Grimes is a singer, songwriter, record producer and Canadian visual artist. Grimes began publishing music independently in the late 2000s, publishing two albums, Geidi Primes and Halfaxa in 2010 on Arbutus Records. She then signed with 4AD and made it famous with the release of his third studio album Visionsin 2012. He produced the singles Genesis and Oblivion and received the Juno Award for Best Electronic Album of the Year. Her fourth studio album Art Angels has received public acclaim and has been named the best album of the year by several publications.
Claire Elise Boucher
Singer, composer, record producer, visual artist
Synthpop, Pop Art, Electronic, Pop Experimental, Dream Pop
Voice, Keyboard, Guitar, Bass, Drums, Violin, Ukulele, Sampler, Synthesizer
Arbutus, 4AD, Roc Nation
Anniversary / Date of birth
Grimes was born on March 17, 1988 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
She is currently 31 years old.
Sign of the sun
She is of Ukrainian, Russian, Italian and Quebec ancestry.
Grimes attended Lord Byng Secondary School from where she then graduated. In 2006, Boucher moved from Vancouver to Montreal to attend McGill Universitybut left school early in 2011 before finishing school.
- Father – Unknown (executive in a biotechnology company)
- Mother – Sandy Garossino (Crown Attorney and Editor-in-Chief of the Vancouver Observer, an online publication)
- Brothers and sisters – Jay Worthy (half-brother)
Boyfriend / spouse
Grimes dated –
Grimes has largely chosen to keep his private life away from the public, which prevents us from saying anything about his love life and his dating history.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 meters
- In kilograms – 50 kg
- In pounds – 110 lbs
- Measurements – 30-23-32
- Chest – 30 inches
- Cut – 23 inches
- hip – 32 inches
- Bra size – 30A
She is wearing a shoe size 7 (US).
The size of the dress
Her dress size is 3 (US).
His studio album Visions (2012) and his singles Genesis and Oblivion.
In 2012, Grimes appeared in the role of St. Boniface in the comedy short film Tabula Rasa.
Start of the album
In 2010, Boucher's debut album Grimes, Geidi Primes, a concept album inspired by the Dune series, was released on tape by Arbutus Records.
In 2012, Grimes made an appearance in an episode of the musical talk show Later … With Jools Holland.
She served as a face to Stella McCartney's POP perfume. She has also posted an ad for Expedia.
Awards and nominations
|2012||Rober Awards Music Poll||Best female artist||Grimes||Won|
|Best pop artist||Won|
|UK Music Video Awards||Best Alternative Video – International||Oversight||Appointed|
|Antville Music Video Awards||Video of the year||Appointed|
|Polaris Music Award||Best Canadian Album of 2012||visions||Appointed|
|2013||Juno Award||Electronic album of the year||Won|
|Breakthrough artist of the year||Grimes||Won|
|Webby Awards||Artist of the year||Won|
|NME Award||Best international artist||Appointed|
|MuchMusic Video Award||Dance video of the year||Genesis||Appointed|
|2014||NME Award||Best group blog or Twitter||Grimes||Appointed|
|2015||Rober Awards Music Poll||Best female artist||Appointed|
|Best pop artist||Won|
|Song of the year||Kill V. Maim||Appointed|
|Album of the year||Angels of art||Appointed|
|MuchMusic Video Award||Video of the year||Go||Appointed|
|2016||Video of the year||Flesh without blood||Appointed|
|International Dance Music Awards||Best alternative dance / indie rock track||Appointed|
|Best breakthrough artist (solo)||Grimes||Appointed|
|Bazaar of women of the year||Musician of the year 2016||Won|
|A2IM Libera Award||Video of the year||Kill V. Maim||Won|
|Polaris Music Award||Best Canadian Album of 2016||Angels of art||Appointed|
|2017||Webby Awards||Film and Video Online – Music||Appointed|
|Juno Award||Alternative album of the year||Appointed|
|Set of recording of the year (artistic director)||Appointed|
|Video of the year (Director)||Kill V. Maim||Won|
|Canadian Independent Music Award||Single of the year||Flesh without blood||Appointed|
|IHeartRadio Much Music Video Award||Best EDM / Dance Video||Venus fly||Won|
|Best pop video||Appointed|
|Fan Fave Video||Appointed|
|2018||Juno Award||Video of the year||Won|
- Favorite City – Los Angeles (L.A.)
- Favorite drink- Vodka and water with pickle
- Favorite color – Red purple
Grimes net worth
Grimes has a net worth estimated at $ 4 million dollars from 2019.
Social media profiles
Some lesser known facts about Grimes
- For 11 years, Grimes attended ballet classes.
- At the age of 18, she moved to Montreal, Quebec.
- She started her music career at college in 2007.
- In 2009, Boucher and a friend attempted to descend from Minneapolis to New Orleans along the Mississippi River in a barge that they built.
- In 2010, Grimes released a new album called Halfaxa.
- In 2011, she collaborated with DJ / producer Blood Diamonds.
- She signed an agreement with the 4AD label in January 2012.
- On January 31, 2012, Grimes released his third album Visions.
- In April 2013, Boucher published a statement describing her experience as a musician in a sexist industry and expressed her disappointment that her feminist position was often interpreted as anti-masculine.
- On December 17, 2013, Boucher wrote to her Tumblr that she had used the services of Jay Z's management company, Roc Nation.
- On June 26, 2014, Grimes created his new song Go, produced by and starring Blood Diamonds. It was a piece that had been written for and rejected by Rihanna and premiered on Zane Lowe's radio show 1. Rolling Stone has ranked number 14 on its list of best songs of 2014.
- In 2014, Claire admitted to having used drugs and alcohol, which made her lose a lot of friends.
- She and her half-brother Jay Worthy composed the song Christmas Song together.
- On March 15, 2015, Grimes and Bleachers released their "Entropy" collaboration for the HBO Girls TV show.
- In 2017, Grimes won the JUNO Video Award of the Year, starring Kill V. Maim.
- On February 2, 2017, Grimes presented Tidal with Venus Fly's high-budget futuristic music video featuring Janelle Monáe.
- On October 31, 2018, Grimes appeared in Poppy's Play Destroy on her album Am I a Girl? The collaboration was evoked in May 2018 through a series of publications on Instagram of the two artists.
- March 19, 2019, Grimes announced via Instagram that her new album will be titled Miss_Anthropocene and will be a concept album on the anthropomorphic goddess of climate change … and that each song will be a different incarnation of human extinction as described by a pop star , Demonology.
- Visit the official Grimes @ website grimesmusic.com.