Brief facts from Tom Kennedy
|Famous name||Tom Kennedy|
|Birth Name||Tom Kennedy|
|Date of birth||1927-02-26|
|place of birth||Louisville|
|Birth nation||United States of America|
|father||John Lawrence Narz Sr.|
|brothers and sisters||1|
|brothers||1; Jack Tools|
|university||University of Missouri and the University of Kentucky|
|children||3; Linda Ann Narz, James Narz Jr. and Courtney Ellen Narz|
|Net worth||$ 1 million to $ 5 million|
|Source of wealth||TV Shows Hosting Careers|
|Build / type||Slim|
|date of death||October 7, 2020|
|Cause of death||illness|
|Famous for||As a television presenter, best known for his work on game shows|
|Known for||For hosting programs like “Name That Tune”, “Password Plus”, “You Don’t Say!” and “split second”|
Tom Kennedy was an American television presenter best known for his work on game shows. He has hosted game shows like “You Don’t Say!”, “Split Second” and “Name That Tune”. He also hosted “Hardcastle” and “McCormick”. He has made guest appearances on television shows such as “The Ghost & Mrs. Muir, Cannon”, “Cybill” and “Laugh-In”. He appeared on an episode of the new “Hollywood Squares” for Game Show Week Part 2. The TV game show host and Louisville-born Tom Kennedy died Wednesday at his Oxnard, California home at the age of 93.
The game show host Tom Kennedy dies at the age of 93
Veteran game show host Tom Kennedy, known for hosting programs like “Name That Tune”, “Password Plus”, “You Don’t Say!” and “Split Second” died on Wednesday at his Oxnard home. He was 93 years old. His daughter Courtney Ellen Narz confirmed his death. The news was also confirmed on Facebook by his friend Steve Beverly. No cause of death was given, but Beverly noted that Kennedy “hadn’t been good for the past few months”. Over the course of 30 years, Kennedy hosted 14 game shows, starting with the short-lived radio show “Dr. IQ” in 1958. In 1958, he hosted NBC’s “The Big Game,” his first national hosting appearance as the series “You Are Not Saying!” (where he stayed for six years), “Split Second”, “It’s Your Bet”, “Name That Tune”, “Break The Bank”, “To say the least”, “Phew!” “Password Plus”, “Body Language” and “Wordplay”, his last hosting job. In 1970 he briefly hosted a talk show, “The Real Tom Kennedy Show,” and in 1985 a syndicated nighttime version of “The Price Is Right”. His sister Mary, children Linda, James Jr. and Courtney survive, daughter-in-law Linda and granddaughter Abigail.
Cause of Tom Kennedy’s death
Tom Kennedy died on October 7, 2020 at the age of 93. His cause of death is unknown, although he was known to have been “ill for several months”.
- As a television presenter, best known for his work on game shows.
- For hosting programs like “Name That Tune”, “Password Plus”, “You Don’t Say!” and “split second”.
What is the birthplace of Tom Kennedy?
Tom Kennedy was born on February 26, 1927 in Louisville, Kentucky, USA. He was born with the maiden name / real name of James Edward Narz. In 1957 he changed his stage name to Tom Kennedy to further differentiate himself from his brother, who is also a game show host. Most recently he celebrated his 93rd birthday. He was born to his parents; John Lawrence Narz Sr. (father) and his mother, whose name is yet to be announced. His citizenship was American and his ethnicity was American-White. His race was white. He also has a sibling; a brother named Jack Narz (1922-2008). Pisces was his zodiac sign and his religion was Christian. According to his education, he attended the University of Missouri and the University of Kentucky.
What was Tom Kennedy’s career like?
- Tom Kennedy worked at KFRU (radio station) in Columbia, Missouri while studying at the University of Missouri.
- He then worked at WKLX in Lexington, Kentucky.
- He then moved to Los Angeles, worked for KPOL for five years and also had a part-time job at KGIL.
- He later appeared on television shows. His biggest hit series was “You Don’t Say!” which aired on NBC from 1963 to 1969.
- It then appeared from 1972 to 1975 on ABC “Split Second”.
- Similarly, he played his role in “Name That Tune” (1974-1981); and “Password Plus,” which he hosted from 1980 to 1982 after the illness (and subsequent death) of original host Allen Ludden.
- His other hosting credits include “The Big Game” (1958), “Dr. IQ” (1958-1959), “It’s Your Bet” (1971-1972), “Break the Bank” (1976) and “50 Grand Slam “. (1976), “To Say the Least” (1977-1978), “Whew! (1979-1980),” Password Plus “(1980-1982),” Body Language “(1984-1986), a syndicated night version of” The Price Is Right “(1985-1986) and” Wordplay “(1986-1987).
- In the early 1970s he briefly hosted the talk show “The Real Tom Kennedy Show” and appeared as a guest discussant on “To Tell the Truth”, “Hollywood Squares”, “Liar’s Club” and other game shows.
- As an actor, he has appeared in shows such as “The Ghost & Mrs. Muir”, “Rowan & Martins Laugh-In”, “Cannon” and “Hardcastle and McCormick”.
- He then retired in 1989 after several game show pilots produced by his production company failed to sell.
- In 2003 he also appeared on Hollywood Squares during Game Show Week Part 2.
Awards and Achievements from Tom Kennedy
Tom Kennedy was an award-winning actor. In July 2005 he and his brother Jack Narz received the Bill Cullen Award from the Game Show Congress for life’s work. Cullen was a brother-in-law of Narz and Kennedy.
What is the net worth of Tom Kennedy?
Tom Kennedy was a television presenter best known for his work on game shows. He had made a lot of money during his career. As of 2020, Tom Kennedy’s net worth is estimated at $ 1 million to $ 5 million while Tom’s exact salary and income are not yet known. Before his death, he lived a luxurious lifestyle and was content with his income. His main source of wealth are his game shows.
Who was Tom Kennedy married to?
Tom Kenndy was a married man. He married his beautiful wife Betty Gevedon in 1948 until her death in 2011. The couple were also blessed with three children. He was survived by his children Linda Ann Narz, James Narz Jr., and Courtney Ellen Narz, as well as a daughter-in-law Linda Papulis Narz, granddaughter Abigail Norah Narz, and sister Mary Lovett Scully. His sexual orientation was clear and he wasn’t gay.
How tall was Tom Kennedy?
Tom Kennedy was a very handsome man with a slim build. His heartwarming smile, overall demeanor, and gradually increasing popularity in the industry make him the perfect catch. He was 1.83 m tall, which was his body weight. Details on his other body measurements such as bicep size, chest size, waist size, shoe size and more are not currently publicly available.
Did you know already?
- Tom Kennedy has hosted game shows like “You Don’t Say!”, “Split Second” and “Name That Tune”.
- He has made guest appearances on television shows such as “The Ghost & Mrs. Muir, Cannon”, “Cybill” and “Laugh-In”.
- He appeared in an episode of the new “Hollywood Squares” for Game Show Week Part 2.
- He also has a sibling; a brother named Jack Narz (1922-2008).
- According to his education, he attended the University of Missouri and the University of Kentucky.
- He married his beautiful wife Betty Gevedon in 1948 until her death in 2011.