Angélique Kerber is a professional German tennis player. Former world No. 1 and winner of three Grand Slam tournaments, she made her professional debut in 2003 and made herself known by reaching the semifinals of the US Open 2011. as No. 92 in the world rankings. Kerber has won 12 singles titles on all surfaces of the WTA Tour, including the three aforementioned Grand Slam titles: the 2016 Australian Open, the 2016 US Open and the 2018 Wimbledon Championships. She also won an Olympic silver medal while she represented Germany at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. Kerber is currently ranked No. 6 worldwide as of June 10, 2019.
Kerber, Aki, Angie
Professional tennis player
Left handed (two-handed backhand)
She has dual German and Polish nationality.
Anniversary / Date of birth
Angelique Kerber was born on January 18, 1988 in Bremen, Germany from the West.
She is currently 31 years old.
Sign of the sun
Angelica is of Polish origin.
His training is currently unavailable.
- Father – Slawomir Kerber
- Mother – Beata Kerber (born Rzeźnik)
- Brothers and sisters – Jessica Kerber (sister)
Boyfriend / spouse
Angélique Kerber has an appointment –
- Torben Beltz – There are rumors that Angélique Kerber would be dating Torben Beltz, her longtime coach, but none of them confirmed the relationship. The rumors dissipated after Kerber moved to a new coach in 2017.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In kilograms – 73 kg
- In pounds – 161 lbs
- Measurements – 35-26-35
- Chest – 35 inches
- Cut – 26 inches
- hip – 35 inches
- Bra size – 32E
She wears shoes of size 9.5.
The size of the dress
Her dress size is 5 (US).
She becomes the first tennis player in the world according to the WTA ranking she made on September 12, 2016 and for winning the 2016 Australian Grand Slam and 2016 US Open tournaments.
Angelique did not appear in any of the films.
Angelique appeared for the first time in the documentary of the television series Das aktuelle Sportstudio in 2012 as such in an episode of July 7, 2012.
Start of Grand Slam
In 2007, she made her Grand Slam debut by participating in Roland Garros.
Grand Slam wins wins
Kerber won her first Grand Slam title in 2016. At the Australian Open, she beat players such as Victoria Azarenka in the quarter-finals, Johanna Konta in the semifinal and American player Serena Williams finally.
Kerber has signed approval agreements with Adidas, its sponsor of clothing and footwear, and Yonex, its racket sponsor. In early 2015, she became global ambassador for the Stuttgart automaker, Porsche. At the end of 2016, she signed an agreement with the insurance group Generali. In late 2016, she became an ambassador for cosmetics brand Shiseido, the US cosmetics company Bare Minerals. In 2017, she became a global ambassador for the Australian brand of Slim Secrets health snacks. and signed with the Swiss Rolex luxury watchmaker and the SAP software company. Kerber has also been named ambassador for UNICEF, a children's charity.
Angelique Kerber Favorites
- Favorite actors – Julia Roberts, Cameron Diaz and Reese Witherspoon
- Favorite tournaments – Indian goods
- Favorite Grand Slam Tournament – open from Australia
- Favorite Sports – Swimming, Formula 1, Football
- Favorite color – Blue
- Favorite song – Kiss me (by Ed Sheeran)
Angélique Kerber Net Value
Angelique Kerber has an estimated net worth to $ 30 million dollars from 2019.
Social media profiles
Some lesser known facts about Angelique Kerber
- She started her career as a tennis player at the age of three.
- She was born right handed but she plays with the left hand.
- She is fluent in German, English and Polish.
- As a child, Kerber idolized the legendary tennis player Steffi Graf.
- Kerber made his professional debut in 2003.
- In 2007, Angelique Kerber made her Grand Slam debut by participating in the main draw at the Open de France. However, she lost in the first round. She had the same fate at Wimbledon and later at the US Open that season.
- In 2008, she won her first Grand Slam victory at the Australian Open against Maret Ani. However, she lost in the next round. His other Grand Slam appearances that year have not been successful either. Nevertheless, Kerber managed to win two ITF titles that year.
- In 2011, she managed to reach her first Grand Slam semifinal by defeating Flavia Pennetta at the US Open. After her impressive victories, she was ranked 34th at the end of the tournament and 32nd at the end of the year.
- In 2012, she won the Fed Cup between Germany and the Czech Republic, alongside her German competitors, Sabine Lisicki, Julia Görges and Anna-Lena Grönefeld. She also won her first WTA title at the Open GDF Suez after defeating Marion Bartoli in 2012.
- She began coaching at the Angie Tennis Academy in 2012, specially designed by her maternal grandfather.
- In 2012, Kerber moved to Puszczykowo, Poland. There his maternal grandfather owned an indoor tennis facility.
- In 2013, she managed to reach the fourth round of the Australian, French and American Open.
- In 2014, she managed to reach the fourth rounds of the Australian and French Opens but did not progress further. At Wimbledon, she beat Maria Sharapova to reach the neighborhoods, but her trip was stopped by Eugenie Bouchard.
- In 2015, she suffered a shocking defeat against Irina-Camelia Begu in the first round of the Australian Open. His rank slipped and hit two numbers. She defended herself and won her fourth WTA title at the Family Circle Cup.
- In 2016, she managed to make the headlines of her performance at the first Grand Slam tournament of the year, the Open of Australia.
- She won the silver medal in singles in Germany at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio, Brazil.
- In 2018, she managed to win her first title since 2016 at Sydney International where she defeated Ashleigh Barty. She also behaved well at the Australian Open and reached the semifinals before losing to Simona Halep. Her ranking has increased and she has returned to the top 10.
- In 2019, she reached the quarterfinals of the Australian Open before being defeated by Danielle Collins in straight sets. She is currently preparing for the next major tournaments and WTA.
- Visit the official website of Angélique @ angelique-kerber.de.