Quick facts about Wayne Bridge
|Celebrated name||Wayne Bridge|
|Birth Name||Wayne Michael Bridge|
|job||Former soccer player|
|Country of birth||England|
|place of birth||Southampton|
|Net worth||$ 9 million|
|Source of wealth||Football career|
|Married date||19th July 2014|
|children||3; Parker Bridge, Carter Bridge with Frankie Sandford and Jaydon Jean Claude Bridge with his ex-girlfriend Vanessa Perroncel|
|height||1.80 m or 5 feet 11 inches|
|hair colour||Dark brown|
Wayne Bridge is a former football player from England. His playing position was left-back. He is a graduate of Southampton Academy, where he made his debut in 1998. During his football career, he played for Chelsea, West Ham, Manchester City, Fulham and Sunderland throughout his Premier League career. He also played 36 games for England between 2002 and 2009 and was selected for two FIFA World Cup and UEFA European Championships in 2004. He signed a one-year contract with Reading in June 2013 and was sacked by Reading on July 6, 2014 after 12 games in his only season for the club, subsequently retiring from professional football.
What is Wayne Bridge famous for?
- As a former footballer, he played as a left-back.
- He previously played for Southampton, Chelsea, Manchester City, Reading, Fulham, West Ham United and more.
Source: @ 90min.com
Where is Wayne Bridge from?
Wayne Bridge was born on August 5, 1980, the maiden name of Wayne Michael Bridge. He is from Southampton, England. He is a British citizen and his ethnicity is British White. His race is white. He celebrated his 41st birthday in 2021. Leo is his zodiac sign and he follows the Christian religion. Through his parents, he was born to father Mick Bridge and mother Wendy Bridge. There are no details about his educational background.
Wayne Bridge career timeline
- Wayne Bridge was first discovered by Micky Adams, who recommended him to Southampton, who hired him as a trainee in July 1996.
- On August 13, 1997 he made his reserve team debut as a center forward against Portsmouth.
- In January 1998 he turned professional.
- He made his first-team debut on August 16, 1998 and against Charlton Athletic on August 22.
- He made 15 starts in the 1999-2000 season and scored his very first goal for the senior team on May 14, 2000 against Wimbledon.
- He was rewarded by being named Southampton Player of the Year for the 2000/2001 season.
- He was eventually tempted to join Chelsea for £ 7million in the 2003 postseason.
- In July 2003, after serving five years with the Saints, he joined Chelsea for a fee of £ 7million.
- His best moment was in the Champions League quarter-finals against Arsenal.
- He scored his first and decisive goal for the team in the 88th minute to send Chelsea to the semi-finals and end a winless run of 18 games against Arsenal.
- He next met against Besiktas and Portsmouth that same season.
- On February 20, 2005, he suffered an ankle injury during an FA Cup game against Newcastle United in his 2004-2005 season, due to which his season ended.
- He played only two games for Chelsea in his 2005/2006 season.
- He made his debut in a 2-1 loss to West Ham United at Upton Park.
- He played the first game of his 2006–07 season against Manchester City.
- He finished the 2006-2007 season with two trophy final medals after playing in both the League Cup final against Arsenal with a 2-1 win and in the FA Cup final against Manchester United with a 1-0 win.
- For Chelsea, he played his third cup final in a 2-1 defeat in the 2008 league cup final against Tottenham Hotspur.
- Against Burnley in the 2008-09 season, he wore the armband in the absence of John Terry and Frank Lampard.
- On January 2, 2009, it was confirmed by Mark Hughes that Manchester City had agreed with Chelsea an undisclosed fee for bridge, estimated at around £ 10million.
- Manchester City agreed on personal terms with him, who later passed his medical training, so the transfer could be completed and he signed a four-and-a-half year contract.
- He was later embroiled in a high-profile incident in which he refused to shake hands with Chelsea captain and former club and international teammate John Terry, who at the time was the subject of allegations that he was having an affair with Bridges’ ex- Girlfriend Vanessa had a perroncel.
- He then moved to the end of the season on January 12, 2011 on loan to West Ham United and made his debut at West Ham on January 15, 2011 in a 3-0 defeat by Arsenal.
- He made 18 appearances for West Ham.
- On January 31, 2012, it was announced that Bridge had come to Sunderland on loan until the end of the 2011-2012 season.
- For Sunderland he made his debut game against Norwich City and won 3-0.
- On July 6, 2012 it was confirmed that Bridge would borrow Brighton & Hove Albion for one season.
- For the team he made his debut game against Swindon Town in the League Cup on August 14, 2012.
- He scored his first goal for Brighton on August 25, 2012 against Barnsley.
- He made 37 league appearances for Brighton, scoring three goals.
- In addition, he played in both semi-finals against Crystal Palace and lost by a score of 2-0.
- He then signed a one-year contract with Reading in June 2013.
- He was then sacked on May 6, 2014 after 12 games in his only season for the Reading club.
- Bridge then decided to retire from a professional football career.
Wayne Bridge International Career
- Wayne Bridge’s international career began with regular appearances for the England U21 national team.
- He received his first international match against the Netherlands on February 13, 2002 from Sven-Göran Eriksson.
- He then appeared twice as a substitute at the 2002 World Cup, but was not seen at Euro 2004.
- He next competed for England at the 2006 World Cup and played a friendly against Argentina, where he won his 21st international.
- He then played on June 6, 2007 in the qualifier for Euro 2008 against Estonia.
- On November 14, 2009, he played his last game for England against Brazil.
- On February 25, 2010, he announced his final retirement from international service.
Awards and Achievements
- Premier League: 2004-05
- FA Cup: 2006-07
- Football League Cup: 2006-07
- PFA Team of the Year: 2001–02 Premier League, 2012–13 Championship
What is the Wayne Bridge net worth?
Wayne Bridge is a talented and successful retired footballer with an estimated net worth of $ 9 million as of 2021. While her full salary details and annual earnings are still to be announced. But there is no doubt on the minds of his followers that he is making a cool amount of money doing his job. His main source of his wealth is his football career. He’s been living a cool lifestyle since today.
Who is Wayne Bridge’s wife?
Wayne Bridge is a married man. He tied a knot for his lovely wife, Frankie Sandford. On April 8, 2013, The Saturday singer Frankie Sandford announced on Twitter that she was engaged to Bridge. She gave birth to their son Parker Bridge on October 18, 2013. The couple married in a private ceremony on July 19, 2014. On August 15, 2015, their second child, Carter Bridge, was born. The duo is enjoying their current life happily and undisturbed. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Source: @ instagram.com / waynebridge03
Before that, he was in a relationship with Vanessa Perroncel from 2005 to 2009. The duo were blessed with a son named Jaydon Jean Claude Bridge (born November 21, 2006). In January 2010, a Supreme Court judge issued an injunction preventing the media from reporting that Bridge’s former teammate John Terry allegedly had an affair with Perroncel shortly after they split from Bridge. On March 25, Perroncel had enforced a claim against Bridge for child support for her son, with the High Court awarding her a payment of £ 6,000 a month until Jaydon’s 18th birthday. The News of the World printed an apology for the story on October 3, 2010 to Perroncel for intruding on her personal life and advising that she had refuted claims made against herself and Terry.
How high is the Wayne Bridge?
Wayne Bridge is a handsome man. He is six feet tall. His physique is athletic. He has a balanced body weight of 80 kg. Overall, he has a healthy body with a charming personality. His shoe size is 9 UK. He has a pair of blue eyes and his hair color is dark brown. His other height information has yet to be released.