Kusha Kapila is an Indian content writer, actress and social media celebrity who works for the popular Indian media platform, iDiva. She is best known for playing the fictional character "Billi Maasi".
Wiki / Biography
Kusha Kapila was born in Delhi. She grew up in North Delhi and was educated in South Delhi. Kusha attended Indraprastha Women's College at Delhi University to pursue her studies in English Literature. She then went to the National Institute of Fashion to pursue a degree in design. In college, Kusha joined the theater and played street plays. Initially, she wanted to become a journalist. After graduation, she started working as a merchandising trainee at Bhartiya International. She worked there for three months and joined Chisell Effects, Noida as a product design trainee.
Height (approximately): 5 "5"
Hair color: Brown
Eye colour: Brown
Family and husband
We do not know much about his parents. Kusha is married to Zorawar Singh Ahluwalia (Diageo employee).
Kusha Kapila began her career in 2013 as a fashion correspondent for Apparel Online based in Delhi. She then worked as a trend analyst and content writer for Fashion Forward Trends. In May 2014 she joined Razorfish and started working as a copywriter. Subsequently, she worked as a digital content manager and content developer. In 2016, she moved to Times Internet and worked as a fashion editor. Subsequently, she joined iDiva as a writer and was contacted by a fashion editor. At iDiva, Kusha started creating videos for their Facebook page.
(embed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWTOvoXK2LA (/ embed)
In making the videos, she created the character "Billi Masi", which was later a resounding success and Kapila became the star. Subsequently, she portrayed many other characters who were well received by the public. Kusha has also worked with many popular Bollywood faces including Abishek Bachchan and Kareena Kapoor.
Kusha has already had a negative reaction for stereotyping women in her videos, especially girls in South Delhi.
- Food: Chicken wings, sushi plate
- Travel destination: Singapore
- She enjoys listening to music, watching movies and swimming.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Kusha loves poetry and makes a little article called "Kavita Ki Kavita".
- She speaks good Hindi and English.
- Kusha has been covering magazines like Harper's Bazaar.
- She is an active philanthropist and is associated with NGOs such as VoLIndia and Naz Foundation (India) Trust.
- Kusha met Karan Johar for the first time at a fashion week in Mumbai. When she reached the room, she was stunned to see Karan waving at him and telling him that he was a big fan of Kusha.
- Kusha took the idea of her popular character "Billi Masi" from a lady she met in real life. Kusha met this lady at a friend's party at Chattarpur Farms in Delhi.