Santos Saul Alvarez Barragan famous as Canelo Alvarez He is a professional Mexican boxer. He gained fame and his name made rounds throughout the world due to his excellent multiple winning streaks and achievements in numerous world championships. He is a three-peso world champion who has had the unified titles of the WBA (Super), the WBC, The Ring magazine and the linear middleweight titles since 2018, the IBF middleweight title from May to August. 2019 and the WBA super middleweight title (Regular) since December 2018. In addition, it held the WBA (Unified), WBC and Ring light middleweight titles between 2011 and 2013; the WBC, The Ring and the linear middleweight titles between 2015 and 2018, and the WBO light middleweight title from 2016 to 2017 previously. He also reached the top as the best active middleweight in the world for BoxRec and was also recognized by the Transitional Boxing Classification Boards (TBRB). Recently, he defeated Sergey Kovalev. In general, he is a very talented boxer.
Canelo's fight against Kovalev: Álvarez stuns with a cruel TKO in the 11th round
A fight closed for 10 rounds ended with Canelo doing the job once again in Las Vegas. The search for the history of Canelo Álvarez led him, two divisions, to the north on Saturday, where the biggest world star of the sport achieved a spectacular knockout in his light heavyweight debut. Álvarez (53-1-2, 36 KOs) overcame a solid technical performance by WBO champion Sergey Kovalev (34-4-1, 29 KOs) to score an outstanding final in Round 11 with a two-stroke combo that left the Russian slug collapsed against the ropes. Alvarez, 29, also became the fourth Mexican boxer to win titles in four weight categories. "I am very grateful," Alvarez said. "This is just one step in my career and my history, and all I ask is that you be patient because Canelo will make history. That is guaranteed." The final came with the fight seemingly at stake in Round 11 when a tough combination pushed Kovalev back to the ropes and Alvarez finished off his 36-year-old opponent with a left hook and a right cross that dropped him on the ropes. Referee Russell Mora immediately left the fight at 2:15. With the victory, Álvarez has defended the top spot on most of the pound for pound lists. This limits a 12-month period in which he has captured a secondary super middleweight title, unified belts at 160 pounds and won a light heavyweight title.
What time does Canelo vs. Kovalev?
The Canelo-Kovalev billboard will begin at 6:30 p.m. MGM Grand Garden Arena ET in Las Vegas. The main card will continue at 9 p.m. ET. The fight between Canelo and Kovalev is expected to begin around 12:15 a.m.
- For winning multiple world championships and having numerous titles, including the unified titles WBA (Super), WBC, Ring Magazine, Linear Middleweight and IBF Middleweight.
Who are the parents and brothers of Canelo Alvarez?
On July 18, 1990, Canelo Alvarez was born as Santos Saul Alvarez Barragán. "Canelo" in Spanish is the masculine word for cinnamon, which is a common nickname for people with red hair. He experienced his childhood in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico. By nationality, he is Mexican and his ethnic group is white. As of 2019, he celebrated his 29th birthday with his friends and family. His family is originally from Los Reyes, Michoacán. His family moved to his current home in Juanacatlán, Jalisco, when he was only five years old. Later, he learned to ride a horse on his family's farm. He is the youngest of eight children, seven of them boys; All his brothers also became professional boxers. Among his brothers are welterweight boxers Ramón Álvarez, Ricardo Álvarez and former WBA interim champion Rigoberto Álvarez. Her sister's name is Ana Elda Alvarez. His mother, Ana María, also has red hair, while his father's name is Santos Álvarez. He is Cancer by horoscope and Christian by religion. There is no information about their education.
How tall is Canelo Alvarez?
With an athletic and strong complexion, Canelo Alvarez stands at the height of five feet and nine inches or 1.75 m. Canelo is a very pretty person with short hair and brown eyes. The reddish brown hair, Canelo has a balanced body weight of 75 Kg. With its charming and bright smile, it attracts the attention of many people towards it. The size of his chest is 41 inches, the waist size is 33 inches and his biceps size is 15 inches. His skin tone is white. It keeps your body a lot doing frequent exercises. In general, he has a healthy body with an attractive personality and a great attitude.
