For many, the idea of becoming a millionaire writing and talking about other people seems unattainable, but this is the reality of the leading American journalist Anderson Cooper who raised millions of dollars to perform accurate political analysis and other road reports on television. He is the main presenter of the news program CNN Anderson Cooper 360 degrees and correspondent for 60 minutes. The international news presenter began his modeling career, but jumped to great heights in journalism for his skill and experience. Now, it has become one of the best known faces in CNN news. To learn more about the anchor, read on below.
Who are Anderson Cooper's parents?
Remembering his early years, Anderson Cooper was born as Anderson Hays Cooper in New York City, New York, USA. UU. He was born as the youngest son of writer Wyatt Emory Cooper and a descendant of artist, fashion designer, writer and heiress Gloria Vanderbilt. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is white-Caucasian. He has three brothers. One of his brothers, Carter Cooper, committed suicide by jumping from the terrace on the 14th floor of the New York City Penthouse apartment in Vanderbilt.
For his education, he went to a mixed private university high school, Dalton School and after graduating he made a "survival trip" in Africa for several months. He then joined Yale University, where he graduated in political science in 1989. He suffered dyslexia as a child.
When did Anderson Cooper start his journalist career?
- After graduating, Anderson Cooper began working as a data searcher for the small group agency Channel One. He entered only in Myanmar with his forged press and met with students fighting against the Burmese government. He lived in Vietnam for a year where he studied the Vietnamese language at the University of Hanoi.
- He soon began filming and gathering reports on Vietnamese life and culture that aired on Channel One. He joined ABC News as a correspondent in 1995 and soon ascended as co-host of his "World News Now" program in 1999.
- In 2000, he began presenting the reality show on ABC "The Mole", where contestants work together to add money to a boat that only one will win at the end, but left it in the second season.
- He then relayed news by joining CNN in 2001, where he anchored with Paula Zahn on "American Morning" before becoming a CNN primetime presenter in 2002.
- In 2003, he began presenting a news program "Anderson Cooper 360". It covered numerous important stories, including the damage caused by the tsunami in Sri Lanka, Cedar Revolution in Beirut, the death of Pope Paul II and the royal wedding of Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles.
- In addition to the personality of television, he is also a freelance writer who is the author of a variety of articles that have appeared in many media. In May 2006, he published a memoir for Harper Collins that details his life and his work in previous years. The reservation was successful and topped the New York Times bestseller list. His success in his career has paid him well financially.
- In 2007, he also presented the documentary "Planet in Peril" with Sanjay Gupta and Jeff Corwin on CNN and also presented "CNN Heroes: An All-Star Tribute," a program that honors ordinary people who perform extraordinary acts.
- In his first foray into a talk show during the day, he introduced "Anderson Live," a syndicated program that debuted in September 2011 as simply "Anderson." The program is distributed in the United States and Canada by Warner Bros. Television. The final episode of the show was aired in May 2013.
- Andy Cohen and Cooper announced that they would go on a national tour to present their AC2 conversation show starting in March 2015. The tour began in Boston, followed by Miami Beach, Chicago and Atlanta.
- The idea for the program came after Cooper interviewed Cohen about his most recent book, The Andy Cohen Diaries, at an event on 92nd Street And in New York City. Since then, the two-man show has been on tour, reaching more than 50 cities as of October 2018.
Is Anderson Cooper gay?
Anderson Cooper is proudly gay and one of the most recognized gay journalists on American television after talking about his personal life in 2012 in front of the world.
Talking about the state of their relationship, he was previously in a relationship with César Recio. They started since 2004 and after leaving for several years they end in 2009.
Then he began to have a relationship with the owner of the gay bar Benjamin Antoine Maisani. They started dating since February 2009. They have been dating for several years and now expect to get married soon.
How much net worth does Anderson Cooper have?
Anderson Cooper has accumulated a great wealth of CNN to become one of the richest media personalities in the world at this time. According to several online sites, the famous news anchor receives $ 12 million each year from CNN, which has brought his net worth to a whopping $ 200 million as of 2019.
How tall is Anderson Cooper?
Observing the statistics of his body, Anderson measures a height of 5 feet 10 inches and his weight is 68 kg. Similarly, his hair is gray and his eyes are blue. With respect to the measurements of his body, Anderson's chest, waist and biceps measure 40, 32 and 14 inches respectively. In addition, the size of his shoe is 10 EE. UU.