A Brazilian-born Lebanese-born French businessman is named after Carlos Ghosn He was CEO of Michelin North America, Chairman and CEO of Renault, Chairman of AvtoVAZ, Chairman and CEO of Nissan and Chairman of Mitsubishi Motors. He was also the chairman and CEO of the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance, a strategic partnership between these automakers as part of a complex mutual participation agreement. Renault and the French government initially continued to support him and considered him innocent until his guilt turned out to be.
Ultimately, however, they found the situation unsustainable and Ghosn was retired on January 24, 2019 as Renault’s chairman and CEO. When Ghosn resigned on bail in early March, he was arrested again in Tokyo on April 4, 2019 by Nissan Fund on new charges of embezzlement. On April 8, 2019, Nissan shareholders voted to oust Ghosn from the company’s board of directors. On January 2, 2020, Interpol sent a red letter to Lebanon to request Ghosn’s arrest.
Carlos Ghosn Bio
|Famous name||Carlos Ghosn|
|Birth Name||Carlos Ghosn|
|Date of birth||1954-03-09|
|place of birth||Porto Velho|
|University||Jesuit School College, Ecole Polytechnique, Ecole des Mines de Paris|
|net assets||$ 150 million|
|salary||Will add soon|
|children||Caroline, Nadine, Maya and Anthony|
|spouse||Rita Ghosn (ex woman)|
|height||5 feet 8 inches|
|body measurement||42-35-37 in.|
|shoe size||6 US|
|biceps size||12 in|
Source: @ nytimes.com
The private jet company says it was deceived about Carlos Ghosn’s escape
A Turkish private jet company has claimed to have been misled in renting the plane that flew Carlos Ghosn, the fugitive automobile chief, to attempt a daring escape from Japan. MNG Jet rented two private jets for two different customers, one flying from Dubai to Osaka in Japan and then on to Istanbul and another from Istanbul to Beirut. The company said it has now determined that the aircraft were not leased for the passengers mentioned, but contributed significantly to Ghosn’s flight from Japan to Lebanon, where the former Nissan chairman was brought to justice for alleged financial misconduct. He has consistently denied the allegations. MNG Jet claimed to have filed a criminal complaint in Turkey to track people involved in the use of the jets. The company rented them, they were meant for other people. “A company employee who is under investigation by the authorities has admitted to falsifying the records,” the company said.
What is the birthplace of Carlos Ghosn?
Carlos Ghosn was born in Porto Velho, Brazil, on March 9, 1954. From 2019, he celebrated his 65th birthday with his friends. He was born to Carlos Ghosn and Rose Ghosn. There is no information about his siblings. He is of French-Lebanese-Brazilian nationality, while his ethnicity is mixed. He is Christian by religion. When he was about two years old, he fell ill after drinking unsanitary water and his mother moved to Rio de Janeiro with him. He did not fully recover there and in 1960, when Ghosn was six years old, he moved with his mother and sister to Beirut, Lebanon, where his grandmother and two other sisters lived. He finished high school in Lebanon at the Jesuit school Notre-Dame de Jamhour. He then completed his preparatory courses in Paris, at Stanislas College and at Lycee Saint-Louis. He completed his engineering studies in 1974 at the Ecole Polytechnique and in 1978 at the Ecole des Mines de Paris.
What was Carlos Ghosn’s career like?
- He worked for Michelin, Europe’s largest tire manufacturer, for 18 years and in 1978 initially worked in several plants in France and Germany.
- He became operations manager in Le Puy-en-Velay, France in 1981.
- He was appointed Michelin’s Chief Operating Officer (COO) in South America in 1985.
- In 1990 he was promoted to CEO of Michelin North America.
- He became Executive Vice President for Purchasing, Research, Technology and Development, Drive and Manufacturing at Renault and in 1996 headed Renault’s South American division at Mercosur.
- Renault and Nissan founded the Renault-Nissan alliance and in May 1999 Renault acquired a 36.8% stake in Nissan in March 1999.
- He joined Nissan in June 1999 as Chief Operating Officer (COO), was named President in June 2000 and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in June 2001.
- Ghosn’s “Nissan Revival Plan”, announced in October 1999, saw a return to profitability in fiscal 2000, a profit margin of more than 4.5% of sales by the end of fiscal 2002, and a 50% reduction in current levels Debt at the end of the 2002 financial year.
