Sunitha Upadrashta is an Indian singer, presenter, presenter, presenter and actress who plays in the film industry of southern India. She is popularly known as the "queen of melody" of South Indian cinema.
Wiki / Biography
Sunitha Upadrashta was born on Wednesday, May 10, 1978 (41 years old; as in 2019) in the city of Guntur in Andhra Pradesh. His zodiac sign is Gemini. At the age of 6, she trained in Carnatic singing with Pemaraju Surya Rao and Light Music at Kalaga Krishna Rao. At a very young age, she began performing in concerts and programs including those organized by All India Radio (AIR).
At the age of 13, she played with her mentor Pemaraju Surya Rao at Tyagaraja Aradhana Utsavalu. As a child, she received several awards and honors at competitions for her performances. She also received a grant from the central government to continue her musical training.
Height (approximately): 5 "6"
Eye colour: Black
Hair color: Black
Family, caste and husband
She belongs to a family of Telugu Brahmin music lovers of Upadrasta Narasimha Rao and Sumathi (maiden name, Malladi).
At the age of 19, she married Kiran Kumar Goparaju, a media professional, but later divorced. She has a boy named Aakash Goparaju and a girl named Shreya Goparaju.
In 2018, his marriage to a computer professional was the subject of speculation.
As a singer
At the age of 17, Savitha began her career as a backing singer with the song "Ee Velalo Neevu" from the movie Telugu Gulabi (1995).
(embed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VadDpgN4IhI (/ embed)
She debuted in Kannada with the song "Kesari Haravu" from the movie Bhoomi Geetha (1997). She made her Tamil debut with the song "Unakkoruthi" from the movie Punniyavathi (1997).
(embed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLAeI8THtPk (/ embed)
She has sung over 3,000 songs for the Tamil, Telugu and Kannada Film industries. She has also worked for some private albums such as Raghuram, Sai Sudha, Sri Venkateswara Thatwanidhi, Sri Vallabha Bhakti Geethalu, Sai Darshanam, Sri Chidvilasam, Amma Durgamma, Pahimaam, Sri Rama Charanam, Govinda Ganamraam, Sama. She has also appeared in some private albums of her guru, two of which are the paravail of Meera and the Aanota – Manasu Palike vela.
Sunitha has given her voice for many devotional projects throughout southern India. the first being in 2016 under the name Annamayya Paataku Pattabhishekam.
She also lent her voice and animated several projects such as Vengamaamba Keerthanalu, Naada Neerajanam, Tirumala Brahmotsavam, Srivaari Sevalu, Thyaagaraaja Utsavaalu and Prashanthi Nilayam.
As a voiceover artist / dubbing artist
She entered the world of dubbing unwittingly, but became the major choice of all the heroines of the film after the release of the movie "Choodalani Undi" of 1998, starring Megastar Chiranjeevi and Soundarya, in which she gave her voice to Soundarya.
(embed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbHBt-iiBDY (/ embed)
Until now, she has given voice to more than 110 actresses on more than 750 films. She also holds the record for giving voice to 60 films in a single year. Gautamiputra Satakarni was dubbed as an artist dubbing by Sunitha in the 750th film in which she gave Shriya Saran her voice.
To the television
She made her first appearance on television in 1995 with the show "Paadave Koyila", a live musical episode broadcast on national channel DD.
She has also sung titles for many Telugu series, of which "Antharangaalu" is the first.
She made her debut as a presenter on the 1996 Navy Telugu musical contest "Navaragam", which aired on Gemini television. She has hosted many shows such as yours, Saptaswaraalu, Antakshari, Saregamapa Lil Fields, Jhummandi Naadam and Annamayya Paataku Pattabhishekam.
As an actress
She made her debut as an actress in the short film "Raagam" in 2016 in the lead role of Telugu in the role of "Sree Chaitu".
She also made a special appearance in Telugu's "Thadasthu" short film in 2018.
Awards and distinctions
- National Prize for Folk Songs in Delhi, Ministry of Cultural Affairs
- All India Radio National Award in the Light Music Category in 1994
- Best female singer for the TV movie Antha Rangaalu in 1999
- Best female dubbing artist for the movie Jayam in 2002
- Best female singer for Athade Oka Sainyam 2003
- Best female dubbing artist for the movie Anand (voice of Kamalinee Mukherjee) in 2004
- Best female dubbing artist for the movie Pothe Poni in 2005
- Best female singer for the movie Godavari Sunitha in 2006
- Best female singer for the TV movie Anthahpuram in 2010
- TV movie entitled Mamathala Kovela in 2011
- Best female dubbing artist for the movie Sri Rama Rajyam (voice of Nayantara) in 2012
- Best female singer – Kannada for the song "O Priyathama" from the movie Cheluveye Ninne Nodalu in 2010
- Best female singer – Telugu for the song "Em Sandehamledu" of the movie Oohalu Gusagusalade in 2014
- Award for Best Singer of the European Telugu Association, London (2003)
- Kalavedika Art Award as a versatile artist for his excellent performance as an artist dubbing singers, anchors and films in 2003
- The Sangam P Susheela Prize for Youth receives the gold medal in 2004
- The Sangam P Susheela Prize for Youth 2004 received the gold medal.
- Ghantasala Melody Queen Award in 2011
- The award for best singer Lata Mangeshkar for 2011 was presented by the state government
- T. Subbaram Reddy Lalitha Sangeeta Puraskar in 2013
- Sangeet Samman 2013 (movie Kannada)
- New Jersey State Recognition Award from the Senate and General Assembly of the State of New Jersey, adopting a resolution commending its excellence and contributions to the world of music and Indian cinema in New Jersey 2019
- Vishishta Seva Puraskar by the NGO Stand For The Nation in 2019
Note: She has received many awards and nominations in addition to the awards and honors mentioned above.
In 2019, Swamy Swaroopanandendra Saraswati, of Sharad Peetham, said in an interview that many celebrities came to visit him whenever he was staying at the Filmnagar Temple in Hyderabad. He listed the names of many celebrities, including that of Sunitha. This angered the singer and she criticized Swamy through her social network account for using her name on national television and including her in the list of her followers.
- singers: S.P. Balasubrahmanyam, P. Susheela
- Writing: Bhagavad Geeta
Facts / Trivia
- Sunitha Upadrashta likes to travel and do photography.
- To date, she has given approximately 500 programs on AIR, Doordarshan, ETV, Gemini TV and MAA TV.
- She has also given programs abroad and traveled to more than 19 countries. Some of them include Kuwait, Dubai, Malaysia, Singapore, London, the United States, the Philippines, Kenya and Japan.
- In 2009, she created her own show titled "Musical Moments with Sunitha" in the United States.
- On the occasion of the fiftieth year of India's independence, she sang Vande Mataram with S.P.Balasubrahmanyam at the plenary session of the Congress and also animated the fiftieth anniversary celebrations of the Assembly.
- She participated in the groundbreaking ceremony for Amaravathi, the new capital of Andhra Pradesh in 2015.
- She is a dog lover and has a dog named Snoopy.
- In addition to her talent in singing, acting, anchoring and photography, she can also play Veena.