Freida Pinto is an Indian actress who works mainly in American and British films. She took on importance with her first film "Slumdog Millionaire."
Wiki / Biography
Freida Pinto was born on Thursday, October 18, 1984 (35 years; as in 2019) in Mumbai. His zodiac sign is Libra.
She studied at the Carmel of St. Joseph School in Mumbai and went to St. Xavier's College to pursue arts studies with a major in English literature and a minor in psychology and economics. She developed an interest in acting very young and is often dressed as an actress and imitated in her childhood. In 1994, after witnessing Sushmita Sen's victory in Miss Universe, Freida made the firm decision to continue her acting career. At college, she actively participated in the theater. She declined modeling and modeling assignments until she graduated. because she wanted to finish her studies before starting her career. After graduating, Freida joined Elite Model Management India and worked as a model for nearly two and a half years.
Height (approximately): 5 '5 "
Hair color: Black
Eye colour: Hazelnut
Family, caste and husband
Freida Pinto belongs to a Mangaloree Catholic Family. His father, Frederick Pinto, is branch manager at Bank of Baroda. His mother, Sylvia Pinto, is the principal of St. John's Universal School in Goregaon, Mumbai. She has an older sister, Sharon Pinto, who works as a news producer at NDTV.
Freida had a relationship with Rohan Antao (who had been her journalist at one point) since 2003 and the duo became engaged in December 2007. The couple canceled their engagement in 2009, following the success of the movie "Slumdog Millionaire" of Pinto. an interview, she revealed,
I was engaged to the actor Rohan Antao, but we separated at the end of last year. Things are happening and you have to learn how to handle them. "
In 2009, Freida formed a relationship with Dev Coel, co-star of Slumdog Millionaire. They attended for about 6 years and then canceled their relationship.
Pinto, then Ronnie Bacardi (polo player) with a moment.
In 2017, Freida began dating the photographer, Cory Tran. The couple is engaged in 2019.
Freida began her career as a model by presenting in TV commercials brands like "Skoda", "Airtel", "Vodafone India", "Wrigley's Chewing Gum" and "eBay". At the same time, she began giving auditions to various television shows. and movies. In 2006, she was selected to host the "Full Circle" international travel show, broadcast on Zee International Asia Pacific. During the show, Pinto traveled the world, including Fiji, Afghanistan, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore.
(embed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK0uZBcEM4k (/ embed)
Subsequently, she auditioned for many Bollywood and Hollywood films but was not selected in any of them. In 2007, she and six other models were auditioned by her modeling agency for the role of lead actress in the British drama Slumdog Millionaire. Freida interpreted the role of the film in Dev Patel.
(embed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWOOC7NZJTA (/ embed)
Then she played in "You're going to meet a tall, dark stranger," a comedy drama by Woody Allen. In 2010, she appeared in the movie "Miral". Subsequently, she starred in such films as "Increasing the Planet of the Apes," "Trishna," "The Day of the Falcon," and "Immortals."
In 2013, Freida appeared in the music video of Bruno Mars "Gorilla". Indian media criticized him for appearing in the video. The same year, Pinto appeared in the documentary film "Girl Rising". She then appeared in the movie "Desert Dancer". In 2018, Freida appeared in the Indian drama "Love Sonia" alongside Mrunal Thakur.
Freida has also appeared on the cover of various magazines such as "ELLE India" and "Vanity Fair".
As a philanthropist
In 2012, Freida joined Plan International's "Because I'm a Girl" campaign as a global ambassador, promoting gender equality to lift millions of girls out of poverty. In 2013, she appeared in a video clip of Gucci's "Chime for Change" campaign to raise funds and raise awareness of women's issues in education, health and justice. In April 2013, she worked with United Nations Secretary-General Ban-Ki-Moon and World Bank President Jim Yong Kim on the Girl Rising Call for Action campaign. . In July 2014, she spoke at the London Girls' Summit, where she called for more progress towards ending female genital mutilation and child marriage. In February 2016, she joined "We Do It Together", a non-profit organization. This organization finances documentaries, films and television series that promote the empowerment of women.
- In 2011, Freida's clear skin tone in L'Oréal Paris advertising was controversial as people thought it was racial discrimination. Although the cosmetics brand denied the allegations and said "fairness" was a result of the light effect of the product, Pinto said it was convinced otherwise.
- In 2017, Freida was moved to tears after being criticized for her casting in the British television series Guerilla. It happened that during a special screening session of the series, a panel confronted her about the "erasure" of black women in her series.
- Exceptional Performance Award at the Palm Springs International Film Festival for Slumdog Millionaire (2008)
- Outstanding performance of a cast in a Screen Actors Guild Awards for Slumdog Millionaire (2008)
Salary / Income
Freida earns about 2 million pounds (about 18.5 million rupees) a year.
- Food: Vada Pav, roasted chicken curry, mango seafood, Paani Puri, Sevpuri
- Desserts) Dark chocolates, Rasmalai
- Fashion designers): Varun Bahl, Salvatore Ferragamo
- Perfume) Coco Chanel, Jo Malone, Wild Fig & Cassis, Jo Malon
- Training (s): Yoga, Cardio, Swimming, Pilates, Stretching
- The holiday destinations): India (northwestern parts, especially Kashmir)
- Novel: Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling
- Colors): Orange, green, pink
- Brand of the bag: Lady Dior, Bandana Chanel
- His hobbies include watching movies, listening to music, playing tennis and reading books.
- She is a classical salsa and Indian dancer.
- Pinto follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Freida learned drama at Barry John's drama school in Mumbai.
- Frieda is good friends with Indo-American actor Siddharth Mallya.
- Although she had always wanted to pursue a career in theater, she was not sure of the way to realize her dreams before watching the movie "Monster" in 2003. She said in an interview that
I guess that was when I watched Monster … I knew it pretty well. I had to find a way. I had to do something like that, something completely transformational. "
- Pinto revealed on the set of 'Koffee with Karan' that she auditioned for the role of one of the hockey players of the movie 'Chak De! & # 39; India ", but she could not do it because the filming of her movie" Slumdog Millionaire "was taking place at the same time.
- During an interview, Freida revealed that she had been repeatedly rejected for Indian commercials, saying that she did not look Indian.
- In 2009, Freida featured in People Magazine's "list of the most beautiful people" and in the "World's Best Dressed Women List".
- That same year, she was named to Vogue's "Ten Most Stylish Women" list.
- In an interview, Freida admitted that she did not like to look in the mirror. She said,
It's not necessarily the way I see myself. In fact, I do not even like to look at myself in the mirror. But I'm aware of the perception and I always say that if it's because of this line in "Slumdog …" where Latika is described as "the most beautiful girl in the world", then I have to do everything I can to change this perception. "
- His friends and family affectionately call him Fro.
- She loves dogs and often shares her photos with dogs via her Instagram account.