Devendra Fadnavis is an Indian BJP politician. He served as Chief Minister of Maharashtra from 2014 to 2018.
Wiki / Biography
He was born on Wednesday, July 22, 2019 (49 years old, as in 2019) in Nagpur, Maharashtra. His zodiac sign is Leo. He was educated at the New Indira Monastery, Saraswati Vidyala and Dharampeth Junior College in Nagpur, Maharashtra. In 1992, he obtained a Bachelor of Law degree from the Government Law College of Nagpur. He has a postgraduate degree in Business Management and a Diploma in Project Management Methods and Techniques from the Dahlem School of Education in Germany.
Height (approximately): 5 "9"
Eye colour: Black
Hair color: Black
Family, caste and wife
Devendra Fadnavis belongs to a family of Brahmins. His father, Gangadharrao Fadnavis was a prominent politician from Maharashtra. His mother, Sarita Fadnavis, was the director of the Vidarbha Housing Credit Society. His older brother, Ashish Fadnavis, is a businessman.
On November 17, 2005, he married Amruta Fadnavis, bank manager, social activist and singer. They have a daughter together, Divija Fadnavis.
Devendra Fadnavis joined Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) in the mid-nineties. When Fadnavis was in college, he was an active member of the BJP and was affiliated with the ABVP. In 1989, he was president of the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM). In 1990, he participated in his first municipal elections in the Ram Nagar district of Nagpur. He won the municipal elections and was named the youngest corporator of the Nagpur Municipal Corporation at age 22. In 1994, the BJYM appointed him Vice President of the State. In 1997, he was elected mayor of Nagpur.
In 1999, Fadnavis won for the first time elections to the Maharashtra Assembly from the Nagpur West headquarters. In 2001, he was appointed National Vice President of the BJYM. In 2004, he was re-elected deputy head of Nagpur West. In 2009, he was elected MP of the newly formed headquarters of Nagpur South West, after delimitation. In 2014, the BJP appointed Fadnavis as the leader of the Maharashtra Legislative Party.
In 2014, he was elected deputy head of Nagpur in the south-west of the country, and appointed 18th chief minister of Maharashtra. In 2019, he was re-elected deputy from the southwestern headquarters of Nagpur. On November 8, 2019, he resigned from his post as Chief Minister of Maharashtra following a disagreement with Shiv Sena over headquarter discussions.
- On April 2, 2016, Fadnavis was addressing a rally in Nashik and said that any Indian who did not sing "Bharat Mata Ki Jai" had to travel to Pakistan or China. He had to face many negative reactions from all factions of society. Later, he said that his statement was not described in the way it was meant to be and had nothing to do with religion.
- In October 2016, the photo of Fadnavis with a criminal became viral on social media. The criminal Baba Bodke has been charged with four murders. His office ended up saying that a lady who had gone to her office to invite Fadnavis to attend an event had brought Baba with her and Fadnavis did not even know that Baba was a criminal.
- In February 2018, he and his wife appeared in a video clip to promote conversation on the river. Sonu Nigam and his wife, Amruta Fadnavis, were the singers, and Devendra Fadnavis, Mumbai City Commissioner Ajoy Mehta, Police Commissioner Datta Padsalgikar, and Federal Minister of Forests Sudhir Mungantiwar were synchronizing their lips and dancing. in the video. The opposition criticized the video and said that a person representing the government should not appear in video clips. However, Fadnavis has defended itself by saying that it was for a good cause and that the criticisms it faces are unjustified.
- Sweet dish: Modak and Puranpoli
Collection of cars
Devendra Fadnavis is the owner of a Mahindra XUV 500 (2012 model)
Assets / Properties (as in 2019)
- Bank deposits: 7.01 INR lakes
- Jewelry: 450 g of gold jewelery worth 17.40 INR lakes
- Agricultural land: 5 lands worth 57 INR lakes
- Residential building: 2 plots in Dharampeth, Nagpur worth INR 2.44 crores
Facts / Trivia
- His father was a member of the Maharashtra Legislative Council in Nagpur.
- His father died when he was 17 years old.
- Nitin Gadkari calls his father as his guru. Devendra's father, Gangadharrao Fadnavis, had mentored Gadkari during his early years as a politician.
- Devendra Fadnavis had to play politics after his father's death. He joined politics and his brother started working to support the family.
- He is also a member of RSS.
- Gopinath Munde regarded Fadnavis as a young and dynamic leader, and he also brought Fadnavis into the spotlight.
- On October 31, 2014, Fadnavis became the second youngest Chief Minister of Maharashtra at the age of 44. NCP leader Sharad Pawar is the youngest person ever to be sworn in as a Maharashtra CM at 38 years old.