Abrar Fahad was a Bangladeshi student at the University of Engineering and Technology (Buet) who was allegedly beaten to death by some Chhatra League leaders October 7, 2019. According to the Daily Star, Abrar Fahad was found dead after men from the Bangladesh Chhatra League interrogated him suspecting his involvement with Shibir.
May 13, 1998
|Aged||21 years old|
|Place of birth||Khushtia, Bangladesh|
|Death||October 7, 2019|
|Education||University of Engineering and Technology (Buet)|
|Dad||Md Barkat Ullah|
Abrar Fahad Wiki / Biography
Abrar Fahad was on May 13, 1998 in Khushtia, Bangladesh. His father’s name is Md Barkat Ullah.
Abrar Fahad Education
He finished his early studies at the primary school of the Kushtia mission and then studied at the Kushtia Zilla school. He also studied at Notre Dame College, Dhaka. On March 31, 2018, he began his studies at the Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (Buet).
Abrar Fahad family
Abrar Fahad’s Father Barkatullah worked as an auditor at BRAC and Mother Rokeya Khatun is a kindergarten teacher. Abrar was the oldest of two brothers, his younger brother Abrar Fayaz, a second-year HSC student at Dhaka College. Fayaz would stay at the Dhaka College hostel, near the Sher-e-Bangla Hall.
|Dad||Md Barkat Ullah|
|Home Address||Khushtia, Bangladesh|
Did you know…
- Abrar has always dreamed of becoming an engineer.
- He was fortunate enough to study medicine, but he refused to study at Dhaka Medical because he wanted to be an engineer.
- He was very religious.
- He prayed 5 times (5 waqt namaz) a day at Masjeed (mosque)
- He was able to read the sacred book Al Quran.
- He has completed the entire Qur’an 3 times during Ramadan.
Abrar Fahad Death
The second year student of the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Abrar Fahad, was killed in room number 1011 of Sher Bangla Hall. His village house is in Kumarakhali, Kushtia.
Several students in the room, who had called him from room number 2011 in the room on Monday October 8, asked him not to be named after beating some of the BCL leaders with a cricket game stamp after questioning Shibir.
BUET Chhatra League co-editor Ashikul Islam Bittu was present in the room during the confrontation. He said, “Abar was called to room 1011 at around 8:00 pm on suspicion of a camp. There we check Facebook and Messenger on his mobile. I found evidence of his likes on some controversial Facebook pages. He also contacted some of them. I found evidence of camp involvement.
Later, the fourth year brothers were informed after receiving the evidence, ”added the head of the BCL.
He also said: “After receiving the news, BUET BCL sports secretary Meftahul Islam Zion, information and research secretary Anik Sarker came to the site. At one point, I left the room. Then they may have been beaten. Later in the day (October 8), at three in the morning, Abrar died. “
Professor Zafar Iqbal Khan, director of the Sher Bangla Hall, told reporters: “I am getting a call from a doctor. Come and see the boy’s body lying. The doctor said that the boy was no longer there. Later, he was sent to the Dhaka Medical College hospital with the help of the police. “
He has received no complaints so far, “he said. Police are investigating the incident. They will be all kinds of support from the administration. “
BUET doctor. Masuk Elahi said, “At three o’clock in the evening, the hall students called me. I went down the hall and saw the boy lying on the stairs. By that time, the boy was dead. I see signs of many injuries all over my body. “
Requesting anonymity, a colleague of the late Fahad said, “After finishing my lessons, I arrived around 9:00 pm. Abrar was not in the room at the time. According to the others, I know that he was summoned by the Chhatra League brothers in room No. 21. Later that night, in one of the rooms, Abrar asked if we knew what we knew. Then he told us to go to the stairs room. We go there and we see Abar lying. Later, the doctor came and declared him dead. “
The additional deputy commissioner of the Lalbagh area, Kamal Hossain, told reporters: “I arrived at the scene after hearing from the Hall administration. I came to see the boy’s body. They were later rescued and sent to Dhaka Medical College. At the end of the procedure, the next steps will be taken. ” (Source: The Daily Star)
- Abrar’s father, Burkat Ullah, filed a murder complaint against four people at the Chawkbazar police station.
- Nine members of the Chhatra League branch of the University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) were arrested in connection with the murder.
- Students from various universities across the country held demonstrations on their campuses and demanded exemplary punishment for the assassins of student BUET. His death sparked protests on the campus of BUET and the University of Dhaka.
- Several hundred students from Dhaka University organized a protest rally at the base of the anti-terrorist sculpture Raju.
- Teachers and students of University of Jahangirnagar have also staged human ties on campus demanding the death penalty for the Abrar killers.
- In Khulna, students from Khulna University barricaded the highway in front of their campus with black badges and made a human connection with the main door of the university and protested the murder of Abara.
- To protest the abduction of Abhadur Fahd students from Rajshahi University protested. The students also blocked the Rajshahi-Highway for half an hour.
- Students of Shahjalal University of Science and Technology also made a human connection in front of the main door of the Sylhet campus. Later, the students organized a protest march which marched on the Sylhet-Sunamganj highway.