How was the career (beginning-present) of Canelo Alvarez?
- At the age of thirteen, Canelo began his boxing career after watching the debut of his older brother Rigoberto Álvarez as a professional boxer.
- He won the silver medal at the Mexican National Youth Championship, held in Sinaloa in 2004.
- In addition, he also became the 2005 Mexican National Junior Boxing Champion in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Chiapas, at the age of fifteen.
- He became a professional at the age of fifteen after his championship in the Junior Nationals.
- He knocked out 11 of his 13 documented opponents in his first nineteen months as a professional.
- His third official bout of his career was a victory over the future IBF lightweight champion Miguel Vázquez on January 20, 2006.
- He defeated Miguel Vázquez again in a rematch on June 28, 2008.
- He received a crushing knockout in the third round about Brian Camechi on March 6, 2010 and later on May 1, 2010, defeated José Miguel Cotto on the Floyd Mayweather vs. Billboard. Shane Mosley at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on HBO PPV to retain his NABF welterweight title.
- He won Luciano Leonel Neck for the WBC silver light middleweight in his sixth round TKO.
- He then fought against former WBC welterweight champion Carlos Baldomir.
- He defeated EBU welterweight champion Matthew Hatton by unanimous decision, by the vacant CMB light middleweight belt on March 5, 2011.
- He successfully defended his new WBC title against Ring # 4 classified as the super welterweight and current EBU light middleweight champion Ryan Rhodes.
- He successfully defended his title with a TKO in Round 6 over The Contender competitor Alfonso Gómez on September 17, 2011.
- He defeated American boxer Josesito López on September 15, 2012.
- He then defeated Kermit Cintron in the fifth round by TKO. The fight averaged 1.5 million viewers on HBO: Boxing After Dark.
- Richard Schaefer announced his next fight on May 5, 2012, on the billboard of Miguel Cotto's clash with Floyd Mayweather Jr. at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.
- He defeated Mosley after 12 rounds by unanimous decision.
- He won the fight by technical knockout in the fifth round after dominating Lopez from start to finish to remain undefeated and increase his record 41-0. The fight averaged 1.04 million on Showtime, where Canelo earned $ 2 million and Lopez an amount less than $ 212,500.
- His next fight took place on April 20, 2013 against Austin Trout.
- He successfully defended his WBC light middleweight title and won the WBA and the vacant light middleweight title The Ring Magazine.
- Trout stated that he had not underestimated Canelo, but that he trained to fight a completely different fighter.
- He fought against the number of The Ring magazine. 1 pound per pound, WBA super welterweight champion and WBC / The Ring magazine welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. on September 14, 2013, where Mayweather had a welterweight world title (147 pounds). Mayweather earned a guaranteed $ 41.5 million to Alvarez's $ 5 million.
- Richard Schaefer confirmed an agreement for a fight between Canelo Alvarez and Alfredo Angulo on March 8, 2014.
- Later, ESPN reported that the fight would take place with a weight of 155 pounds.
- He then agreed to weigh no more than 168 pounds on the night of the fight.
- He weighed 174 pounds on the Showtime scale and Angulo weighed 170 pounds on the first night.
- On July 12, 2014, he fought Erislandy Lara, where both fighters weighed exactly 155 pounds.
- Canelo was rehydrated at 171 pounds, while Lara entered the ring at 166 pounds.
- Oscar De La Hoya announced that Canelo and James Kirkland (32-1, 28 KOs) had agreed to fight each other in January 2015, where he defeated Kirkland by knockout in the third round. The fight attracted an average of 2,146 million viewers on HBO and peaked at 2,296 million, the highest audience for HBO in 2015.
