Cassandra Monique Batie, better known by her stage name, Andra Dayis an American singer, songwriter and actress best known for her debut album “Cheers to the Fall”, which she released in 2015. Her debut album reached 48th place on the US Billboard Hot 200 list and also earned her something of a nomination for Best R&B Album.
Her debut single “Rise Up” also earned her a Daytime Emmy Award nomination. Andra also won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Motion Picture Drama for her role as Billie Holiday in the 2021 biography “The United States vs. Billie Holiday” and was nominated for an Oscar for Best Actress.
Her most recent work as an actress in the biography film “The United States vs. Billie Holiday” (2021) has earned her a lot of recognition and popularity. With her growing popularity she has managed to amass a healthy following on social media websites: with over 419,000 followers on Instagram: @andradaymusic and over 323,000 followers on Twitter: @AndraDayMusic.
What is Andra Day famous for?
- Famous as an American singer, songwriter and actor
- Known for his debut album “Cheers to the Fall” and his hit single “Rise Up”.
Source: [email protected]
Where does Andra Day come from?
Andra Day was born on December 30, 1984 in Edmonds, Washington DC, USA. Her maiden name is Cassandra Monique Batie. She is an American citizen. Her ethnicity is African American while Capricorn is her zodiac sign.
Andra was born into a middle-class family in Washington. Her family moved to Southern California when she was only three years old and she and her sister grew up in southeast San Diego, California. She grew up in a religious family where she regularly attended church. She began singing at a young age in the First United Methodist Church in Chula Vista, California. Also at the age of 5 she started to take her dance classes.
She attended the Valencia Park Elementary School. As a child, she was very interested in singing and dancing instead of playing with dolls. She also took part in the school’s music and theater team. At the age of 12 she heard the songs of jazz singers like Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald and Dinah Washington, which inspired her to continue her career as a singer.
Andra then joined the Paradise Hills School of Creative and Performing Arts, and later graduated in 2003. Shortly after high school, she worked on about 20 different jobs, including a mall.
Andra Day’s career highlights
- Andra Day started her career when she signed a development contract with Buskin Records in 2011.
- Her initial popularity rose when she began uploading her cover songs and mashups to YouTube, including Jessie J’s “Mamma Knows Best,” Eminem’s “Lose Yourself,” and Muse’s “Uprising.”
- She soon began performing on several shows; “Jimmy Kimmel Live!”, “Good Morning America”, Special Olympics 2015 and BET Awards 2015.
- She made her official debut with the release of her first studio album “Cheers to the Fall” on August 28, 2015. It was even nominated for the 58th Grammy Awards, which peaked at 48 on the Billboard 200 list.
- She began her national tour in August and September 2015. Her single “Rise Up” was so popular that she performed the song at the White House.
- In 2016, she signed an agreement with McDonald’s and Coca-Cola, which saw her image on around 50 million cups at McDonald’s.
- In December 2016 she even received the Powerhouse Award at the Billboard Women in Music Event.
- In 2017 she became part of the lead single for the film “Marshall” entitled “Stand Up for Something” with rapper Common, who was even nominated for the Academy Awards.
- On March 24, 2018, she performed with the Baltimore Children’s Choir for the opening musical performance at the March for Our Lives rally.
- Her debut film was “Marshall”, where she had a supporting role as a nightclub singer, followed by the speaking role of Sweet Tea on “Cars 3”.
- Her biggest breakthrough in the cinema world came when she starred Billie Holiday in the bio-pic movie “The United States vs. Billie Holiday” in 2021. For this she won a Golden Globe for Best Actress – Drama.
Andra Days Dating and Relationship
Andra Day is currently single and doesn’t see anyone at the moment. However, she was already in a relationship with boyfriend Don Bowie in 2015. Don is a professional Canadian high altitude climber who she featured on during her interview with Glabor in 2016. However, their relationship did not last long.
In May 2021, she revealed her porn and sex addiction in recent interviews, and also said that playing Billie Holiday helped her regain strength after battling this addiction.
Andra Day’s fortune
Andra Day has had pretty good income from her professional career as a singer and actress. After starting her career as a YouTube singer with popular songs, Andra has managed to become one of the most popular Grammy-nominated singers and also a wonderful actress in her ten year career.
Her source of income is certainly her music businesses, contracts, songs and films, including an estimated net worth of approximately $ 4 million.
Andra day height
Andra Day is a beautiful woman with a well-groomed physique in her thirties. She stands tall with a height of 5 feet. 1.73 m (8 inches) while her body weighs about 59 kg (130 lbs). She has her own bold personality that can be assured by her body features which measure 37-28-38 inches. She has a brown skin color with clearly curly brown hair and sparkling big dark brown eyes.