SZA is a singer and songwriter from the USA who is famous for her self-released two mix-tapes named “See.SZA.Run” (October 2012) and “S” (October 2013). She is best known for the release of her debut album “Ctrl” in June 2017. It debuted at number three on the US Billboard 200 and was certified double platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). At the 60th Annual Grammy Awards, the album earned her four nominations, including Best New Artist. In 2020, it was placed on Rolling Stone’s 500 Greatest Albums of All Time list. She released “Z”, her third EP and first retail release with the hip hop record label Top Dawg Entertainment.
In August 2017, she was featured on Maroon 5’s Top 10 hit single “What Lovers Do”. She collaborated with Kendrick Lamar to create “All the Stars” for the Black Panther soundtrack. In the year 2021, she released the single “Good Days”, and featured on Doja Cat’s “Kiss Me More”, both of which reached the top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100. She appeared as herself for the Revolt Music Conference (Recap Special) 2014 in Revolt Live which was her debut TV Show.
Quick Facts About SZA
|Age||33 years, 0 months and 21 days|
|Birth Name||Solana Imani Rowe|
|Profession||Singer and Songwriter|
|Place Of Birth||St. Louis, Missouri|
|Religion||Christian and Islam|
|High School||Regular High School|
|Awards||Billboard Music Awards and more|
|Net Worth||$3 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Music Industry|
|Height||5 ft 3¾ in or 162 cm|
|Weight||60 kg or 132 lbs|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Body Measurement||36-27-37 in or 91.5-68.5-94 cm|
|Dress Size||6 (US) or 10 (UK) or 38 (EU)|
|Shoe Size||8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)|
SZA missed the red carpet at MTV VMA
SZA wasn’t letting a little 2021 MTV VMAs mishap stop her from enjoying the night. On Sunday, SZA cheekily shared on Instagram Stories that she was a little too fashionably late to hit the red carpet. It’s our loss actually, because we missed out on some presumably stunning photos. But it all worked out in the end when SZA smiled on stage to accept the award for best collaboration for her song “Kiss Me More” with Doja Cat. Doja Cat accepted the award in a head-turning “worm”-like Thom Browne dress, and SZA’s 3-D printed Nusi Quero top was as cool as can be. She posed for selfies with Lil Nas X, hung out with Ashanti, and looked gorgeous per usual.
What makes SZA so famous?
- Being an American singer as well as a songwriter.
- For her debut album “Ctrl” (June 2017) which earned the #3 spot on Billboard 200. It is #1 in the R&B genre.
- For her self-released two mix-tapes named See.SZA.Run (October 2012) and S (October 2013).
- For her lyrics which is described as “unraveling” and her songs often revolve around themes of sexuality, nostalgia, and abandonment.
What is SZA’s Real Name? Details About Her Age, Family, Parents, Ethnicity, Religion
SZA was born on 8th November 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri, the USA. Her birth name or real name is Solána Imani Rowe. She celebrated her 30th birthday as of 2020. She holds American nationality and her ethnicity is African-American. Her race is black. Details about her parent’s name are unavailable at a moment. Only the fact is known that fer father was executive producer at CNN, Corporate Executive at AT&T. She also has two siblings namely Tiffany Daniels (Older Half-Sister), Daniel (aka Manhattan) (Older Brother) (Rapper). Her Zodiac sign is Scorpio. About her religion, she initially followed Islamic tradition while growing up because her father was Muslim but still accompanied her mother to church every other Sunday because her mother was Christian. She also attended a Jewish camp during her childhood. Regarding her Muslim believes, she once said, “It’s like the belief in one God, all the pillars of Islam et cetera, and I think those are ideas that will never leave me, those make sense in my spirit. It’s the way that I connect with God; it has always made sense to me. I think I would love to wear my hijab but I feel like I don’t wanna wear my hijab and talk crazy on stage and be in videos with Travis Scott. Like I don’t wanna be disrespectful because I have too much love and respect for the religion, for my father, and for myself.” At present, she follows the values of both Christianity and Islam without subscribing to any specific code of conduct.
Moving towards his educational qualification, she attended a regular high school in her hometown which was followed by attending classes at a Muslim Prep School after school hours. Her annual vacation was completely preoccupied with a summer camp that varied between gymnastics, horse riding, and studying Science. During her freshman year at college, she switched her place of study three times finally settling at Essex County College. She hoped to find her calling by studying liberal arts subjects and expected to get inspired to go to graduate school thereafter. However, the freedom of college life after two decades of an immensely protected conservative lifestyle was too much for her.