- He won the WBC, Linear and The Ring middleweight titles with a unanimous decision on Miguel Cotto on November 21, 2015.
- It was announced that British boxer Amir Khan was climbing two middleweight to two divisions to fight Canelo Alvarez. The fight took place on May 7, 2016.
- He abandoned the WBC title he defended in the fight against Amir Khan. The WBC immediately granted the title to Gennady Golovkin.
- It was announced on June 24 that Canelo Álvarez should lower the extra pound to 154 and challenge the WBO champion, Liam Smith (23-0-1, 13 KOs) of England on September 17, 2016, where Álvarez defeated him.
- On December 22, WBO made him the mandatory challenger of the middleweight world title, omitting the previous number 1, Avtandil Khurtsidze.
- He announced that he planned to abandon his WBO light middleweight title after the Chávez Jr. fight and fight in the middleweight on February 22, where Alvarez won the fight by a unanimous ruling of exclusion on a dominant basis. The three judges scored 120-108 for him.
- He announced that he would then fight Gennady Golovkin on the weekend of September 16, 2017. They fought in a split tie (118-110 Álvarez, 115-113 Golovkin and 114-114).
- He said he would fight in May 2018, while Golovkin was open to fight in December 2017.
- On January 29, 2018, HBO finally announced that the rematch would take place on May 5 on the Cinco de Mayo weekend.
- Later, he was given a six-month suspension, retreating to his first drug test failure on February 17.
- After that, between Alvarez and Golovkin's fight, the fight was again not without controversy, since Alvarez defeated Golovkin by majority decision after 12 rounds.
- Compubox statistics showed that Golovkin connected 234 of 879 hits (27%) and Alvarez connected 202 of his 622 hits (33%). In eight of the rounds, Golovkin beat Alvarez.
- He announced that he would fight against 31-year-old British boxer Rocky Fielding (27-1, 15 KOs) on December 15, 2018 for the super middleweight title ' Regular ' of the AMB.
- DAZN announced that it had signed a five-year, $ 365 million agreement with Álvarez on October 17, 2018.
- He won by TKO after repeatedly knocking Fielding down with body shots.
- He defeated Daniel Jacobs by unanimous decision 115-113, 115-113 and 116-112 on May 4, 2019 in a middleweight unification fight at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
- He defended his WBA (Super), WBC, The Ring and linear middleweight titles while earning the IBF middleweight title from Jacobs.
- He announced through social networks on September 13, 2019 that he will advance two weight classes to challenge WBO light heavyweight holder Sergey Kovalev on November 2, 2019.
- This fight will be Canelo's attempt to win a title in a fourth division, as he has had world titles in the middle, medium and super middleweight divisions.
Who is Canelo Alvarez committed to?
It is always interesting to discuss the details of the boxers' relationship. Here, we have revealed information about Canelo's personal life as much as we know it. Upon reaching his marital status, he is not yet married and must still marry. But he was committed to Marisol González, who is Miss Mexico Universe 2003 and a sports journalist for Televisa Deportes. In addition, he also has two daughters and a son, all from different relationships. His daughter's name is Emily Cinnamon Alvarez. As of today, Canelo Alvarez is living a happy life with his fiance, Marison González. They are happily passing their quality of life without discomfort. The duo also plans to get married soon. His sexual orientation is heterosexual and not gay.
What is the current net worth and salary of Canelo Alvarez?
Canelo Alvarez, the net worth of the famous boxer will surely be in millions. He has reached great heights in his professional life. At twenty-nine, he is independent, famous, financially insured and has a boyfriend who loves children. According to sources, it has an estimated net worth of $ 21.5 million. He did all that wealth on his own with his dedication and hard work. He earned everything for himself and deserves everything. Currently, it is estimated that his salary has $ 20 million per combat. His main source of income comes from his boxing career and he is satisfied with whatever he is receiving. It also has a collection of Lamborghini cars.