Koena Mitra is an Indian model and actress. She is famous for her article number “Saaki Saaki”.
She was educated at South Point School in Kolkata. She did her master’s degree in psychology at Lady Brabourne College, Kolkata. She took a short course in directing at the Los Angeles Strasburg Theater and Film Institute.
Koena Mitra Wiki / Biography
|Names Earned||‘The Saki Girl’|
|Famous For||Dancing in the item number ‘Saaki Saaki’ from the film “Musafir”|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm|
in meters– 1.7 m
in feet inches– 5’ 7”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Bollywood: Musafir (2004) as ‘Lara’|
Tamil: Aasal (2010)
Bengali: Besh Korechi Prem Korechi (2015)
|Achievements||• Won the beauty pageant Gladrags Mega Model India in 2003|
• First Runner-up Miss Intercontinental Pageant 2003
|Date of Birth||7 January 1984 (Saturday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||36 Years|
|Birthplace||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|School||South Point High School, Kolkata|
|College/University||• Lady Brabourne College, Kolkata|
• Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute, Los Angeles
|Educational Qualification||PG in Psychology|
|Political Inclination||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Hobbies||Swimming, Driving cars, Watching movies, Partying|
|Tattoo(s)||Chinese characters imbibed on the right side of her neck|
|Controversies||• In 2019, Poonam Sethi filed a case against Koena claiming that Koena had borrowed money from Poonam and had failed to return it. Koena gave Poonam the check of Rs. 3 lakhs which bounced at the bank. Later, Poonam sent Koena a legal notice, to which Koena didn’t respond. After hearing of the case, the metropolitan court held Koena guilty and sentenced her 6 months of simple imprisonment including the sum of Rs. 4.64 Lakh including the interest component of 1.64 Lakh, which she had to pay to Poonam. According to Koena, the case was completely fake and she was being framed in the matter.|
• In August 2017, Koena Mitra was troubled by abusive calls from a person, who had been calling her from unknown numbers. Hence, she registered a case against the person, and the case was booked under section 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) of IPC.
• She was badly criticized for undergoing a disastrous nose job in 2010. Due to which, she lost many projects.
• In 2009, there were rumors that she took money for appearing in Jharkhand’s CM’s rally. But later CBI officials denied the rumors.
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father– Vishwanath Mitra (Chartered accountant)|
Mother– Krishna Mitra (School Teacher)
|Siblings||She has a younger sister|
|Favorite Food||Bengali Cuisine, Mustard Prawn Curry, Grilled fish and chicken|
|Favorite Actor||Akshay Kumar, Salman Khan|
|Favorite Actress||Kajol, Madhuri Dixit|
|Favorite Singer||Kishore Kumar|
|Politicians||Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Narendra Modi|
|Favorite Sportsperson(s)||Mary Kom, Bajrang Punia|
Koena Mitra Family, caste and husband
She belongs to a Bengali family. His father, Vishwanath Mitra is a chartered accountant. His mother, Krishna Mitra, is a teacher.
She has a younger sister. She was in a relationship with Turkish pilot Mette Merral.
Koena Mitra Career
Koena started her modeling career when she was still in school. In 2003, she won the beauty contest Gladrags Mega Model India. She was the first runner of the Miss Intercontinental Pageant 2003, which was held in Germany. She appeared at ACP Whiskey, Mirinda, at All Clear Clinic in Maruti Alto and walked the ramp for many weeks of fashion in Milan and Beijing.
Before starting her acting career, Koena Mitra appeared in the video clip of songs such as Stereo Nation’s Ishq, Aaj Ki Raat, Akh Teri and Channo of Jasbir Jassi.
She made her first appearance in Bollywood in the movie “Road” (2002), in which she appeared in the song “Khullam Khulla”. role of ‘ Lara. ‘
She then appeared in many commercial hits such as “Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena” (2005), “Apna Sapna Money Money” (2006) and “Anamika” (2008). In 2009, she appeared for the first time in a Tamil film “Ayan” (2009) under the symbol “Honey Honey”. She made her debut in Tamil film with the movie “Aasal” in 2010.
She made her Bengali debut with the movie “Besh Korechi Prem Korechi” in 2015.
- In 2019, a model named Poonam Sethi brought an action against Koena, claiming that she borrowed money from him and did not return it. Later, Koena gave a check for Rs. 3 Lakh to Poonam but the check was returned to the bank. Koena would have received the legal notice to which she would not have replied. The metropolitan court found Koena guilty and sentenced him to a six-month sentence of simple imprisonment. She must also pay the sum of Rs 4.64 Lakh, including the interest component of 1.64 Lakh to Poonam. Koena called the case completely wrong and said she had been charged.
- In 2017, Koena filed a lawsuit against a stranger who harassed her by phone using different numbers. The case was initiated under Article 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult a woman’s modesty) of the ICC.
- In 2010, Koena was heavily criticized for having a nose job, which went terribly wrong. He even lost many projects at that time.
- In 2009, she made the headlines after rumors that she would have taken the money to participate in the Jharkhand CM rally. Later, CBI found that the rumors were false.
Koena Mitra facts
- She enjoys swimming, driving cars, watching movies and partying.
- His mother is Krishn, who is a river, and Koena, the tributaries of Krishna. Therefore, his name symbolizes his bond with his mother.
- In 2011, Koena went to Los Angeles to learn cinema after her controversy. She spends four months and a half and devotes some film projects. Two of them are “The Story of Naomi” and “Dark Romance”.
- She entered the girls league to watch at Bollywood after appearing in the song “Saaki Saaki” from the movie “Musafir” (2004).
- She is very religious and a devotee of Goddess Durga and Lord Krishna.
- She inked Chinese characters on the left side of the neck.
- She loves animals and is often seen posting photos with them on her social media accounts.
- In 2019, she participated in the reality show Bigg Boss 13, broadcast on Colors TV.