Vijaya Chamundeswari is an Indian fitness expert and daughter of veteran South Indian actors Gemini Ganesan and Savitri. She is the sister of the famous Bollywood actress, Rekha.
Wiki / Biography & Career
Vijaya Chamundeswari was born on December 2, 1959 (the age of 60; as in 2019) in Madras (then Chennai). His zodiac sign is Saggitarius.
She visited Andhra Mahila Sabha, Kodaikanal Presentation Convent School, and Chennai Vidhyodaya High School. She went to Ethiraj College of Women to pursue her studies in English Literature. She is an expert in fitness at GG Hospitals.
Height (approximately): 5 "5"
Eye colour: Black
Hair color: Black
Family, caste and husband
His father, Gemini Ganesan was a famous Tamil actor. His mother, Savitri was a famous Tamil and Telugu actress. His father was a Tamil brahman on his father's side and Isai Vellalar on his mother's side. While his mother belonged to a Kapu family speaking Telugu.
She has a younger brother named Satish Ganesan.
His father is married four times, which has earned him many half-brothers and sisters. From her father's marriage in Alamelu, she has four half-sisters: Dr. Revathi Swaminathan (elder, radiation oncologist), Dr. Kamala Selvaraj (second oldest, owner of GG hospitals), Narayani Ganesan (third oldest, journalist in the TOI). Dr. Jaya Shreedhar (fourth oldest, health advisor to Inter News Network). From her father's marriage to Pushpavalli (actress), she had two half-daughters named Rekha (actress) and Radha (former actress, lives in the United States).
His father is married for the fourth time with Juliana Andrews and does not have children with her.
Vijaya is married to Govind Rao Vaddi.
The couple has two sons, Arun Kumar Vaddi (theater and dog breeding) and Abhinay Vaddi (actor).
Vijaya also has a grandson named Ritwik and a granddaughter named Swastika.
- Books: Trilogy of Shiva by Amish Tripathi
- Director: B.V. Nandini Reddy
- Travel destination: Dubai
Facts / Trivia
- She enjoys traveling, gardening and cultivating.
- His friends and family call him Viji with love.
- Vijaya's mother named her after a production company called "Vijaya Chaundeshwari", which gave her many memorable roles.
- His mother was known as "Meenakumari" of the South Indian film industry.
- She was just 16 when she was married and a few years before her marriage, there were some differences between her parents and they separated.
- Due to problems in his personal life, his mother Savitri went into alcoholism, which greatly affected her. One day, she fell into a coma for 19 months and finally died at the age of 46 on December 26, 1981.
- In an interview, Vijaya revealed that she had never watched her mother's movie because her mother was crying in most of them and it made her feel uncomfortable. However, after the death of her mother, she started watching her movies.
- In May 2018, "Mahanati" was released, which is her mother's biopic. Keerthy Suresh played the role of Savitri in the film.
- After the release of the film, her sister Kamala Selvaraj, a sister, claimed that the film was a fiction, that it had not been presented honestly and that her father had been wrongly portrayed in the film. She also claimed that the film was made entirely on the basis of her daughter's statement. The directors should have taken into account the friends and knowledge of his father in the industry before describing his role. In response to her comments, Vijaya stated that she respected her views as they belonged to the same family.
- She is very fond of animals and has already owned a snake, deceased in 2015.