on a popular MTV show called “Crashing With Andrew WK” while he had a 2004 television show on MTV2 called “Your Friend, Andrew WK”.
- Andrew has also produced and mixed music for other artists and worked on special commercial music projects.
- WK announced a new radio show called “America WK” on TheBlaze Radio Network on April 28, 2015.
Andrew WK Girlfriend: Who Is He Married To?
Andrew WK was a married man but is currently in a relationship. He recently confirmed he’s dating actress Kat Dennings after the two met in Los Angeles in early 2021. A week later, on May 13, 2021, the couple announced their engagement on Instagram.
He had previously married Cherie Lily on October 4, 2008, at a traditional Persian wedding ceremony at Santos Party House, a Chinatown nightclub that WK had gone to. The couple first met through their joint heavy metal voice teacher, and Lily performed with WK’s band as a singer and hype woman from 2006 to 2018. WK has two children, but keeps them out of the public eye. However, he announced in a press release in May that he and his ex-wife Cherie had started a friendly divorce process in late 2019. Given his sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is the net worth of Andrew WK?
Andrew WK has $ 6 million net worth as of 2021. He’s also earning a fine salary, also in the thousands of dollars a year. He’s living an american dream. Andrew has access to all the luxury and comforts in the world. He hasn’t done any endorsement work yet. In addition, his main source of income is his rock singer, multi-instrumentalist, record producer and actor career.
Andrew WK has undeniably grown to a decent size professionally. He is 188 cm tall and has a balanced body weight of 83 kg. Andrew has dark brown hair and eyes. He has an athletic build.