Jill Biden bio: Jill Tracy Jacobs was born in Hammonton, New Jersey, on June 3, 1951. Her father was a bank teller while her mother stayed home full time to care for the family’s five daughters. The oldest of five sisters, she grew up in the Philadelphia suburb of Willow Grove. Prior to marrying Joe, she was married to former college football player Bill Stevenson.
- Joe Biden’s wife is Dr. Jill Biden, who has a doctorate in education.
- She is Joe’s second wife; his first wife, Neilia, died in a car accident.
- Jill was a teacher for much of her life and gave her highly anticipated Democratic National Convention speech from her former classroom.
Jill Biden Bio wiki 2020
|Name||Jill Biden, Dr. Jill Biden|
|Birth Name||Jill Tracy Jacobs|
|Born||June 3, 1951, in Hammonton, New Jersey, USA|
|Age||70 years, 1 months and 30 days|
|Height||5′ 6″ (1.68 m)|
|Spouse(s)||– Bill Stevenson (m. 1970; div. 1975)|
– Joe Biden (m. 1977)
|Education||University of Delaware (BA, EdD)|
West Chester University (MEd)
Villanova University (MA)
Jill is Joe’s second wife.
Joe’s first wife was his college sweetheart, Neilia Biden. Neilia and the couple’s 1-year-old daughter, Naomi, were killed just before Christmas in 1972 when a tractor-trailer slammed into their station wagon, per Biography. Biden’s sons Beau and Hunter were severely injured in the crash as well but ended up recovering.
Becoming A Family
When they did marry, Beau and Hunter, stood by the couple at the altar. The four of them went on the honeymoon together because Joe and Jill felt that all of them were marrying each other and forming a family. Now they were her sons.
Jill Biden Teaching career
Mrs Biden, 69, has spent decades working as a teacher.
As well as a bachelor’s degree, she has two master’s degrees, and a doctorate of education from the University of Delaware in 2007.
Prior to moving to Washington, DC, she taught at a community college, at a public high school and at a psychiatric hospital for adolescents – she gave her address at the Democratic Party’s convention this year from her old classroom at Delaware’s Brandywine High School, where she taught English from 1991 to 1993.
While her husband served as vice-president, Mrs Biden was professor of English at Northern Virginia Community College.
“Teaching is not what I do. It’s who I am,” she tweeted in August.
Jill Biden Politics
Mrs Biden previously held the title of Second Lady while her husband served as vice-president from 2009 to 2017.
During this period, her work included promoting community colleges, advocating for military families and raising awareness about breast cancer prevention.
She also launched the Joining Forces initiative with First Lady Michelle Obama, which included helping military veterans and their families access education programmes and employment resources.
In 2012, she published a children’s book called Don’t Forget, God Bless Our Troops based on her granddaughter’s experience of being in a military family.
She has been a prominent supporter of her husband during the 2020 campaign, appearing alongside him and holding events and fundraisers.
Jill Biden some unknown Facts
- While growing up, Jill moved around a lot, eventually settling in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania. She spent most of her childhood there and adopted a slight Philly accent as well as a lifelong love for local sports teams.
- When she was 15, she started her first job as a waitress. “From an early age, I knew I wanted my own money, my own identity, my own career,” she told Vogue in 2008.
- In 1971, Jill married Bill Stevenson, a former college football player whom she met the summer before graduating high school.
- In 1972, she and Stevenson opened the Stone Balloon Tavern and Concert Hall by the University of Delaware. It would go on to become one of the country’s most successful college bars.
- By 1975, she and Stevenson had drifted apart and filed for divorce that year. She was in her junior year at the time, and decided to take the year off: “Things were a little too rough, too emotional. But I knew I would finish,” she said.
- At the time, Joe Biden was a 33-year-old Delaware senator, widowed after a horrific car accident three years prior killed his wife Neilia and one-year-old daughter, Naomi.
- Despite the fact that Joe Biden was nine years older and had two children, he and Jill had an instant connection and fell in love quickly.
- they married in an intimate ceremony in New York on June 17, 1977. The couple took the Biden sons on their honeymoon.
- Jill was always wary of the spotlight, didn’t like politics, and wanted to make sure that she could still focus on her own ambitions.
- in 2004 when President George W. Bush was reelected. Then Jill urged Joe to run for president again because she was “so against” the 2003 Iraq war.
- At the age of 55, she earned a doctorate in education under her maiden name — Jill Jacobs — at the University of Delaware in 2007.