Sakshi Tanwar is an actress and host of Indian television. She is best known for playing the role of "Parvati Agarwal" in the TV series "Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii."
Wiki / Biography
Sakshi Tanwar was born on Friday, January 12, 1973 (46 years; as in 2019) in Alwar, Rajasthan. His zodiac sign is Capricorn.
She attended many Kendriya Vidyalayas in India. as his father was an IWC officer and was transferred frequently.
In 1990, she completed her pre-university studies and was a sales trainee at Taj Palace in Delhi. She even worked in a clothing and accessories store, Khazana, in Delhi. Sakshi graduated from Lady Shri Ram College in New Delhi. She was secretary and president of the dramatic society at the time of her college. After graduating, she was preparing for entrance tests to administrative services and mass communications. During this time, she auditioned for the role of host in the reality show "Albela Sur Mela". Although Sakshi failed to pass the entrance examination, she managed to pass the audition.
Height (approximately): 5 '4 "
Hair color: Black
Eye colour: Black
Family, caste and boyfriend
Sakshi Tanwar belongs to a Hindu family. His father, Rajendra Singh Tanwar, is a retired IWC officer. She has an older brother, Rajeev Singh Tanwar and an older sister, Seema Tanwar.
In 2015, according to some rumors, Sakshi would be in a relationship with his co-star of Bade Acche Lagte Hain, Samir Kochhar.
According to rumors, she would have tied the knot with a businessman. However, the actress refuted all the rumors and said that she was single. In October 2018, she adopted a 9 month old baby girl and named her Dityaa.
Sakshi Tanwar made her television debut in 1996 by hosting the reality show of National DD 'Albela Sur Mela'. She then appeared in the television series "Dastoor". She later won the role of "Parvati Agarwal" in the television series "Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii. "The show was a huge success and has become a household name by playing the role of Parvati. The soap opera lasted 8 years.
Subsequently, she appeared in television series such as "Kutumb", "Devi", "Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin" and "Balika Vadhu". In 2011, she played the role of "Priya Ram Kapoor" in Sony TV's "Bade Achhe Lagte Hain". "
Sakshi has appeared as narrator and host in many TV shows including "Main Naa Bhoolungi", "Crime Patrol Season 2", "Code Red" and "Tyohaar Ki Thaali".
She made her Bollywood debut in 2016 with the movie "Dangal" in which she played the role of "Daya Kaur".
Sakshi has appeared in many feature films such as "Ore Manva", "Saluun", "Aatankwadi Uncle" and "Bawra Mann". She has also worked as Creative Director for Positive Thinkerz. Sakshi has appeared in web series such as "Karrle Tu Bhi Mohabbat", "The Final Call" and "Mission Over Mars".
- Sakshi made the headlines for secretly marrying a businessman. However, she denied later.
- His kiss on the screen with Ram Kapoor in Bade Achhe Lagte Hain shocked the audience.
- The TV actress, Hina Khan, called Sakshi, while Hina was inside Bigg Boss's home.
Awards and distinctions
Prizes won for the series "Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii."
- Indian Telly Award in the category "Best Actress in a Leading Role" (2003)
- Kalakar Award for Best Actress (2004)
- Indian Television Academy Award for "ITA Milestone" (2010)
Prizes won for the series "Bade Achhe Lagte Hain".
- Indian Television Academy Award for "Best Actress – Drama (Jury)" (2011)
- Big Star Entertainment Award for "Best Actress in a Leading Role – Television" (2011)
- Eighteenth Lions Gold Award for "Best Actress in a Leading Role – Television" (2012)
- 11th Indian Telly Award for "Best Actress in a Leading Role – Jury" (2012)
- People's Choice Awards India for "Best Dramatic Actress" (2012)
- 6th Boroplus Gold Award for "Best Actress Critic" (2013)
- The most popular screen TV couple in India today, the most popular on the screen, with Ram Kapoor (2013)
- Featured in the top 5 most trusted celebrities in a poll conducted by Ormax Media (2013)
Sakshi is paid around Rs. 80,000 for an episode.
Collection of cars
Sakshi Tanwar owns a Volvo S90 sedan.
- Food: Aloo Matar, Rajma Chawal
- Dessert: Kulhad Waali Gulab Jamun
- Movies: Guide (1965), Sholay (1975)
- Travel destination: Europe
Facts / Trivia
- His hobbies are cooking, reading and traveling.
- Sakshi follows a vegetarian diet.
- In 2012, she worked in the movie "Mohalla Assi", in front of Sunny Deol, but the film has never been broadcast.
- Sakshi does not like to keep a housekeeper and enjoys doing her job alone.
- It is renowned for its punctuality in the television sector.
- Sakshi has often appeared as a guest nominee on the Kaun Banega Crorepati reality show.
- Sakshi has close ties with producer and director Ekta Kapoor.
- Initially, she wanted to become a software engineer.
- Sakshi's first salary was RS. 900 per month, which she earned by working in a fabric and accessories store.
- Sakshi bought her mother a yellow and green cotton sari with her first salary. She even bought some gifts for other members of her family.
- During an interview, Sakshi explained that being the youngest person in her family, she was the most pampered.
- Sakshi considers her mother as her inspiration.
- In an interview, Sakshi revealed that she had already faced a rejection due to a pimple on her face. She stated that during her early days in the television industry, she had staged an advertising session for a major brand, but that the manufacturers had rejected it when they had seen a big pimple on her face .