Florence welch is an English musician, singer, songwriter, producer and poet. She is the singer and songwriter of the independent rock band Florence and the Machine. Lungs, the first album of Florence and the Machine, was released in 2009 on January 17, 2010. It reached first place in the UK after being on the list for 28 consecutive weeks. Lungs won the Brit Award for best British album in 2010. His second studio album, Ceremonials, released in October 2011, made his debut at number 1 in the UK and sixth in the US. The band’s third album, How Big, How Blue, was released in 2015 as a result of positive criticism from critics, and dominated the UK and US charts.
Florence Leontine Mary Welch
Flo, Flossy, Floaty
Singer, composer, musician
Singing, Percussion, Piano
Moshi Moshi, Iamsound Island, Republic Records, Republic Records
Welch has American and British citizenship.
Anniversary / Date of birth
Florence Welch was born on August 28, 1986 in London, UK.
She is currently 33 years old.
Sign of the sun
She has Scottish ancestors on her father’s side.
Florence attended Thomas’s London Day School and then Alleyn’s School, South East London. Later, she enrolled in Camberwell College of Arts but abandoned in the middle to focus on his musical activities.
- Father – Nicholas Russell “Nick” Welch (Director of Advertising)
- Mother – Evelyn Welch (nee Evelyn Kathleen Samuels) (was a professor of Renaissance Studies at King’s College London)
- Brothers and sisters – J.J. Welch (younger brother), Grace Welch (younger sister)
Boyfriend / spouse
Florence Welch is out –
- Stuart Hammond (2008-2011) – Florence and the literary publisher Stuart Hammond had romantic relationships. They also separated briefly in 2009. Finally, in 2011, after a mutual decision, the couple separated amicably due to conflicting career requirements.
- James Nesbitt (2012) – In January 2012, she started dating a special effects specialist, James Nesbitt. The relationship was short lived.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 meters
- In kilograms – 58 kg
- In pounds – 128 lbs
- Measurements – 33-24-34
- Chest – 33 inches
- Cut – 24 inches
- hip – 34 inches
- Bra size – 32A
The size of the dress
Her dress size is 3 (US).
She is wearing a shoe size 9 (US).
Be the singer of the independent rock band Florence + the Machine.
In 2016, Welch made his film debut playing in the musical drama Weightless.
Start of the album
On July 3, 2009, Florence and the Machine’s debut studio album Lungs was released in the UK by Island Records. He made his debut in second place in the British album charts and, after staying in the top 40 for 28 consecutive weeks, peaked in first place on January 17, 2010. He also won first place in Billboard Heatseekers Albums . culminated in 3rd place in the US Top Rock Albums (Billboard) charts.
In October 2009, Kamala Harris made her first appearance on a TV show in the talk show News, Hannity.
She appeared in the Dominic Jones Jewelery commercial.
Awards and nominations
|2009||British prices||Critics’ Choice Award||Florence welch||Won|
|2010||NME Award||Better dressed||Florence welch||Appointed|
|2011||Virgin Media Music Award||Best Live Act||Appointed|
|Shameless advertising researcher||Appointed|
|2012||MP3 Music Rewards||HDT price||“Sweet Nothing” (featuring Calvin Harris)||Appointed|
|2013||British Fashion Awards||Best British style||Florence welch||Appointed|
|NME Award||Dancefloor Anthem||“Sweet Nothing” (featuring Calvin Harris)||Won|
|MTV Video Music Awards Japan||Best collaboration||Appointed|
|MTV Video Music Awards||Best editing||Appointed|
|Billboard Music Awards||Top song EDM||Appointed|
|2014||Grammy Awards||Best dance recording||Appointed|
|iHeartRadio Music Awards||EDM song of the year||Appointed|
|World Music Awards||Best song of the world||Appointed|
|Best video of the world||Appointed|
|Best female artist in the world||Florence welch||Appointed|
|Best Live Act of the World||Appointed|
|2016||Grammy Awards||Best rock song||“What kind of man”||Appointed|
|2017||Ivor Novello Award||International realization||Florence welch||Won|
|2018||Mercury price||Album of the year||High as the hope||Appointed|
Florence Welch Favorite
- Favorite movies – The cockettes (2002)
- Favorite Candy – Swedish fish
- Favorite song – Total eclipse of Bonnie Tyler’s heart
- Favorite song of all time – Try a little tenderness by Otis Redding
- Favorite Artists – Ed Ruscha, Twombly Cy, Alberto Giacometti, Pablo Picasso
Florence Welch a net worth
Florence Welch has a net worth estimated at $ 15 million dollars from 2019.
Social media profiles
Some lesser known facts about Florence Welch
- In her childhood, she sang at weddings and funerals.
- Her grandmother died at the age of 14. She was an art historian who had suffered from bipolar illness.
- She is a good friend with Taylor Swift and Blake Lively.
- On February 27, 2011, Welch replaced Dido, a pregnant woman, and performed her part of the song nominated for best original song If I Rise (127 hours) with A. R. Rahman at the 83rd Academy Awards.
- In October 2012, she appeared on the song Sweet Nothing, by Scottish singer-songwriter and producer Calvin Harris, who made his debut at the top of the British singles chart, scoring Welch’s second number one.
- In 2015, Welch broke his foot after jumping off the scene at the Coachella festival.
- In February 2015, Florence + The Machine announced the release of its third album, How Big, How Blue, which has achieved first place in many markets, including the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia and in Canada. The record has resulted in two of the 40 biggest British hits and three Grammy nominations.
- In 2016, Welch expressed his support for Rest in the referendum on the EU about this question.
- In March 2017, Welch appeared in Song to Song directed by Terrence Malick.
- In May 2017, Welch wrote a song called To Be Human on the soundtrack of Wonder Woman. Co-written with Rick Nowels, the song is performed by Sia and Labrinth in the film’s soundtrack.
- In 2018, Welch published a book called Useless Magic, a collection of lyrics and poems written by Welch, with illustrations.
- On May 22, 2018, Florence Welch played a duet with Mick Jagger at the London Stadium during the Rolling Stones’ no-filter tour. They sang Wild Horses.
On June 29, 2018, the fourth studio album of the band High as Hope came out.
- In July 2018, Welch published his first book Useless Magic: Lyrics and Poetry.
- In 2019, she plays Jenny of Oldstones, a song appearing in George RR Martin’s novel A Song of Ice and Fire, in Episode 2 of Season 8 of the fantasy series Game of Thrones, which became viral and compelling. millions of views.
- Visit the official website of his group @ florenceandthemachine.net.