SZA Music Career Timeline
- SZA firstly met members of Top Dawg Entertainment during the CMJ New Music Report in the year 2011. Her early music was given to TDE president Terrence “Punch” Henderson, who was surprised with the quality of the material.
- After SZA releases her two EPs, TDE stepped in to sign her in the year 2013 making her the label’s first female artist.
- Her self-released her debut EP “See.SZA.Run” was released on 29th October 2012.
- She then released her second EP, “S” on 10th April 2013. She also promoted the extended play with the release of a music video for the song “Ice Moon”, directed by Lemar & Dauley.
- She was then signed by Top Dawg on 14th July 2013. In October 2013, she went on a four-show tour with the Swedish band Little Dragon; starting on October 17 at the El Rey Theater in Los Angeles and ending on October 24 at the Music Hall of Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY.
- She next released the song “Teen Spirit” in December 2013 which was followed by the release of a remix featuring American rapper 50 Cent.
- She featured on a variety of songs in 2014 from her label-mates albums including two songs for Isaiah Rashad’s debut EP “Cilvia Demo” as well as featuring on Schoolboy Q debut studio album “Oxymoron”.
- She released the single “Child’s Play” featuring Chance the Rapper and produced by Dae One & XXYYXX on 26th March 2014.
- A studio EP, “Z”, was released on 8th April 2014; the lead single, “Babylon” was accompanied by a music video directed by APlusFilmz.
- To promote Z, she performed at several performance showcases at the SXSW Music Festival in Austin, Texas.
- She made her chart debut in the UK, where “Z” charted at number thirty-two on the R&B Charts, during the week ending April 19, 2014.
- “Z” debuted on the US Billboard 200 at number thirty-nine, selling 6,980 copies in its opening week; the album also peaked at number nine on the Billboard Hip-Hop/R&B chart.
- She began recording her fourth EP, “A”. She featured on Kitty Cash’s single “Moodring” in July 2014.
- Likewise, she released a collaboration with Jill Scott called “Divinity” in August.
- She released a video for her song ‘Julia’ from “Z” on 11th July 2014.
- She released a song called “Sobriety” on 18th November 2014.
- She co-wrote “Consideration” for Rihanna’s album Anti (2016) alongside Rihanna and Tyran Donaldson. She was seen on the track and performed “Consideration” with Rihanna live at the 2016 Brit Awards on 24th February 2016.
- She then released “Drew Barrymore”, the lead single from her upcoming album “Ctrl” in January 2017.
- After then, she signed her first major-label recording contract with RCA Records on 28th April 2017.
- Her debut studio album “Ctrl” was released on 9th June 2017. The album debuted at number three on the US Billboard 200, with 60,000 album-equivalent units, of which 25,000 were pure album sales; the album was supported by several singles, including “Love Galore”, which peaked in the top 40 of the Billboard Hot 100 chart and was later certified platinum. “Ctrl” was ranked as the best album of 2017 by Time.
- She even promoted the album on a North American concert tour from 20th August to 22nd December.
- She even collaborated with American pop rock band Maroon 5 on their single “What Lovers Do” from their sixth studio album Red Pill Blues in August 2017.
- She released “Quicksand” in September 2017 which appeared on the soundtrack for HBO’s “Insecure” and, alongside Khalid and Post Malone, was featured on the remix version of Lorde’s single “Homemade Dynamite”, from her second studio album “Melodrama”.
- She featured alongside Kendrick Lamar on the track “All the Stars” in January 2018. The single peaked at number 7 on the Billboard Hot 100, and this made her second top 10 hit on the chart, after Maroon 5, “What Lovers Do” which peaked at number 9 on the chart.
- Likewise, she featured on DJ Khaled’s eleventh studio album, “Father of Asahd” on the track “Just Us”.
- On 26th February 2020, she alongside Timberlake released “The Other Side”, a song part of the Trolls World Tour soundtrack, alongside its music video.
- In March 2020, she signed with WME for representation in all areas. She performed, together with artists such as Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, and Halsey, a benefit concert for the state of New Jersey, in support of the state’s work fighting the COVID-19 pandemic. It took place on April 22, 2020, through at-home performances and the revenue will go to the New Jersey Pandemic Relief Fund.