- He was the fourth non-Japanese to lead a Japanese automaker after Mark Fields, Henry Wallace and James Miller.
- In May 2002, he announced his next goals for the company, “Nissan 180”, a three-year plan for growth based on the numbers 1, 8 and 0.
- In October 2005, Nissan announced that annual sales from September 30, 2004 to September 30, 2005 were more than 3.67 million vehicles (compared to 2.6 million vehicles sold in the fiscal year ended March 2002).
- In May 2005, he was appointed President and CEO of Renault.
- In 2006, Ford Motor Co. officially offered him to run the company, according to American Icon: Alan Mulally and Bryce Hoffman’s fight to save the Ford Motor Company, which he refused.
- He led the Renault-Nissan Alliance significantly into the emission-free mass market for electric cars and provided EUR 4 billion (more than USD 5 billion) for these efforts in 2007.
- In 2008, he confirmed that Nissan-Renault would launch a “full range” of emission-free electric cars on the world market by 2012.
- After the earthquake and tsunami in Japan on March 11, 2011, he was a visible leader in the recovery effort.
- He appeared on television in Japan to encourage optimism.
- In June 2012, he was appointed deputy chairman of the Russian automobile manufacturer AvtoVAZ.
- In June 2013, he was appointed Chairman of the Russian company, a position that he held until June 2016.
- He announced that he would step down as Nissan’s CEO on April 1, 2017, and remain chairman of the company in February 2017.
- In October 2016, he completed the acquisition of a 34% majority stake in Mitsubishi Motors.
- The board of Mitsubishi Motors later removed Ghosn from its position as chairman on November 26, 2018, after he was arrested and Nissan was released for alleged financial misconduct.
Carlos Ghosn arrested
- The Tokyo District Attorney’s Office arrested him at 4:30 p.m. on his return to Japan on a private jet that came from Lebanon on November 19, 2019, because he had been questioned about alleged improper accounting.
- The same day, Nissan chief Hiroto Saikawa announced at a press conference that Ghosn had been fired from Nissan’s board of directors at a meeting on November 22 and would lose executive rights.
- On December 21, Ghosn was arrested again on suspicion of having suffered a $ 16.6 million personal loss to Nissan in connection with a personal exchange contract in October 2008 (during the global financial crisis).
- He first appeared in public after he was arrested at a trial on Tuesday January 8, 2019, in which he reaffirmed his innocence and made a statement on the main allegations against him. However, his application for release from prison was rejected.
- His detention was due to end on January 11th.
- He was charged with two additional charges: heightened breach of trust, underestimating his income and renewing his sentence.
- He resigned as Chairman and CEO of Renault on January 24, 2019.
- He was released on March 6, 2019.
- On January 2, 2020, Interpol sent a red letter to Lebanon to request his arrest.
What is Carlos Ghosn’s fortune?
Carlos Ghosn’s net worth is estimated at $ 150 million by 2020, according to some sources. He has not given the information about his salary to the media. Neither internet websites have published it. However, in the eyes of his followers, there is no doubt that he deserves a considerable wage from his current work and is satisfied with his earnings. His main source of income is his business career.
Who is Carlos Ghosn’s wife?
Carlos Ghosn is married. He was married to Rita Ghosn for the first time in 1984 and divorced from the duo in 2012. He is the father of four adult children: Caroline, Nadine, Maya and Anthony. After Rita, he married Carole Nahas and married in 2016. A few months later, in October, he held a big party in the Grand Trianon of the Palace of Versailles on the outskirts of Paris to celebrate Carole’s wedding and 50th birthday , He leads a blissful and happy family life. His wife understands his job and gives him the freedom to do his job the way he wants. Both respect each other and it is visible. The couples are less likely to divorce.
How tall is Carlos Ghosn?
Carlos Ghosn is a very pretty person with perfect body features. He has a very charming smile and an attractive personality that attracts many people to him. He is a perfect five foot eight inch tall with a balanced 70 kg body weight. His bicep size is 30 cm and his body measurements are 42-35-37 cm. His shoe size is $ 6. His eye and hair color is black. Overall, he has a healthy body and he keeps his body a lot.