Sukhwinder Singh is an internationally renowned Indian vocal singer. He came into the spotlight after singing "Chaiyya Chaiyya" for Bollywood's film "Dil Se ..", but it was the song "Jai Ho" from the movie "Slumdog Millionaire" that introduced it to the international audience. Sukhwinder is one of the best Indian singers after delivering many popular hits for over two decades.
Wiki / Biography
Sukhwinder Singh was born on Sunday, July 18, 1971 (47 years; as in 2019) in Sharika Pind, Amritsar. His zodiac sign is cancer. He began to become interested in music at the age of 4 and started learning music. At the age of 8, Sukhwinder gave his first show on the song "Sa Re Ga Ma" from the movie "Abhinetri". He went to Leicester, London, to learn music. Sukhwinder then released a Punjabi album "Southhall Da with T. Singh" and Laxmikant-Pyarelal.
Height (approximately): 5'6 "
Hair color: Black
Eye colour: Black
Family and girlfriend
We know very little about his family. His parents had died while he was only 9 years old. He was in a relationship with singer and actress Jasleen Matharu for a while.
Civil status: Single
Sukhwinder Singh began his singing career in 1986 by singing a few lines of the movie "Karma". He then lent his voice to the song "Aaja Sanam" of the movie "Khilaaf". After that, he took a sabbatical. and traveled around the world, including different forms of music. He traveled to Russia, to three countries in the Middle East, America, Europe, China, Hong Kong and Mexico. Upon returning to Mumbai, Sukhwinder associates with A. R. Rahman to record "Chaiyya Chaiyya" in the film "Dil Se …". The song becomes a huge success and Sukhwinder is a great success.
(embed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQmrmVs10X8 (/ embed)
Subsequently, he worked as a performer in such films as "Taal", "Apna Sapna Money Money", "Shaadi Se Pehle", "Shabd", "Chak De! India "," Om Shanti Om "and" Black & White ". Some of his most popular songs include "Haule Haule", "Saaki", "Ramta Jogi", "Jaane Tu Mera Kya Hai" and "Thok De Killi. "
(embed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgdY_s1LsZc (/ embed)
Sukhwinder has sung for many popular Bollywood actors including Salman Khan, Shahrukh Khan, Arjun Rampal, Anil Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Saif Ali Khan and Ajay Devgn. In 2008, his song "Jai Ho" of the movie "Slumdog Millionaire" received many accolades and made his mark on the international scene.
(embed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwwAVRyNmgQ (/ embed)
In 2014, he participated in the reality TV show "Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 7."
(embed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noM7divqGpM (/ embed)
- Filmfare Award for best male singer for the song "Chaiyya Chaiyya" from the movie "Dil Se .." (1999)
- Filmfare Award for best male singer for the song "Haule Haule" from the movie "Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi" (2009)
- Academy Award for the best original song for the song "Jai Ho" from the movie Slumdog Millionaire (2009)
- Grammy Award for the best song written for a film, television or other visual support for the song "Jai Ho" (2010)
- National Film Award for Best Male Singer for his rendition of the song "Bismil Bismil" in the movie "Haider" (2014)
- Silver Lotus Award for Best Male Playback Singer for Haider (2015)
- Golden Sparrow Award for best male singer at Diorama, India's first international film festival and market, for the song "Kar Har Maidan Fateh" from the movie "Sanju" (2019)
- Food: Mexican cuisine, Methi Aloo, Amritsari Kulcha, Pav Bhaji, Mangalore Rice and Curry Fish
- Travel destination: Mexico
Facts / Trivia
- Sukhwinder likes to do yoga.
- He sang more than 7 songs for Shah Rukh Khan, and all were great hits.
- He is a fervent disciple of Shiva and the goddess Saraswati.
- Sukhwinder has worked as a music director in a dozen Bollywood films.
- Her "Chaiyya Chaiyya" title from "Dil Se .." was later selected in the Hollywood film "Inside Man", which featured actors such as Denzel Washington and Jodie Foster.
- Singh was only 13 years old when he composed the famous Punjabi song "Tutak Tutak Tutiya" for singer Malkit Singh.
(embed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tutjoqHKi1Q (/ embed)
- Sukhwinder has a "micro" tattooed on his left biceps.
- In an interview, Sukhwinder said that he was getting up early in the morning.
- He is best known for his Sufi tunes, but Sukhwinder once revealed that he liked to sing dance numbers.
- Sukhwinder sang an opera for the first time for Bollywood's film "Sachin: A Billion Dreams".
- He is a dog lover and has two Pomeranian dogs.
- The popular music composer, AR Rahman, once called Sukhwinder to ask him if he could write a song for Govind Nihalani's film "Thakshak". Although Sukhwinder has never attempted this kind of mission before, he decided to try it and wrote "Mujhe Rang De" song was a huge success and also scored the beginning of their friendship.
- Sukhwinder said in an interview that he was practicing singing while running on the treadmill in order to preserve the quality of his voice.
- Sukhwinder has not only made its mark on the international market, not just in India. About 50% of its audience includes non-Indians. Sukhwinder is very well followed in the United Kingdom, where he began his musical career.
- His friends and family fondly call him Sukhi.