Diljit Dosanjh is an Indian singer, actor, TV presenter and social media celebrity who works in Punjabi and Hindi cinema. He is recognized as one of the most prominent artists of the Indian music industry. He also plays in Punjabi films, many of which are notable hits, including Jatt & Juliet, Jatt & Juliet 2, Punjab 1984, Sardaar Ji, Ambarsariya, Sardaar Ji 2, Super Singh, Soorma, Sajjan Singh Rangroot and Shadaa, who make Part of the most successful Punjabi movies in history. His first recorded performance was his solo piece and Ishq Da Uda Ada clip from his 2004 album produced by Finetone Cassettes. He made his Bollywood debut with Udta Punjab in 2016 for which he won the Filmfare Award for best male debut.
Daljit Singh Dosanjh
Singer, actor, TV presenter, Internet personality
Punjabi, Bhangra, Romantic, Pop, Sikh
Speed Records, Dharam Seva, Moviebox Records, Finetone Cassettes, T Series, Famous Studios
Anniversary / Date of birth
Diljit Dosanjh was born on January 6, 1984 in Dosanjh Kalan, Punjab, India.
He is currently 35 years old.
Ludhiana, Punjab, India
Sign of the sun
He is of Punjabi origin.
Diljit Dosanjh was present Shri Guru Harkrishan Public School in Ludhiana, from where he completed his studies, including his high school diploma.
- Father – Balbir Singh (he worked with Punjab Roadways)
- Mother – Sukhwinder Kaur
- Brothers and sisters – Manjeet Singh (younger brother). He also has an older sister.
Girlfriend / spouse
Diljit Dosanjh from –
- Sandeep Kaur (2017-Present) – Many of his fans might not know that Diljit is a married man. His marriage became public in 2017 when it was reported that his marriage was in trouble because of his success in Bollywood, as the intensification of work in Mumbai had resulted in a breakdown of communication between Diljit and his wife.
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 178 cm
- In meters – 1.78 meters
- In kilograms – 72 kg
- In pounds – 159 lbs
His body statistics are not known.
He is wearing a shoe size 10.5 (US).
He is one of the most successful artists in the Punjabi music industry and has starred in popular films such as Jatt & Juliet and Sardaar Ji.
In 2000, he released his first studio album, Ishq Da Uda Adaa.
In 2010, he made his film debut in the romantic drama Mel Karade Rabba in a special appearance. In 2016, he made his Bollywood debut in the film Udta Punjab for his role as Sartaaj Singh, a role that earned him the Filmfare Award for best male debut.
In 2010, Diljit Dosanjh made his first appearance on television, Awaaz Punjab Di. He co-hosted the show with Divya Dutta.
In 2015, Diljit was named Coco-Cola and Flipkart brand ambassador. He was named ambassador of season 4 of Star Sports Pro Kabbadi alongside Rana Daggubati and Puneeth Rajkumar.
Awards and nominations
Diljit Dosanjh Favorite
- Favorite actors – Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh
- Favorite actresses – Kareena Kapoor, Deepika Padukone, Alia Bhatt
- Favorite singers – Gurdas Maan, Kuldeep Manak, Arijit Singh, Sunidhi Chauhan
- Favorite subject at school – Punjabi
- Favorite Director – Anurag Singh
- Favorite Punjabi Actor – Gurdas Maan
- Favorite TV shows – Shaktiman, Chandrakanta, Ramayana
- Favorite fashion brand – Tom Ford
Diljit Dosanjh net worth
Diljit Dosanjh has a net worth estimated at $ 16 million dollars from 2019.
Social media profiles
Some lesser known facts about Diljit Dosanjh
- He started playing Kirtan in local gurdwaras during his school years.
- He gave his first show on a village in order to get the audience involved because Master Saleem was late for his performance.
- Diljit Dosanjh has launched an NGO, the Saanjh Foundation, which targets disadvantaged children and elderly people and contributes to orphanages and homes for the elderly on its thirtieth birthday.
- He is especially associated with Finetone Cassettes, a division of T-Series for his music.
- His decisive films were Jatt & Juliet, Jatt & Juliet 2, Punjab 1984, Sardaar Ji, Ambarsariya, Sardaar Ji 2, Udta Punjab and Super Sing. All the films made the headlines at the box office.
- He is a big fan of American television personality Kylie Jenner and is often seen commenting on his posts on various social media.
- In 2004, his second album Dil came out, which was again with Finetone Cassettes.
- Diljit's popular song, Proper Patola, is the first Punjabi song to appear on Vevo.
- On his birthday, in 2013, he created the non-profit organization Saanjh Foundation, which aims to help the elderly and underprivileged children by supporting orphanages and retirement homes.
- In 2017, Diljit Dosanjh won the Golden Petal Colors Award for Best Icon of the Year.
- In 2018, he described the role of the famous international hockey player Sandeep Singh in his biopic Soorma.
- In 2019, Diljit is to appear in the Kaneda film produced by Andeka Sharma and directed by Navdeep Singh.
- Visit his official website @ diljitdosanjh.co.