- She came back with her first release as a lead artist since 2017 on 4th September 2020, with “Hit Different”, featuring Ty Dolla Sign, and production from The Neptunes.
- On 25th December 2020, she released “Good Days” on streaming platforms as a single after it originally debuted as a snippet in the outro of the “Hit Different” music video. The song hit its peak of number 9 on the Billboard Hot 100, making it her first top ten single as a solo artist, despite SZA herself revealing that it wasn’t initially planned to be single. Both tracks are expected to appear on her upcoming second studio album.
- She was featured on the Doja Cat single “Kiss Me More” on 9th April 2021 which became a number-one hit in New Zealand and reached the top 40 in over a dozen countries, further having earned top 10 placements in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, Ireland, and Lithuania.
- She recorded a cover of “The Anonymous Ones,” a new song written for the soundtrack of the 2021 film adaptation of “Dear Evan Hansen”.
Awards and Achievements
SZA is an award-winning singer who has grabbed nine Grammy nominations, a Golden Globe nomination, and an Academy Award nomination. She has earned one Billboard Music Award and received the “Rulebreaker Award” at the Billboard Women in Music event in 2018. SZA also won the Soul Train Music Award for Best New Artist in 2017 and the BET Award for Best New Artist in 2018.
Who is SZA’s Boyfriend? Know About Her Relationship and Affairs
SZA is not married yet and she is still to get married. In one of her interviews, SZA confessed that she lost 3 of her ex-boyfriends to an untimely death. Recently, SZA and Kehlani were seen holding hands. But it doesn’t necessarily mean that they are together. SZA has never come out as bisexual or a lesbian. While SZA and Kehlani would make a seriously gorgeous couple, it’s not likely that they are an item. As of today, she is living a single life and she is not dating anyone at present. She is focusing on her career rather than being in a relationship.
In 2009, she dated Drake, who is a Canadian rapper, singer, songwriter, actor, record producer, and entrepreneur. She has never revealed the identity of any of her ex-boyfriends, she repeatedly mentioned how she met her former manager, Punch at the CMJ festival in New York in 2011. Her then-boyfriend was one of the sponsors and she was dropping off the clothes from his brand backstage when Punch overheard SZA’s songs that her best friend was listening to rather intently. It is highly probable that the ex-boyfriend, SZA was alluding to was Scott Sasso, owner of the streetwear brand called 10.Deep. In August 2020, she tweeted and deleted, “At this point, y’all gotta ask punch,” referring to Terrence “Punch” Henderson, who is president of Top Dawg Entertainment. In another tweet, SZA indicated that “all [Punch] says to her” about releasing new music is “soon.” This revealed that her relationship with her label owner Punch (Top Dawg Entertainment) has been hostile since the delays of her second album which was last announced back in an interview in 2019. Further details about her relationship are unknown.
Currently, she lives in NY City whereas she is frequently on the road in the USA and Europe. She often visits her hometown Maplewood, New Jersey during downtime to unwind and rest.
What is SZA Net Worth and Salary?
SZA is a famous singer as well as a songwriter whose net worth is estimated to have $3 Million as of 2021. She has made a great fortune and fame from the music industry which is her major source of income as well. In 2014, SZA did a print shoot for GAP apparel. She was asked to be a part of Ivy Park’s Spring / Summer 2017 campaign – an athleisure/sportswear brand co-owned by Beyoncé. She was featured alongside Zoe Kravitz in a TV commercial for Ford Focus. She is living a lavish lifestyle as of today. Whereas she has not revealed anything about her career earnings and salary to the media. But there is no doubt in the mind of her followers that she is making a considerable amount of money from her present work.
How tall is SZA?
SZA is a very beautiful and charming woman whose height is 5 ft 3¾ in or 162 cm and her balanced bodyweight consist of 60 kg or 132 lbs. Her body build is Voluptuous. She has a pair of dark brown eyes and her hair color is black. She also gets a lot of attention for her thick head of hair. She has prominent freckles on her face and a mole on the left corner of her upper lip. She has an hourglass body figure. Her body measurement is 36-27-37 in or 91.5-68.5-94 cm. Her dress size is 6 (US) or 10 (UK) or 38 (EU). Her shoe size is 8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU).