John Abraham is an actor, producer and former Indian model who appears in Hindi films. After being a model for numerous commercials and companies, he made his film debut with Jism, earning him a nomination for the Filmfare Best Debut Award. This was followed by his first commercial success, Dhoom. He has received two Filmfare Award nominations for his negative roles in Dhoom and Zinda. Abraham has starred in many critically and commercially successful films including Garam Masala, Taxi No. 9211, Dostana, New York, Force, Housefull 2, Race 2, Shootout at Wadala, Madras Cafe, Welcome Back, Dishoom, Satyameva Jayate’s Thus establishing Hindi cinema actor to commercial success.
Actor, Movie Producer, Old Model
Anniversary / Date of birth
John Abraham was born on December 17, 1972 in Kochi, Kerala, India.
He is currently 45 years old.
Ashiyana Estate, John Baptist Road, Bandra West, Mumbai
Sign of the sun
His mother is Parsi and his father is a Christian.
Abraham attended Bombay Scottish School in Mahim, Mumbai. Later, Jai Hind Collegehe graduated with a degree in economics. Later he received the MMS from Mumbai Educational Trust (MEET).
- Father – Abraham John (architect)
- Mother – Firoza Irani
- Brothers and sisters – Alan (younger brother), Susy Mathew (sister cousin)
Girlfriend / spouse
John Abraham dated –
- Bipasha Basu (2002-2011) – Bipasha, better known as Bips, has a long love affair with John. They started dating in 2002 and continued before quitting in 2011. For nine years, they were called Super Couple by the media. The couple made many films together from Jism (2003).
- Priya Runchal (2011 to date) – Priya Runchal, a US-based investment analyst and investment banker from McLeodganj, started dating Abraham in 2011. They met for the first time in Mumbai in December 2010. They were married on January 3, 2014 and celebrated in Los Angeles.
- In feet – 6 feet 0 inches
- In centimeters – 183 cm
- In meters – 1.83 meters
- In kilograms – 81 kg
- In pounds – 179 lbs
- Measurements – 45-17-34
- Chest – 45 inches or 114 cm
- Arms / biceps – 17 inches or 43 centimeters
- Cut – 34 inches or 86 cm
He wears shoes of size 11 (US).
For his roles in films like Jism (2003) in Kabir Lal, Paap (2004) in Shiven, Dhoom (2004) in Kabir, Garam Masala (2005) in Sam, Dostana (2008) in Kunal, Desi Boyz (2011) in Hunter, Housefull 2 (2012) as Max.
John Abraham takes his first role as Kabir Lal in the Indian erotic thriller Jism (2003) alongside Bipasha Basu. In 2007, Abraham became a producer and co-producer of the Bollywood romantic film Salaam-e-Ishq: a tribute to love, alongside Mukesh Talreja and Sunil Manchanda.
He has not appeared in any television series, has not hosted any television shows, and has appeared in numerous promotional talk shows.
John has endorsed many brands and products throughout his life, including his own clothing line: JA Clothes, Garnier Men, Yamaha, Haier, Reebok, Van Heusen, Grasim Shoots, SKYBAGS Collection, Castrol Power1 Pack, Godrej Eon , India Tour, PETA India Eat eggs and fish.
Awards and nominations
|2013||Vicky Donor||National Film Award||National Film Award for Best Popular Film Offering Healthy Entertainment||Won|
|Madras Cafe||Asiavision Award||Icon of the year||Won|
|Vicky Donor||Filmfare Award||Filmfare Award for Best Film||Appointed|
|2008||Dostana||Star Screen Awards||Star Screen Award Jodi N ° 1||Won|
|2007||Baabul||Filmfare Award||Filmfare Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role||Appointed|
|Zinda||IIFA Awards||Award for the best villain of the IIFA|
|Zee Cine Awards||Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role|
|Baabul||Bollywood Film Award||Bollywood Movie Award – Best Supporting Actor|
|2006||Zinda||Filmfare Award||Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Negative Role|
|Garam masala||IIFA Awards||IIFA Award for Best Supporting Actor|
|Zinda||World Indian Film Award||GIFA best villain|
|2005||Dhoom||Filmfare Award||Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Negative Role|
|IIFA Awards||Award for the best villain of the IIFA||Won|
|Zee Cine Awards||Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role|
|Paap||Stardust Awards||Stardust Superstar of Tomorrow – Men|
|2004||Jism||Filmfare Award||Filmfare Award for Best Men’s Beginning||Appointed|
|Bollywood Film Award||Bollywood Movie Award – Best male debut||Won|
|IIFA Awards||IIFA Award for the first year of the year – Men||Won|
John Abraham Favorites
- Favorite actors – Sylvester Stallone
- Favorite actress – Rani Mukherji
- Favorite movies – Beginning
- Favourite sport – Soccer
- Preferred colors – Black, White, Gray
- Favorite Restaurants – Royal China, Mia Cucina, Da Vinci, Thai Baan in Mumbai
- Favorite food – Patra-ni-Macchi, Dal-Chawal, Kaju Katli, Shrimp Patia
John Abraham Net worth
John Abraham has a net worth estimated at $ 30 million dollars from 2019. It charges 15 to 18 crores of rupees per film. He lives in a luxurious duplex in the upscale suburb of Bandra in Mumbai, which extends over an area of 100 sqm. It has a large fleet of vehicles including Lamborghini Gallardo, Audi Q3, Audi Q7, Yamaha R1, Yamaha VMAX and Suzuki Hayabusa. .
Social media profiles
Some lesser known facts about John Abraham
- His mother is Parsi and his father is Malayali.
- His father is an architect from Aluva, Kerala, a Syrian Marthomite Christian.
- He began his modeling career by appearing for the first time in the video clip of the song in Punjabi On my by Jazzy B.
- He did several mannequins and advertising campaigns before landing a decisive role in the 2003 film Jism.
- He was a fitness fan and also a big fan of motorcycles. He bought his first bike at the age of 18.
- Abraham worked as a media planner for Enterprises-Nexus.
- In 1999, he won the Gladrags Manhunt contest and went to the Philippines for Manhunt International, gaining visibility in the modeling world. He then modeled in Hong Kong, London and New York.
- He has appeared in various music videos for singers such as Pankaj Udhas, Babul Supriyo and Hans Hans Hans.
- In 2004, he appeared in Pooja Bhatt’s first film, Paap, alongside Udita Goswami.
- He then ventured into the theater and joined Kishore Namit Kappor Theater School in Mumbai to hone his acting skills.
- In 2005, he played with Arjun Rampal in the action thriller Elaan, which failed at the box office.
- Madras Cafe and No Smoking are his favorite movies among those he has interpreted.
- He owns a franchise of the NorthEast United football club of the Indian Super League (ISL).
- John is a pescetarian, one who does not eat meat but eats fish.
- In April 2013, on behalf of PETA, Abraham wrote a letter to the Minister of Environment and Forests, Jayanthi Natarajan, asking him to perform all Indian circuses without animals.
- Abraham is also the famous supporter of UNHCR in India and promotes the cause of refugees in India. According to his website, he reportedly donated 10 Lakh (about $ 15,000) to the Lilavati Hospital and Research Center in Mumbai.
- Visit his official website @ johnabraham.com.