Keanu Reeves is a well-known Canadian actor and filmmaker with films such as Speed, The Matrix film franchise, John Wick 47, Ronin, The Devil’s Advocate and Constantine. In addition to his acting career, he is also a musician and has played bass for both the Dogstar and Becky bands. He made his directorial debut with the martial arts film Man of Tai Chi in 2013.
Keanu Reeves Biography
Keanu Charles Reeves
The wall, one
Actor, Director, Producer, Musician
Anniversary/date of birth
Keanu Reeves was born on September 2, 1964 in Beirut, Lebanon.
He is currently 55 years old.
Sign of the sun
His ancestors are Chinese, English, Irish, Hawaiian and Portuguese.
Keanu Reeves attended Etobicoke School of the Arts from where he was expelled because of behavioral problems. He then attended De La Salle College.
Later, he was accepted to Avondale Alternative High School, which allowed him to pursue an acting career while studying. He gave up without earning a high school diploma.
- Father – Samuel Nowlin Reeves, Jr. (Geologist)
- Mother – Patricia Taylor (former costume designer and performer)
- Brothers and sisters – Kim Reeves (younger sister), Karina Miller (maternal half-sister), Emma Reeves (younger paternal half-sister)
Keanu Reeves has had several relationships during his acting career. In 1986, he began attending actress Jill Schoelen, but they separated after three years at the end of 1989. In 1991 he briefly passed actress Sofia Coppola and actress Sandra Bullock.
In 1998, Reeves began dating with actress Jennifer Syme, but they erupted a few weeks later when Syme gave birth to her stillborn daughter in 1999. In April 2001, she was killed in a car accident. It was the hardest part he had ever experienced with consecutive tragedies. Reeves, devastated, said in one of his interviews that “sorrow changes shape but never ends.”
He had also attended stars Cameron Diaz, Charlize Theron and Martha Higareda.
Physical statistics of Keanu Reeves
- In feet – 6 feet 1¼ inches
- In centimeters – 186 cm
- In meters – 1.86 m
- In kilograms – 84 kg
- In pounds – 185 lbs
- Intense contemplative gaze
Beginning of the film
Keanu Reeves made his debut with the movie One Step Away in 1985, in which he played Ron Petrie.
His first major role was that of Matt in the 1986 drama River’s Edge, which described how a murder affected a group of teenagers. The film was commercially successful and after that, he began to receive important roles in the films.
Beginning of television
In 1984, Reeves made his first television appearance in Canadian comedy and comedy, Hangin ‘In, in an episode entitled “Happiness is an episode of Warm Grover.”
Keanu has played many important roles throughout his acting career. His notable credits include roles in the Bill and Ted franchise, Devil’s Advocate, Speed, Point Break, the John Wick franchise, The Matrix, Constantine, 47 Ronin and many more.
He has done some approval work for Coco Cola, Kellogg; Corn Flakes and Suntory Reserve Whiskey.
Keanu Reeves Favorites
- Favorite Movies – Stroszek (1977), Mechanical Orange (1971), Apocalypse Now (1979), Taxi Driver (1976), Enter the Dragon (1973), Fist of Legend (1994), Tai Chi Master (1993).
- Favorite Filmmakers – Stanley Kubrick, David Lean, Frank Capra and Martin Scorsese
- Favorite breakfast – Oatmeal flakes with honey, frosted flakes with cold milk, dark chocolate with cappuccino, toast with apricot jam or bacon with banana slices and maple syrup
- Favorite Children’s Books – “Count of Monte Christo” by Alexandre Dumas, “The Lord of the Rings” by J. R. R. Tolkien
- Favorite Teen Books – “The Idiot” by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, “Notes from Underground” by Fyodor Dostoevsky, “The Brothers Karamazov” by Fyodor Dostoevsky
- Favorite Books for Adults – “In Search of Lost Time” by Marcel Proust, “Cosmopolis” by Don Delillo and “The Rabbit Series” by John Updike
- Favorite Beer – Pilsner or Guinness
The net worth of Keanu Reeves
Reeves has a net worth of about $ 350 million. He lives in the Hollywood Hills area of Los Angeles, California.
Social media Profiles
The actor is not on social networks.
What is Keanu Reeves Famous For?
– His roles in Bill and Ted Franchise, Point Break, Speed, John Wick franchise, The Devil’s Advocate, Constantine, The Matrix, Dangerous Liaisons, My Own Private Idaho, Little Buddha, and Bram Stoker’s Dracula.
Who is Keanu Reeves Married to?
He dated Jennifer Syme between 1998 and 2000. They share a child, Ava Archer Syme-Reeves, born in December 1999. They ended their relationship in 2000. He later dated several high-profile celebrities.
He lives in Hollywood Hills, California in the United States.
Keanu Reeves and Artist Alexandra Grant have been dating for years.
Keanu Reeves Facts
His name means “cool breeze on the mountains” in Hawaiian.
Reeves began her professional debut at a very young age, appearing in theatrical productions. His first performance was at Damn Yankees.
At the age of 15, he played Mercutio in a stage production of Romeo and Juliet at the Leah Posluns Theater.
In 1995, People magazine ranked him among the “50 Most Beautiful People in the World”.
In 1997, the British edition of Empire magazine ranked it 23rd in the ranking of “100 best movie stars in the world”.
At school, he excelled in sports rather than in academia. He was MVP on his high school hockey team, where he was a goalkeeper.
Reeves played ice hockey for the California Senior Hockey League in 1995.
He speaks French fluently.
He has been training in martial arts for several months and has learned more than 200 martial arts movements for The Matrix film series.
He received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6801 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on January 31, 2005.
In 2007, he was ranked 28th in the Empire Magazine’s “100 Sexiest Stars in Film History”.
He declined the offer to resume his lead role in Speed 2: Cruise Control, although he was offered $ 11 million. It was his most important to date and he declined the offer in favor of a tour with his band and played the title role in a Hamlet production in Winnipeg, Manitoba, in 1995. at the Manitoba Theater Center.
He made his directorial debut, Man of Tai Chi in 2008.
He directed and starred in the 2012 documentary film, Side by Side.
He is best known for his role as John Wick in the 2014 neo-noir action thriller, John Wick. He later reprised his role as John Wick in John Wick: Chapter 2 and John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum.
Did You Know?
- “Keanu is Sad” or “Sad Keanu” went viral over internet in 2010.
- A Facebook fan page declared 15 June as “Cheer-up Keanu Day”.
- His sister battled leukemia for more than a decade.
- He is an avid motorcyclist.
- Europe’s first Keanu Reeves film festival titled KeanuCon was held in April 2019.
- He also played bass guitar in the alternative rock band Dogstar.