Cuba Gooding Jr. He is an American actor, writer, producer and director popularly known for his innovative role as Tre Styles in the 1991 film "Boyz n the Hood." Gooding also won an "Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor" for his role as Rod Tidwell in the film. "Jerry Maguire." Gooding has also portrayed O.J. Simpson in the drama television series FX, "The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story."
Why is Cuba Gooding Jr famous?
- Famous as one of the best paid prolific actors.
- Also known as Tre Styles in the 1991 film, "Boyz n the Hood".
Source: @ losangeles.cbslocal.com
When and where was Cuba Gooding Jr born?
Cuba Gooding Jr. was born on January 2, 1968 in The Bronx, New York, United States. His birth name is Cuba Mary Gooding Jr. His nationality is American. Gooding Jr. belongs to the African-American ethnicity, while it is his zodiac sign.
Cuba Gooding Jr. was born in a family of popular singers, since his father, Cuba Gooding Sr., was lead vocalist for the soul group "The Main Ingredient" and his mother, Shirley Sullivan, is also a singer and worked with "The Sweethearts ". "Gooding Jr. was raised in Los Angeles and his mother along with his three brothers: an April daughter and two brothers Omar and Thomas after his father left the family. Omar is also a popular actor, rapper and comedian.
Cuba attended four different high schools, first, attended North Hollywood High School, then Tustin High School and then transferred to Apple Valley High School, and finally graduated from John F. Kennedy High School.
Cuba served as president of the class in three of the high schools he attended. After high school, he developed an interest in Japanese martial arts and spent three years studying them, before concentrating on acting.
Gooding Jr. soon began studying Japanese martial arts for three years. In addition, Cuba became a born-again Christian at the age of 13. He first worked as a breakdance dancer where he performed with singer Lionel Richie at the 1984 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
Source: @ pagesix.com
The best of Cuba Gooding Jr.
- Gooding Jr. began his career as a professional actor with guest roles on shows such as "Hill Street Blues" (1981), "Amen" (1988) and "MacGyver" for three years (1988, 1989, 1990).
- In 1991, he got his first decisive role as Tre Styles in John Singleton's criminal drama, "Boyz n the Hood."
- Gooding appeared in films such as "A Few Good Men" (1992), "Judgment Night" (1993), "Lightning Jack" (1994) and "Outbreak" (1995).
- In 1996, Gooding won a charismatic role as a soccer player in Cameron Crowe's hit film "Jerry Maguire" alongside Tom Cruise. The role earned him an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor.
- Gooding continued his decisive role in the film, "As good as it gets" (1997), "What Dreams May Come" (1998) and "Men of Honor" (2000).
- Gooding gained more attention for his roles in films such as "Pearl Harbor", "Rat Race", "The Fighting Temptations", "Radio", "Snow Dogs", "American Gangster", "Lies & Illusions" and "The Hit" . List".
- Gooding was much appreciated for his role as Ben Carson in the biopic, "Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story" in 2009.
- He then appeared with his role in the 2012 World War II movie, "Red Tails" and in the historical drama, "Selma" (2014).
- In 2012, Gooding starred in a television pilot for Fox.
- One of Gooding's most important roles was in the movie "The Butler" in 2013.
- Shortly after he appeared in television series and shows like "Big Time in Hollywood, FL" and "Firelight".
- Gooding appeared as O. J. Simpson in the popular anthology series "American Crime Story: The People v. O. J. Simpson" in 2016.
- His first directorial debut, "Bayou Caviar" was released on October 5, 2018.
- In 2002, Gooding received a star on the "Hollywood Walk of Fame."
Source: @ variety.com
Who is Cuba Gooding Jr married to?
Cuba Gooding Jr. is currently single. Gooding was married to his high school girlfriend, Sara Kapfer. The couple married in 1994 and together they were blessed with three children: two sons Spencer and Mason and a daughter named Piper. However, after 20 years of marriage, Kapfer requested legal separation from Gooding and finally divorced in January 2017.
Gooding was accused of touching with force and third-degree sexual abuse in New York City on June 13, 2019, and on October 10, 2019, he was charged with an additional charge for sexual abuse. However, on October 15, 2019, he pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Source: @ popsugar.com
What is the net worth of Cuba Gooding Jr?
Cuba Gooding Jr. has achieved a great gain throughout his career mainly as an actor. Gooding has managed to accumulate a large fortune of the amount in millions of dollars through his several hit movies and television shows and series. Gooding enjoys his fortune, which is estimated at around $ 24 million.
Gooding had a salary of $ 600k for "Jerry Maguire", $ 1 million for "What Dreams May Come" and more than $ 2 million for "Instinct." With all the fortune in millions of dollars, Gooding has been living a luxurious and luxurious lifestyle at his home based in Pacific Palisades, Los Angeles, worth $ 10 million.
How tall is Cuba Gooding Jr?
The 51-year-old actor, Cuba Gooding Jr., has a maintained male body physique. Gooding stands out with a height of 5 feet. 10 inches (1.78 m) while your body weighs about 81 kg (179 lbs). It has a shoe size of 10 (US). Gooding has a dark complexion with black hair and dark brown eyes.